TE Thoughts

RPbillsfan

I was reviewing the Sportac website and looking at the teams number of players signed, available cap space and players who are possible releases do to cap issues.

NE has 16 million in cap space, and needs to resign Flowers and get themselves a WR and TE.

They can save 10 million by cutting Gronk (he's probably going to retire) and Dwayne Allen (7.2 Million cap savings),m.

I think they cut Allen regardless, sign a TE like Jessie James of Pittsburgh or one of the Bengal TE's and draft someone like Hockenson, Fant or Irv Smith.

The Vikings have only $5,000,000 in cap space and can save 7.2 million by cutting Kyle Rudolph.

Here is my thought, if released sign both Rudolph (high priority), and Allen (reasonable contract), and cut Clay (save 4.5 million), sign James of Miami at RT,  Think Carolina has enough cap space to resign Darryl Williams.  KC dosent have cap space to retain Mitch Morse so let's sign him to play C.  Hope to trade down with Washington to get 15 and 46.

My Bills picks:

15 DJ Metcalf - WR

40 Chris Lindstrom - G

46 Jerry Tillery - DT

Your thoughts

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I'd rather go 

#15 TJ Hockenson TE

#40 N'Keal Harry Wr

#46 Chris Lindstrom G

#75 Andy Isabella  Wr

Are u just noting your draft choices and ignoring the body of the post where we sign:

C Mitch Morse

RT - Juwann James

TE - Kyle Rudolph

TE - Dwayne Allen

As much as I love TJ Hockenson I feel Metcalf at 6'4", 230, sub 4.5 is the Julio Jones/AJ Green of this draft.

Lindatrom at G puts a stud opposite of Teller and Tillery is a penetrating type of DT to replace Kyle 

• Like (+1) 1

I dont see Rudolph being cut.  Just because they save money doesn't mean they will.  As a run first mindset Zimmer would be against it.  Rudolph is an above average blocker and a top 5 receiving TE.  As a Bill's fan, I'm all for it.  I think teams understand that casual football fans like offense and fantasy football.  Getting quality premier players in their prime on offense will be extremely rare.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Are u just noting your draft choices and ignoring the body of the post where we sign:

C Mitch Morse

RT - Juwann James

TE - Kyle Rudolph

TE - Dwayne Allen

As much as I love TJ Hockenson I feel Metcalf at 6'4", 230, sub 4.5 is the Julio Jones/AJ Green of this draft.

Lindatrom at G puts a stud opposite of Teller and Tillery is a penetrating type of DT to replace Kyle 

Not a fan of Tillery.  Can see OBD taking a smaller quicker 3T in middle rounds. 

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

I dont see Rudolph being cut.  Just because they save money doesn't mean they will.  As a run first mindset Zimmer would be against it.  Rudolph is an above average blocker and a top 5 receiving TE.  As a Bill's fan, I'm all for it.  I think teams understand that casual football fans like offense and fantasy football.  Getting quality premier players in their prime on offense will be extremely rare.  

Agreed. I think they restructure Rudolph. Doesn't seem like he is going anywhere. 

I love the trade back and pick up an extra 2nd round pick.

I would love to see this:

#15 - JaWaan Taylor, OT - Florida

#40 - Hakeem Butler, WR - Iowa St.

#46 - Chris Lindstrom, G - Boston College

#75 - Deebo Samuel, WR - South Carolina

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

I love the trade back and pick up an extra 2nd round pick.

I would love to see this:

#15 - JaWaan Taylor, OT - Florida

#40 - Hakeem Butler, WR - Iowa St.

#46 - Chris Lindstrom, G - Boston College

#75 - Deebo Samuel, WR - South Carolina

That would be a very good draft.  I think they go heavy in offense in the draft to establish a core. I think their is a core in place on defense.  I wouldn t be surprised if the biggest name brought in during FA is on defense.  That seems to be where the biggest bang for your buck lies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Jerry Tillery looks like the antithesis of a process guy.  I don't think Beane will touch him with a 10 foot pole..  OP's free agent signings would be OK.  I think the best case scenario for the Bills in the first round is a trade down.  If they've gotten their OT in free agency, Metcalf would be OK a little lower in the first round, or Risner, or a DT like Wilkins.  If they don't get their tackle in free agency, Taylor would be a good get.

It's not often that a team's needs align so perfectly with the strength of a coming draft.

The Bills desperately need offensive linemen and tight ends, and this draft is rich in both.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see the Bills draft TWO tight ends this year.

It can be reasonably argued that it's a bigger need than WR. At WR, we at least have Foster and Jones and, to a lesser extent, McKenzie. At tight end we have oft-injured Clay (who may be cut) and then a bunch of JAGs. On top of that, a quality TE is a young QB's best friend.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

C Mitch Morse

RT - Juwann James

TE - Kyle Rudolph

TE - Dwayne Allen

Physically he is that guy.  As a WR, he’s not nearly as polished as those guys were coming out.  Not even close.  I get the comparison but I think it’s woshful thinking. Misses the season due to a neck injury.  I don’t think he should be our 1st pick.  Love the takent though.  Has some serious bust potential.  

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's not often that a team's needs align so perfectly with the strength of a coming draft.

The Bills desperately need offensive linemen and tight ends, and this draft is rich in both.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see the Bills draft TWO tight ends this year.

It can be reasonably argued that it's a bigger need than WR. At WR, we at least have Foster and Jones and, to a lesser extent, McKenzie. At tight end we have oft-injured Clay (who may be cut) and then a bunch of JAGs. On top of that, a quality TE is a young QB's best friend.

Do the Bills desperately need offensive linemen and Tight Ends? Oh, nevermind..

Is this Draft rich in both? Oh, nevermind..

How often does a teams’ needs align so perfectly with the strength of a upcoming draft? Oh, nevermind..

• Haha (+1) 1