Stump @ExiledinIllinois (f/k/a Can someone explain...)

BringBackFergy

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Circle those wagons!  

What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

A) Does that mean you pee in the pool?

B) That will take him out of action for a week or so in any thread NOT about carp, hooks or bait. Does THAT count? 

A. Se 

2. Minimum of one week, good call.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

tugboat-in-lock-20-state-canal-park-vide

We have cute little locks in Upstate NY.  This one is a few miles from my house.  Why get exiled just to work on a lock?

That's minor league.

So much bigger here.

I worked @ Black Rock.  It's year 'round work here, not seasonal... 3 times larger and 1,000 times more traffic.  And I followed my wife out here. But... Not really exiled anymore. 

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's minor league.

So much bigger here.

I worked @ Black Rock.  It's year 'round work here, not seasonal... 3 times larger and 1,000 times more traffic.  And I followed my wife out here. But... Not really exiled anymore. 

That’s why I called it a cute little lock.  Seasonal, and more of a novelty than a commercial necessity.  I wonder if people could earn a decent living by working on those locks. I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can anyone stump Exiled?? He has Lockopedia at his fingertips. Does anyone have a brain large enough to make Exiled pause and reflect (rather than type in search terms)?   @DC Tom?  @Jauronimo? Shoot, even @Degenerate Mike in HHDS For that matter. Can someone stump him? He has all the answers. 

Sure.

What invention made the Assyrians the first superpower?

tugboat-in-lock-20-state-canal-park-vide

We have cute little locks in Upstate NY.  This one is a few miles from my house.  Why get exiled just to work on a lock?

Do you not see what you’ve done???

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledInIllinois is frantically searching Carpopedia for answers. Judging by the delay, I think you stumped him. 

No.....I think he’s just messin’ with you. Wait. Wait. Wait.......then the GIANT DUMP! 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Who came up with the word earth ? 

why not mead planet ? 

I apologize. I’m old enough to take credit for that, but we had not yet met, and I was without Mead Coin. I’ll do better next time. (For the right price.) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Fire canon?  Ancient version of the flamethrower.

???

On a semi-related note, why is my dog startled every time she farts?

I mean, I get why she runs away. I was in the grocery store today.....when I rapidly moved to another aisle, and I don’t have a hyper-sensitive nose. 

That’s why I called it a cute little lock.  Seasonal, and more of a novelty than a commercial necessity.  I wonder if people could earn a decent living by working on those locks. I doubt it. 

I assume... Erie Canal... Which is a State job.

I was seasonal until they got made permanent in early 1990s.  We just stay open.  They used to furlough, then bring people back on over time!  /smh

Just recently... Numbers game, one FTE (Full-Time Employee), the NFG is seasonal until a newer guy comes in.  But, that NFG is never furloughed.

First few years as hydrographic surveyor with Corps, we were furloughed... I Worked as Ski Instructor @ KB.

59 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledInIllinois is frantically searching Carpopedia for answers. Judging by the delay, I think you stumped him. 

Geesh... I was out to dinner with family...

LoL...

Anybody know what the sharpest thing in the world is?

Okay... All You Brainiacs, step up to the plate!

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

On a semi-related note, why is my dog startled every time she farts?

I mean, I get why she runs away. I was in the grocery store today.....when I rapidly moved to another aisle, and I don’t have a hyper-sensitive nose. 

I wouldn't want my anal glands squeezed either!

Unless it's by a Bob Kraft hooker, then that's another story!  Throw a Trump hooker in there too for good measure.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wouldn't want my anal glands squeezed either!

Unless it's by a Bob Kraft hooker, then that's another story!  Throw a Trump hooker in there too for good measure.

Ummmm....for the record, I was NOT volunteering! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I assume... Erie Canal... Which is a State job.

I was seasonal until they got made permanent in early 1990s.  We just stay open.  They used to furlough, then bring people back on over time!  /smh

Just recently... Numbers game, one FTE (Full-Time Employee), the NFG is seasonal until a newer guy comes in.  But, that NFG is never furloughed.

First few years as hydrographic surveyor with Corps, we were furloughed... I Worked as Ski Instructor @ KB.

Geesh... I was out to dinner with family...

LoL...

Anybody know what the sharpest thing in the world is?

Okay... All You Brainiacs, step up to the plate!

A fart.  It can cut through your pants without even making a hole.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Fire canon?  Ancient version of the flamethrower.

???

(Naptha fueled)

Hobnail boots.  

Footwear up to that point was sandals or moccasin-style shoes.  Soft-soled.  The Assyrians introduced hard-soled boots, reinforced with iron, so could march farther, faster.

Basically, the Assyrians conquered the known world because they invented arch support.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hobnail boots.  

Footwear up to that point was sandals or moccasin-style shoes.  Soft-soled.  The Assyrians introduced hard-soled boots, reinforced with iron, so could march farther, faster.

Basically, the Assyrians conquered the known world because they invented arch support.

At the rate Zappos delivers boxes to my fron door, I’m pretty sure my wife is after the Milky Way. For starters......

I just heard “Let it Be” by The Beatles tonight.  There’s a line where McCartney sings “...and though they maybe farted, there is still a chance that they will see”. Can anyone explain the inspiration for this stanza? In the video, Yoko is sipping wine next to John on the floor. Maybe she let one rip? 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Exiledinillinois accepts tips as gatekeeper? 

Under/=$20.  That has been the acceptable Federally ethically amount for years.  But that's change... Since 2016.  There is a new sheriff in town with the Executive Branch. 

Honestly... The "New Swamp" threw those ethics out the window.  I think it's much more than $20 bucks now gift and or cash... I want to say it's in the $100s?  We used to take DoD "ethics training" every year. Come to think of it... Last time was around 2016.  Strange.

Farthest distance I every had a vessel come from was from Finland.  A sailing vessel from Helsinki.  That's pretty damn close to Russia... And I am looking to score a tip with these new "non-existant" ethic rules and amounts!  If you get my drift!  LoL...  I might make bank...

??

SailingVesselLaCapitana_Finland_Borgå-Porvoo.jpg

On 2/22/2019 at 10:37 PM, DC Tom said:

Hobnail boots.  

Weren't they also revolutionary siege engineers?

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am sorry... This is just a Bills board.  You should seek professional help.

You win!  Stumped me.

Ohh, don’t be a quitter! I think you should check it out at the next tailgate and give it your best guess. Not asking for a Kraft style happy ending or anything.....unless you’re in the mood. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Weren't they also revolutionary siege engineers?

My God man! The minute you introduced the term “engineers” you invited @ExiledInIllinois to go on a five paragraph diatribe about the Army Corps of Engineers and his service to this country. Keep it together man!!