Don't be surprised if Josh Jacobs is the first round target for McBeane.

njbuff

With Daboll as OC and with him knowing Jacobs and the all around talent that Jacobs is....................

this might very well be the target of this organization come the first round of April's draft.

I only mention this because of how upset people will be around here if the Bills make RB a first round priority.

We shall see, as we still have the whole draft process to go thru.

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I too think it’s a possibility (and people will lose their minds). The scouting community LOVES Jacobs. The Bills are clearly drafting BPA (whenever they pick). It is absolutely possible. I still think it’s a defensive player but they certainly aren’t crossing anyone off at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

This would be like a CJ Spiller pick, when we have more pressing needs.

RB is a need and we don't know if McBeane is on the Jacobs love train or not.

It will be interesting to see how the Bills go after another RB.

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

With Daboll as OC and with him knowing Jacobs and the all around talent that Jacobs is....................

this might very well be the target of this organization come the first round of April's draft.

I only mention this because of how upset people will be around here if the Bills make RB a first round priority.

Who knows. The only thing that would keep from thinking they're going to spend a 1st round pick on a running back is the degree to which they have made it clear that McCoy and Ivory are a big part of the Bills' plans going forward. 

If McCoy gets traded away, then sure. As things stand now, though? It doesn't seem like a very smart use of resources.

If I was betting money on what position our 1st round pick will play, I'd bet that it's somewhere along the defensive line.

4 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

This would be like a CJ Spiller pick, when we have more pressing needs.

The problem with the Spiller pick was more that he wasn't as good as they thought he was - not because they already had Lynch (whom they had grown very tired of).  I see it more as a missed evaluation rather than a logical flaw.  Every team misses on some picks - even high ones.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Seems like a reach to draft a RB like him that high.  Maybe if they trade back a few picks 

37 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I actually would be surprised. McD has yet to use a single draft asset on a RB in two drafts. Not even a 7th rounder. Not even the free 5th they got for TD Mike. Every year I hope it changes. I actually would like a high pick spent on one. But I would be very surprised if it happened. They don’t seem to value rookie RBs. I could see a FA pickup, that seems to be the pattern