Brandon Beane letter to Season Ticket Holders

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

My father got birthday cards ..late 70's.

That’s a nice touch 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I thought I remember hearing that season tickets last year were in the high 30s.

No, made it into the 50k range for 4th year in a row 

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Why only give heated seats and a full bar to the club ticket holders? Why not all season ticket holders?

When everybody is special, nobody is special. 

I agree, just think the perks shouldn’t be mission statements or the like, those should be privy to all fans. 

56 minutes ago, TPS said:

4, 5, and 7 each have two picks

They essentially found 5 starters in the last two years in Rounds 4 and higher:

Taron Johnson in R4 last year

Matt Milano in R5 2 years ago, and Teller last year in R5

They might have found two undrafted gems in Wallace and Foster last year, and both were starters.

No one hits on all of their picks, but these guys are developing a pretty good track record in the draft. 

But unless the qb works out it doesn't matter though. 

:devil:

3 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Why only address the season ticket holders? Why not send this letter to all fans?

I mean the letter is pretty pointless and nondescript but for a franchise as bad as the Bills you’d think they would reach out to their entire fan base.

This had to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while.  How on God's green earth are you going to find the addresses for every Bills fan?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I actually offer a class on taking a joke. First meeting is on the 30th of this month. Hope to see you there! :) 

My talents are going to waste.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Wow. Great comeback......if the year a was 2017.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...any chance he could re-open it with ONE member?......SMH........

I’m no prude, but I think I speak for everyone when I tell y’all to get a room.

It means absolutely nothing, but it struck me as funny that he refers to the owners as the Pegula's...not Terry & Kim, not Mr & Mr's Pegula, not Terry & Kim Pegula.  Then in the same sentence he refers to the HC as "Sean".

Just seems poorly worded.  I'll move on now.

Edited by LabattBlue

Oh the internet.... where sports fans argue over a stock email from a team PR person that says essentially “we weren’t good but we plan to get better!”

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

I agree, just think the perks shouldn’t be mission statements or the like, those should be privy to all fans. 

On that token, unless you are a STH, please see yourself out of the super secret letter thread.

he nailed it....outstanding

directed to those (STH) who are looking for reasons to validate their continued financial support.

he's paid to put a positive spin on it.  everything he said is true and believable without sugar coating it.

the naysayers can dismiss the letter as just words....that's fine too.

hope springs eternal......this is the year that will define his tenure here.....won't have another  $100 mil to spend in FA for quite awhile

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

It means absolutely nothing, but it struck me as funny that he refers to the owners as the Pegula's...not Terry & Kim, not Mr & Mr's Pegula, not Terry & Kim Pegula.  Then in the same sentence he refers to the HC as "Sean".

Just seems poorly worded.  I'll move on now.

FWIW I’m sure that he wrote the content, submitted it to Derek Boyko, and this is Boyko’s wording.

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

not sure why the team makes such a big deal about 10 draft picks.

All of the extra picks are late round selections (I think 4, 6 and 7)

Taron Johnson - Rd. 4

Matt Milano - Rd. 5

Wyatt Teller - Rd. 5

Robert Foster - UDFA

Levi Wallace - UDFA

Players with potential can be found anywhere if the right scouts are in-house and the right person is picking them, and the right coaches are developing them.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This had to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while.  How on God's green earth are you going to find the addresses for every Bills fan?

You’re the second person to say this, Inhope you’re both being sarcastic but sadly I doubt it.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Oh the internet.... where sports fans argue over a stock email from a team PR person that says essentially “we weren’t good but we plan to get better!”

On that token, unless you are a STH, please see yourself out of the super secret letter thread.

It’s the off season, we’re starting strong. And I’ve agreed to take over my buddy’s ST so I’m not leaving this thread.

6 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Only the Bills would be dumb enough to hire a GM who mails out their plan to the season ticket holders. Belicheck is salivating now. 

Beane is simply articulating general team building principles that every team more or less operates by, or at least says they do.  Beane is not giving away any deep dark secrets

We know better than to read too much into this - but I'm curious what may have been said and what the take aways were from those meetings with Josh, Edmunds, and Tre for their offseason plans/goals to meet. Anything from the typical offseason curriculum and workout plan to hopefully team leadership plans for the future in establishing that foundation he keeps talking about. Also curious if he invited any other guys into similar conversations to keep as pieces moving forward.

Of course, we'll never know but it's the offseason so nothing else to think about until mid-march.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, ticketssince61 said:

not sure why the team makes such a big deal about 10 draft picks.

All of the extra picks are late round selections (I think 4, 6 and 7)

They're 4, 5, and 7...and you mean the rounds we got Taron Johnson and Matt Milano in the last few years? The 5th round where we got our best player for the last decade?