Right Tackle market shaping up

CaptnCoke11

46 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Not all the draftable o-lineman were in the game yesterday, but from what I saw, if the idea is to get the best player available (in o-linemen), then draft Garrett Bradbury in the first round! He was a wall, drove people backward, he was by far the best O-lineman on the field. 

I know, "you don't draft centers" with a 9th pick, said by the same people who say "you don't draft guards" that high. Check out what the Colts did last year. Drafting for need would be to take a Tackle, drafting the BPA, would be taking Bradbury, there was no one close to him.

Take him, and draft a worthy guard or tackle in the 2nd. The Bills have to build the line! Without it, you're just spinning your wheels.

And one other thought, I think every possible Free Agent has been mentioned; understand, almost every team is looking to upgrade their line. The idea the Bills are just going to sign who they want the day it opens is silly. As someone said above, the quality of players you'll find in FA are Bodine-like. Guys like Mills and Miller will be signed by someone, and probably for pretty decent pay increases. Going the FA route is simply shuffling the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Build the line through the draft!!!!!! And start with Bradbury!!!!

Bradbury is good. #9 pick good no way. 

I would bet he goes somewhere around 50. 

Theres got to be a reason why he hasn’t been talked about as a 1st round pick. I haven’t seen enough game film on him or know his past.

But he was solid. I’d take him with our 2nd pick no problem. I just think we are gonna grab the best available WR with our 41st pick, who may just be BPA at 41 due to the depth of quality WRs.

Right now im

Dalton Risner Round 1

Hakeem Butler Round 2

But FA will change all that

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Some light rumors that Trent Williams might be a cap casualty. He’s still a Top 10 LT. 

If he becomes available we need to throw $50M at him.

That would be a 4 yr deal at $50M. 

Roughly $12.5M per being Massie just got $10M per. Closer to $60M per is your #.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Holding #73 offense.. 10 yard penalty replay 1st down

Should we really be surprised that a 2nd year tackle regressed when the perennial pro bowl guard playing next to him left?

Regardless, I've always felt that Dawkins was a decent tackle prospect and outstanding guard prospect, so if I can get a pro bowl LT and fill 2 needs I'm doing it all day 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Massie re-signed for a little over 8 million per season.  Daryl Williams will probably command that or even slightly more.  

Coming off that injury I'm not sure he's going to get that.  We'll see.

My hope would be for the Bills to find a vet Center and then make some moves on the board to set themselves up for Risner or Taylor in rd 1 and I'll need to do some research for round 2/3.

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

Starting to think we should sign Williams and Trent Brown, move Dawkins to guard and draft the best center possible.  Paradies has been my target, but looking at his age and his injuries+ the $ he’ll command, I don’t think he’s our best option. 

There will be some good C talent available in round 2.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still hoping Paradis is a legit target for OBD.  I like having a strong center you can place with Allen for 4-5 years to help with identifying blitzes, blocking schemes etc. 

If T. Williams comes to market, going after Paradis doesn't automatically mean they couldn't be in play for both.  There' so little invested in the line at this point, paying two top-10 guys at their respective positions isn't a bad allocation of cap IMO.    

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Starting to think we should sign Williams and Trent Brown, move Dawkins to guard and draft the best center possible.  Paradies has been my target, but looking at his age and his injuries+ the $ he’ll command, I don’t think he’s our best option. 

I would love this but cant see McBeane spending much in free agency. We will be lucky to get one of these guys.

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I doubt Paradis leaves the Broncos but I don't think I'd be on board with a rookie C starting for my 2nd year QB, the C position is like the QB of the OL, I'd be fine with Bodine and drafting the best C possible. Maybe they move Dawkins to G, I don't forsee that happening only because there are like 3 other teams including the Jets who have close or better cap space than us. If I had to guess I'd say we keep Dawkins at LT, sign C Travis Swanson, LG Quinton Spain and RT Darryl Williams, keep Teller at RG also draft a C in the the 2nd or 3rd round, possibly resign Mills/Groy as adequate depth but that's just my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with that scenario. It's a significant bump up in talent IMO.?

There are going to be a lot of suitors for the top OL'man in FA. I'd like to get James for RT and Paradis for C, but we also have to be able to sell them on Buffalo. Hopefully Beane and McDermott work their magic this offseason. If we could cover two of these positions in FA it would free up a lot of options draft wise imo. 

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

Trent Brown didn't much with the 49ers so I'd be hesitant. Williams and Ju'wuan James are the two UFA OTs I like best this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

Brown was great his 2nd year, in a rut his 3rd year and pretty dominant this year.  He stifled Jerry in both games which was quite a feat this season.  His size, arm length and feet are just unfair. He may not be the safest pickup but he has the highest upside of any tackle available in the draft and free agency.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Brown was great his 2nd year, in a rut his 3rd year and pretty dominant this year.  He stifled Jerry in both games which was quite a feat this season.  His size, arm length and feet are just unfair. He may not be the safest pickup but he has the highest upside of any tackle available in the draft and free agency.  

I'd be all about it. We know the Pats won't cough up big bucks. This is a viable option for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be all about it. We know the Pats won't cough up big bucks. This is a viable option for sure.

I don't know who else they have to sign but they gave big money to Hightower and Gilmore.   I would think they'd try to sign him.  

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

Draft one.  What about the other? You’re ok with keeping Dawkins at tackle?  I just can’t see why anyone would want him protecting our franchises blindside.  He was awful last season.  I’m sure having bums playing next to him contributed to his regression but he didn’t earn another season as our starting LT imo.  Not sure he can even play RT.  I think he could be an upper tier guard and that’s the route I would take.  I’m sure he’d be bitter but it’s his fault.  He should’ve played better

I disagree. It's his job for the next season, I'll bet. There is no reason to give up on him. The whole line played atrociously and that is a unit that requires a ton of teamwork. If the rest of the line gets better, he'll get better too. Plus, he's still very young and still developing.

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I don't know who else they have to sign but they gave big money to Hightower and Gilmore.   I would think they'd try to sign him.  

I'm pretty sure we could outbid them if Beane has him targeted. The Pats will set a number and not go a penny higher. Then the question becomes whether he'd take less money to stay in NE. He's all about the culture or whatever they call their process.

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

I disagree. It's his job for the next season, I'll bet. There is no reason to give up on him. The whole line played atrociously and that is a unit that requires a ton of teamwork. If the rest of the line gets better, he'll get better too. Plus, he's still very young and still developing.

I can understand why those would like to make him our LT of the future, I just think he’d be better at guard.