Don't be surprised if Josh Jacobs is the first round target for McBeane.

njbuff

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I guess that’s the difference.  I’m not a big fan of a lot of those DL at 9.  I’d be happy with Oliver, Bosa and Allen.  Not a big fan of anyone else at 9.  Trade down.  At that point, there’s a chance that jacobs is BPA.  

I agree with you in the respect that there are a few positions I wouldn’t want to draft in the first rd (LB, S, QB) regardless of BPA.  RB is usually on that list based on the ability to grab one later in the draft, but I just think Jacobs is that much better than all the other RBs.  Jmo, of course

I think a trade down in the first round is quite possible.   A qb or 2 will most likely shoot up the board creating a possible trade scenario.  If they do trade down, almost anything is possible.

21 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This staff just strikes me as not being the type to draft a RB that high.  I could be completely wrong though. 

Seeing as Beane said he will go BPA and you never draft for need or overdraft a player I agree.

Folks, a little perspective here.....

Are all of you aware that Josh was never established as the starting running back at Alabama? He was never the strongest running back on the Tide and while he is quick, he isn't a speed back.

Josh is very good and quite versatile. He has great hands, blocks well, and is a smart kid and a smart player. Saban loves the kid. That said, I am not even sure if he will be better than Damien Harris. He can be if he continues to improve and his first step is a bit quicker, but Damien reminds me a bit of Thurman in terms of seeing holes to run through. He is no slouch.

As a life long Alabama Fan, I would welcome Josh to the team. He had an extremely tough life but seems to maintain a great, positive attitude. I have no doubt that he would be quite useful to Allen, but; I don't think that the Bills should use a #9 on him.

Disclaimer: I am not pretending to be a scout. I am just a fan who has seen every Alabama game for many years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

The NFL community thought Trent Richardson was a round 1 running back.

That........ I think is another story.

I can give you at least a million examples of the NFL community loving a player that turned out to be a colossal bust.

Tony Mandarich ring a bell????? For starters.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He just tore his ACL in December. I don’t think he will play much, if at all, this year. It also appears that med school is his dream, not football. Some team will draft him at some point but I wouldn’t. 

He did? Yikes I didn’t realize 

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

That........ I think is another story.

I can give you at least a million examples of the NFL community loving a player that turned out to be a colossal bust.

Tony Mandarich ring a bell????? For starters.

So therefore your argument of saying the NFL community loves Jacobs as a counter to me not supporting Jacobs as the Bills round 1 pick is a bit of a terrible argument then...... 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, njbuff said:

RB is a need and we don't know if McBeane is on the Jacobs love train or not.

It will be interesting to see how the Bills go after another RB.

So you have no rumors, connections (besides dabol) , evidence to to confirm hes a target?  Random

Edited by BillsMafia13

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

He mentioned the connection to Daboll. I don't think he was trying to imply that he had any inside info. What did he do wrong?

I edited that at the same time you commented.  He didnt do anything wrong, what do people call it, a LAMP?  Unless im missing something I see no reason to even entertain this. He sounds like the 3rd best rb on his own team at 9?  Worse than the spiller pick and just makes no sense

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

I edited that at the same time you commented.  He didnt do anything wrong, what do people call it, a LAMP?  Unless im missing something I see no reason to even entertain this. He sounds like the 3rd best rb on his own team at 9?  Worse than the spiller pick and just makes no sense

If you saw my post in this thread I am totally against using a #9 on Jacobs, and I am a HUGE Crimson Tide Fan and really like the kid.

I see your point wrt the Spiller comparison, I really do, but; I would take Jacobs over Spiller ANY day!!! Even for the Bills, the Spiller pick was so stupid that it was mind boggling. As for Jacobs, imo he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He is a much better and stronger player than Spiller ever was.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you saw my post in this thread I am totally against using a #9 on Jacobs, and I am a HUGE Crimson Tide Fan and really like the kid.

I see your point wrt the Spiller comparison, I really do, but; I would take Jacobs over Spiller ANY day!!! Even for the Bills, the Spiller pick was so stupid that it was mind boggling. As for Jacobs, imo he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He is a much better and stronger player than Spiller ever was.

Thank you, I know next to nothing about college ball other than the bulls so I rely on you guys.  Just seems like Jacobs isnt close to the #1 RB, at a de-valued position we dont need so I got nervous for a min

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Thank you, I know next to nothing about college ball other than the bulls so I rely on you guys.  Just seems like Jacobs isnt close to the #1 RB, at a de-valued position we dont need so I got nervous for a min

You need to avoid stats when looking at prospects. Josh Allen was a perfect example. It’s a skill set that you are looking for. The reason that scouts love Jacobs (Daniel Jeremiah’s top overall offensive player) is the combination of balance, receiving, effort, and tackle breaking ability. He has a skill set that translates to a 3 down back. He’s going to be a great pro and go way earlier than people many have thought (as he is a guy rising now). I don’t think he’s the Bills pick at 9 but I’ve seen him mocked as high as 5 to the Bucs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1