Trump The Divider

Tiberius

Is it coming out that he isn’t a Vietnam vet!?  I think the most suspect thing about him is that he has been in the center of these controversies before.  Something is to be said about someone who keeps being the center of attention.  It doesn’t necessarily mean he is lying, but it’s suspect!

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Is it coming out that he isn’t a Vietnam vet!?  I think the most suspect thing about him is that he has been in the center of these controversies before.  Something is to be said about someone who keeps being the center of attention.  It doesn’t necessarily mean he is lying, but it’s suspect!

He's a political operative. 

And he stole valor. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

He never claimed to be one, to be honest.  Just claimed to be a "Vietnam-era Marine Recon Ranger," and the media ran with "Vietnam vet" on their own.

Though the biggest crock of ***** in that statement is "Marine Recon Ranger."  There's no such thing.

Just now, Crayola64 said:

Sometimes you just can’t make this stuff up.

Oh, wait.

We are in a (dis)information war and have been in earnest since early 2015. 

We are all combatants in this war, which is global, whether we realize it or not. 

The only way through is to hone your own discernment. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We are in a (dis)information war and have been in earnest since early 2015. 

We are all combatants in this war, which is global, whether we realize it or not. 

The only way through is to hone your own discernment. 

No doubt.  The manipulation through news and social media is perhaps the most troubling thing going on right now (though I do my best to ignore it).  I may be different than a lot in here, in that I believe this manipulation is not only on both sides if the political spectrum, but also beyond just politics.

its just ridiculous what people say, and how many people will believe it.  CNN, msnbc, foxnews, and a wealth of nonsense on Facebook and Twitter.  You’ll find a lot of lies in any of those.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He never claimed to be one, to be honest.  Just claimed to be a "Vietnam-era Marine Recon Ranger," and the media ran with "Vietnam vet" on their own.

Though the biggest crock of ***** in that statement is "Marine Recon Ranger."  There's no such thing.

I've NEVER met a liar who was just 'regular forces' like I was. They always gotta up it. "I was a HALO Marine Delta Operator!"

Now, I've met plenty a real vet who just cannot help themselves and embellish and lie their asses off. I call them "storyfellers." I love me a good storyfeller. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Well, I stand corrected.

Surely it must be a common feeling by now?

Just now, row_33 said:

There was no point in disputing his military service. 

It certainly goes towards the honesty of his account.

BRUCE BAWER: The Disgraceful Covington Catholic Pile-On.

“I spent much of my weekend following this story, because the savage assaults on the boys on Twitter and elsewhere struck me as supremely emblematic of the ugliness at the heart of our holier-than-thou, white-hating, male-hating, and Trump-hating establishment culture. Even if the boys had behaved in an unseemly manner, the spectacle of all these politicians, journalists, and celebrities piling on to them with such intense shows of moral indignation was far more unseemly.

Especially reprehensible was the way in which so many of the boys’ critics reacted when the real truth came out. Many of them quietly removed their tweets. Others choked out extremely lame apologies.”

Read the whole thing.

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

No doubt.  The manipulation through news and social media is perhaps the most troubling thing going on right now (though I do my best to ignore it).  I may be different than a lot in here, in that I believe this manipulation is not only on both sides if the political spectrum, but also beyond just politics.

its just ridiculous what people say, and how many people will believe it.  CNN, msnbc, foxnews, and a wealth of nonsense on Facebook and Twitter.  You’ll find a lot of lies in any of those.  

You're not alone in the bolded. 

The trick is making us believe the battle is R v L or D v R or conservative v liberal. It's none of those things. 

It's the global establishment (which crosses the aisle) versus the people. 

Making us think the fight is between ourselves is how they stay in power.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“I spent much of my weekend following this story, because the savage assaults on the boys on Twitter and elsewhere struck me as supremely emblematic of the ugliness at the heart of our holier-than-thou, white-hating, male-hating, and Trump-hating establishment culture. Even if the boys had behaved in an unseemly manner, the spectacle of all these politicians, journalists, and celebrities piling on to them with such intense shows of moral indignation was far more unseemly.

Especially reprehensible was the way in which so many of the boys’ critics reacted when the real truth came out. Many of them quietly removed their tweets. Others choked out extremely lame apologies.”

Read the whole thing.

? Holy ***** shitballs that is funny coming from a Trumper!! 

Edited by BigMcD

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Read the whole thing.

does it really matter.... I get your view, but.....

I'm not even surprised it was the other side who was being racist towards the white kids.

By the way Tiberius, how come you didn't post about an actual racist and sexist story where someone at the Women's March had a sign that said "White Old Men Extinction Nearing"? Is it because you hate white men too?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're not alone in the bolded. 

The trick is making us believe the battle is R v L or D v R or conservative v liberal. It's none of those things. 

It's the global establishment (which crosses the aisle) versus the people. 

Making us think the fight is between ourselves is how they stay in power.

Same fight we're always had:  monarchists vs republicans.

• Like (+1) 1

So wait.....after 16 pages of discussion - did not read them but figured you Einstein's would have it hashed out by now....

So tell me.....Are we saying a bunch of white racist religious punks from KY wearing MAGA hats are not actually white racist religious punks wearing MAGA hats after all? 

Edited by TH3

DxiXxdkXQAQfZ2u.jpg

_TkJ4CYY_normal.jpgSavannah Guthrie
Sitting down with Nicholas Sandmann - the student at the center of the protest controversy at the Lincoln Memorial. Airs tomorrow on @TODAYshow

Almost 14K replies to this tweet in under 2 hours

and if you want to see the current state of the American Left, try to read the increasingly crazy replies

Just now, TH3 said:

So wait.....after 16 pages of discussion - did not read them but figured you Einstein's would have it hashed out by now....

So tell me.....Are we saying ab bunch of white racist religious punks from KY wearing MAGA hats are not actually white racist religious punks wearing MAGA hats after all? 

I have my own judgments against who those kids likely are, who they will likely grow up to be, and who their parents likely are. And I would be willing to bet there is a lot of ignorance in their views.  BUT, the narrative that they harassed and surrounded a native american appears to be blatantly false.  Even the original video didn't depict anything beyond them being the people you described.  

Ya....well there are also videos of the MAGA teen squad acting like total effing dbags before the whole native American thing....so there is that....

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I have my own judgments against who those kids likely are, who they will likely grow up to be, and who their parents likely are. And I would be willing to bet there is a lot of ignorance in their views.  BUT, the narrative that they harassed and surrounded a native american appears to be blatantly false.  Even the original video didn't depict anything beyond them being the people you described.  

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:
DxiXxdkXQAQfZ2u.jpg

Almost 14K replies to this tweet in under 2 hours

and if you want to see the current state of the American Left, try to read the increasingly crazy replies

Wait - MAGA hat not so cool anymore - come on bro - REPRESENT!

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Wha wha wha what? 

You're a self described liberal who just used just one color to draw a picture of who these kids are likely to be in the future*.  You have a whole box of crayons and your going with one? 

I'm always amazed when a liberal lumps people together like that.  So closed-minded!

*magenta. You used magenta, the color of intolerance! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Wha wha wha what? 

You're a self described liberal who just used just one color to draw a picture of who these kids are likely to be in the future*.  You have a whole box of crayons and your going with one? 

I'm always amazed when a liberal lumps people together like that.  So closed-minded!

*magenta. You used magenta, the color of intolerance! 

What that I judge people based on their political beliefs?  You mean, like you just did.  Of course we all judge people based on political beliefs, sometimes right and sometimes wrong.  I am aware.  When I see a child that has been raised in a religious school, brought to a religious rally, and wearing political attire.....yea I just might draw some inferences.  I am sure you might do the same for different views.

And what are you talking about intolerance and nonsense, who mentioned any of that?  I hope these kids continue to get an education and have the opportunity to make their own mind.  Where is my intolerance

Oh wait, are you just trying to argue for no reason lol.  Not all liberals are bad, same with not all conservatives from my point of view.  

EDIT: Though as a writer, I do like you crayon symbolism haha.  It is just that the substance of your post is jumping the gun a bit.  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I'm surprised those on the right are not more heated about this. When the left starts coming for our boys, more than just the pens chopping mind wash, you'd think there'd be more of a "whitelash."

it's just stupid garbage