Stump @ExiledinIllinois (f/k/a Can someone explain...)

BringBackFergy

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

My God man! The minute you introduced the term “engineers” you invited @ExiledInIllinois to go on a five paragraph diatribe about the Army Corps of Engineers and his service to this country. Keep it together man!!

Carp

Might as well keep him busy all in one place. Know where to find him, that’s the way I see it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Weren't they also revolutionary siege engineers?

No.

They were good siege engineers, and invented the siege tower.  But really...siege warfare was pretty much all the same until the siege of Constantinople in 1453: march up, ask for terms, if you don't get them you rush the walls.  If that fails, you dig in and hope either the city gives up or someone inside the city shows you a secret way in, before either a relieving army shows up, or your besieging army dies from starvation and disease.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.

They were good siege engineers, and invented the siege tower.  But really...siege warfare was pretty much all the same until the siege of Constantinople in 1453: march up, ask for terms, if you don't get them you rush the walls.  If that fails, you dig in and hope either the city gives up or someone inside the city shows you a secret way in, before either a relieving army shows up, or your besieging army dies from starvation and disease.  

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.

Why do all the TV stations show commercials at the same time?

When commercials come on, I start flipping channels. If a different channel had something other than a commercial, I might be tempted to stop and watch. 

Of course, commercials are how TV channels make their money, so there is probably a deal among the channels to synchronize the commercials so viewers give up and watch some of them. 

51 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Why is it that I can find print articles, You Tube videos etc. about the absolute fun to be had whilst catching Asian Carp via a baited hook? I thought all carp were filter feeders and simply plopped themselves facing upstream whilst holding their maws open to eat.

Have a nice 60 day vacation. You are now reported for asking a question @ExiledInIllinois will answer with 11 paragraphs, pie charts and links from “Asian Carp Fishing News”. May God have mercy on your soul. 

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Not code?

OK Batman riddle me this why are all of the button holes on my shirt cut vertically except the bottom one which is horizontal?

& remember the rules, no peeky.

Hmmm.

Because if it's tucked in your pants and if you go "SCHWING!" you don't want to pop a button?

NSFW... Only on Casual Fridays:

Hope your shirt tails are untucked and unbuttoned... Because even a horizontal button won't stop it from popping.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hmmm.

Because if it's tucked in your pants and if you go "SCHWING!" you don't want to pop a button?

Hope your shirt tails are untucked and unbuttoned... Because even a horizontal button won't stop it from popping.

This subject is one of many that @Gugny has educated me on. 

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hmmm.

Do the owners of these boats have:

A. Massive Wealth

B. Massive debt

C. More money than brains

I just don’t get it. It might be fun once, but it doesn’t seem worth the big bucks to me. 

12 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Do the owners of these boats have:

A. Massive Wealth

B. Massive debt

C. More money than brains

I just don’t get it. It might be fun once, but it doesn’t seem worth the big bucks to me. 

It implies weath.  You don't see them burning fuel do you.  They are all tied off, rafting.  That ain't that expensive... And how many boats are brand new?  

10 minutes ago, mead107 said:

If you poop ? in river how long does it take to break down? 

Ask somebody in New Orleans, by then it passed through three people.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/26/2019 at 7:27 PM, mead107 said:

Why do they call it rain when it’s moisture falling from the clouds? 

Who named rain rain.  

Germans.

Only thing in history they named that didn't have a six-consonant cluster in it somewhere.

20 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledInIllinois  Why do radio and tv stations start with a “W” (WGR, WBEN, WKBW, etc)?  Does the “W” signify Worldly, Whites, Wasp, Wall???

https://www.rd.com/culture/radio-stations-k-w/

In 1912, several countries attended a conference to discuss international radiotelegraphs. One of the things that came out of that meeting was the assignment or specific letters to identify each countries radio and television signals. The United States was given the letters W, K, N, and A.

The letters ‘N’ and ‘A’ were given to military stations, but ‘K’ and ‘W’ were assigned out for commercial use. Radio stations east of the Mississippi River had to start their stations with ‘W’, and stations west of the Mississippi with ‘K’. There is some discrepancy though since radio stations that already existed before this rule was put in place weren’t required to change their name

(in sprinters stance ready to bolt) 

Huge hoodwinker sunfish washes up on a beach in California 12,000 miles from where it is mostly found

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/us/hoodwinker-sunfish-north-america-trnd/index.html

was it following the Asian Carp?

10441754-6759325-image-m-73_155141833605

25 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

@ExiledInIllinois  Why do radio and tv stations start with a “W” (WGR, WBEN, WKBW, etc)?  Does the “W” signify Worldly, Whites, Wasp, Wall???

In your case I believe it means

Witless   :D ;) :) :huh: :ph34r:  :wub:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan