Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Also the original report mentioned 4 girls being ages 13-18, that has disappeared, I wonder if its beacause of the high profile list, for the girls protection or if it was miscommunication.

Not a miscommunication. 

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

How would your average perp be expected to know the difference?

I think you're laboring under the impression that this kind of human trafficking shop (with underage slaves) is uncommon. It's not. It's horrifyingly common - ESPECIALLY for certain "elite" segments of the population. Kraft sought this place out because it catered to his desires for specific women and privacy. 

There are powerful people who get off on this (and worse) - and use it to their benefits (through blackmail and profiting directly from the industry). 

3 hours ago, teef said:

The shocking thing is that the trafficking charges may not even stick. 

See above. The political class (state and federal) have a stake in keeping the trafficking flowing and operating because many of them are involved, implicated, or profiting from it. 

Trafficking has been a scourge for decades - but no one every REALLY publicly discussed it to the point of making it a national conversation until recently. 

Ask yourself why or how that could be if this problem is so wide spread. 

The answer will enrage you. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, teef said:

The shocking thing is that the trafficking charges may not even stick. 

Unless there is a startling revelation yet to be made the court action will be of minimal impact to Kraft.  The much larger issue is the PR damage that is created by having the Kraft name associated with the NFL.  The NFL is already at a point where it does not want the Kraft name to come up during a Pats broadcast.  For CBS it will be like having to amputate an arm but necessary when you think about the camera panning to Kraft's suite after a Pats TD or Nance talking about the intimate conversation he had prior to the game with Kraft.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Watch the movie “Taken” and you’ll understand what under age trafficking is all about and how widespread this disgusting crap is worldwide.

Except there is no one man army to beat these guys down in the real world.  But Taken will give you some idea as to how nauseating the real problem is.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

If Kraft can't be connected to the "sex slave" "sex trafficking" aspect, and was just basically some old guy getting a handjob at the end of a massage, I don't think this is a big deal. If he has deeper involvement, then it may be. Getting a handjob is hardly a big deal. Like, there isn't even an exchange of body fluids. To act like it's some kind of sexual assault is ridiculous. 

If you think all he got was a handjob....

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Whoever the health inspector was that picked up on the clues leading to shutting this down deserves a medal! I’d pitch in for a nice “thank you”. 

A medal?!  After the CSI bunch got done compiling results from the blue light test, a 55 gallon drum of disinfectant is in order.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm sure that Mr. Kraft, out of the goodness of his heart, was at that massage parlor solely to award one of its workers with a sizable check so she could continue her education.

So that's what Philanthropist' do 

?

• Haha (+1) 1