Anyone here work in healthcare?

Another Fan

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Did you fondle a coma patient?

Society is way beyond that.

https://www.health.com/pregnancy/give-birth-in-coma-vegetative-state

Only total losers get past "First Base."  And, today, it's a nobody who ain't a loser...

A victim, loser, or a nobody... Except those Roman Catholic kids in MAGA hats... They are winners! 

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Society is way beyond that.

https://www.health.com/pregnancy/give-birth-in-coma-vegetative-state

Only total losers get past "First Base."  And, today, it's a nobody who ain't a loser...

A victim, loser, or a nobody... Except those Roman Catholic kids in MAGA hats... They are winners! 

What struck me is the woman has been a veg since age 3. What kind of life is that? It would be hell if she is conscious at some level.

39 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They told you to prick his boil.

Hopefully he isnt dyslexic..........

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What struck me is the woman has been a veg since age 3. What kind of life is that? It would be hell if she is conscious at some level.

How would anyone know if it is hell or not if you haven't experienced anything else? To someone who has experienced everything else, to have it taken away would be, but if it's all you have known would it be hell?

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just some advice....when you're amputating a "left leg" it's the patient's actual left leg.  Not the leg to the left when looking down upon.

Oh man, my wife is in the healthcare field.  It's astonishing the amount of times wrong-sided surgeries happen.

8 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

Oh man, my wife is in the healthcare field.  It's astonishing the amount of times wrong-sided surgeries happen.

I've had knee and shoulder operations. Got asked at least 10 times which one we're operating on today, they mark the correct one, just don't understand how this happens. I'm sure everyone heard the 1995 story of a man having the wrong leg amputated. When googling it, saw a story about another one that just happened last year (in Russia.) 

Edited by Steve O
submitted before finished

5 hours ago, Steve O said:

I've had knee and shoulder operations. Got asked at least 10 times which one we're operating on today, they mark the correct one, just don't understand how this happens. I'm sure everyone heard the 1995 story of a man having the wrong leg amputated. When googling it, saw a story about another one that just happened last year (in Russia.) 

Yeah, it's crazy.  I've heard stories where they've asked the patient multiple times, had the correct area marked, and still did the surgery in the wrong spot.  I can't even wrap my head around it.