Jim Boeheim accident

RochesterRob

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

WHAM13 Rochester is reporting Boeheim was involved in an accident of which a vehicle operator was hit and killed from around midnight last night.  An investigation is proceeding with details to follow.  Boeheim is cooperating with authorities.  

Boeheim passed the sobriety test, dude that got hit was in an accident already and decided to get out and walk on the 690, not very smart

I read icy road conditions and yes, no alcohol at all in Boeheim.  Boeheim was shaken up but cooperating.  Very sad all around.  

I always liked Jim Boeheim and he is Syracuse.  So far, I am glad there are no other extenuating circumstances here...seems like a bad decision by the guy who died and just an accident with Boeheim.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Boeheim passed the sobriety test, dude that got hit was in an accident already and decided to get out and walk on the 690, not very smart

I heard the guy who got hit was in a one car accident, then tried to walk away. Things went from bad to worse. Feel for everyone involved. This sucks.....

He was supposed to be on Dan Patrick this morning, but obviously missed that. 

7 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

I read icy road conditions and yes, no alcohol at all in Boeheim.  Boeheim was shaken up but cooperating.  Very sad all around.  

I always liked Jim Boeheim and he is Syracuse.  So far, I am glad there are no other extenuating circumstances here...seems like a bad decision by the guy who died and just an accident with Boeheim.

Compound that with that most likely the vehicle operator was not dressed to be readily seen on a dark night.

I work in Syracuse. A co worker came to my office and asked me if I knew who Dan Le Batard was. She then told me DA Fitzpatrick is pissed at him because he said on his show that Boeheim had been drinking and fled the scene. The DA said they should have called his office to confirm.

I didn't believe Le Batard would be that stupid so I googled it. Sure enough, his reactions to the incident have been scrubbed by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/26046477/le-batard-reacts-boeheim-involvement-fatal-car-accident

5 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I work in Syracuse. A co worker came to my office and asked me if I knew who Dan Le Batard was. She then told me DA Fitzpatrick is pissed at him because he said on his show that Boeheim had been drinking and fled the scene. The DA said they should have called his office to confirm.

I didn't believe Le Batard would be that stupid so I googled it. Sure enough, his reactions to the incident have been scrubbed by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/26046477/le-batard-reacts-boeheim-involvement-fatal-car-accident

That is just stupid and serves to make a very difficult situation for those involved even worse.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Really irresponsible.  I've never been a Cuse fan or Boeheim fan but this has to be just awful.  I feel for the coah and of course the victim's family.

• Like (+1) 1