Mel Kiper Mocks — 1.0 DT Rashan Gary 2.0 DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

I think the bottom line on why the draft analysts have him so high, despite not having huge production, is that college stats can sometimes be misleading toward how they will produce in the NFL, looking at which position they will play and the traits that they have for that position. I do think he will light up the combine. 

I am not advocating for the Bills to take him,  over say Ed Oliver or Jawaan Taylor, etc. just looking at it objectively. 

I will say if want a less hyped version of Gary later, and don’t want to drop a top 10 pick on a 3 tech look for Dre’Mont Jones out of OSU. Could possibly be there at top of the 2nd. 

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry I haven't read the last 5 pages so if its a repeat ... my bad 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/mock-draft-watch-1-0

Mel Kiper
No. 9 – Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan

Matt Miller
No. 9 – Jonah Williams, T, Alabama

Steve Palazzolo
No. 9 – Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Dane Brugler
No. 9 – Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Dan Kadar
No. 9 – Cody Ford, T, Oklahoma

RANK

Rashan Gary, Edge
gary-rashan-171016-120x150.jpg

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Gary is a freak. He has a unique blend of size, speed, explosiveness and power. Unfortunately, it doesn't always translate to production. As a pass rusher, he has a dynamic get-off and flashes the power to bull through OTs with only one arm extended. However, he lacks complementary moves and stalls at the top of his rush far too often. Against the run, he destroys TEs on the edge with pure strength and power. However, he will bury his head and fail to locate the football at times. His athleticism is on display in coverage, where I've seen him run and mirror slot receivers. There are some concerns about his durability after he missed time with injuries. Overall, Gary is more of an athlete than football player at this time, but the upside is off the charts and his effort is exceptional.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10

Daniel Jeremiah’s 4th overall player in the draft 

Edited by YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Really?  A TE in the 1st? Over and OL or DT. Whats ur logic there breh

Well obviously OL is our number 1 need. I don’t see an OL worth a top ten pick in this draft. Although, Dillard might be worth a top ten pick. We will see how he performs at the Senior Bowl. TE is probably the second biggest hole on the roster. A good TE is more valuable to this offence than a good WR imo.

Seeing how these guys draft I could absolutely see it.  In 2018 when they traded up for that second 1st round pick they passed on a legit weapon for their newly drafted QB in Ridley, and selected linebacker instead.  Not saying Edmunds is not good, but it shows me where their priorities are.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, Buff76ers said:

Top 5 D and bottom on Offense but Kiper thinks D is where we should spend our 1st pick.  Dude sucks. 

I'll cry if we go defense in the 1st round...

Having the 2nd overall defense, and the 30th overall offense SHOULD make it obvious which side of the ball needs the most work.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, billspro said:

Well obviously OL is our number 1 need. I don’t see an OL worth a top ten pick in this draft. Although, Dillard might be worth a top ten pick. We will see how he performs at the Senior Bowl. TE is probably the second biggest hole on the roster. A good TE is more valuable to this offence than a good WR imo.

Thats an interesting take breh. Well see how FA shakes out but they might just rock with croom and a late round te like we did with O Leary.

As important as a shiny TE is, JA got hurt last year and right now he is the teams #1 investment. Beane isnt dumb im sure hes grabbing an OL in rounds 1 or 2 whether he trades up or down. Gotta protect the investment the franchise.

Edited by FearLess Price

3 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Thats an interesting take breh. Well see how FA shakes out but they might just rock with croom and a late round te like we did with O Leary.

As important as a shiny TE is, JA got hurt last year and right now he is the teams #1 investment. Beane isnt dumb im sure hes grabbing an OL in rounds 1 or 2 whether he trades up or down. Gotta protect the investment the franchise.

would be nice for the big investment to have a quality pass catching TE to throw to ...