Andre Reed Criticizes Personnel Decisions

20 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Bill Polian, in his final Buffalo Bills press conference, stated: ‘Remember these players, these men’

You’ll not seek the likes of them again’

so far, he is still correct..

Not even for one of them

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Appreciate their efforts, but they and they alone bear responsibility for their ultimate failure. It's high time that the franchise wuits living in the past, man.

Let's use your own words here.......

The desperate attempt of the irrelevant to seem relevant

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

This is probably the exact reason they didnt hire Reich.

3 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

Then we better do it as the 2nd place AFC East wildcard. Brady's gonna play until hes 50.

17 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

As an alum of the greatest era of Buffalo Bills football who more than distinguished himself during that era, Andre has the right to take a stand, and make a statement. We will be ‘stuck’ will celebrating that era until a new generation steps up to the plate. We’re still waiting....

I agree. He is entitled to his opinion. But why should a fan base, twenty years removed from his success, read into this? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Ya know what? I'd trade three of those losses for one win. 

Yes, we agree. However, it is what it is, and what it is is still mighty special in my book, regardless of the last game. No one can take that away from us. How we got to each of those SB’s was awesome each time. 

Andre has only said what a lot of reasonable fans are thinking or have said themselves: that McBeane have gambled their moves during the previous 2 off-seasons to clear cap will get them into the playoffs and win succeed.  

The jury's still out on this new regime.  Because even though they've identified and acquired their QB, there's newt to nothing around the guy right now.  And usually you don't build an offense in one off-season.    

The cost to clear the cap in 2018 was a 6-10 record and a weak roster.  If they're not 10-6 next season or better, the "process" has been inherently flawed. 

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I agree. He is entitled to his opinion. But why should a fan base, twenty years removed from his success, read into this? 

What was the end game of him putting the current FO on blast publically? Probably to rile up the fans or whatever, and he succeeded. But the current ownership and FO have no ties to the 90s Bills. So it’s like yelling in a closet where no one can hear you. They don’t care.  If he has something to say he should say it to them straight. But he won’t. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

they were like the Brady Pats for roughly six seasons 

Minus that whole pesky winning the super bowl thing.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

What was the end game of him putting the current FO on blast publically? Probably to rile up the fans or whatever, and he succeeded. But the current ownership and FO have no ties to the 90s Bills. So it’s like yelling in a closet where no one can hear you. They don’t care.  If he has something to say he should say it to them straight. But he won’t. 

EXACTLY.

The moment this franchise starts giving a whit about what Andre Reed thinks personnel-wise, it needs to be sold.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because this fanbase, more than any other, loves to live in the past. 

Since when does appreciating the past equate to “living” in it? Sure I’d love to have my teen years back from the 90’s too, but I’m doing just fine in my 40’s now, thank you very much. Tradition, appreciation and expecting a certain level of competency based on previously hit high water marks? What’s wrong with that?