Andre Reed Criticizes Personnel Decisions

He’s not wrong. The amount of talent we gave up is substantial. If the process works, Allen is a stud and we are long-term contenders then it’s fine,

but that’s very unlikely. 2019 is make or break for McBeane. He’s got experience, his QB and a few drafts and free agent periods to build their team. If we continue to get out coached and blown out as often, it won’t matter who is on the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We need to challenge and possibly win the AFCE next year. Anything less than 10 or 11 wins would be a real problem and (I'll get flamed for this) with Allen's accuracy issues, I just don't see it happening. We may win more games (7 or 8), but Allen's arm is our ceiling. They can't afford to hit the snooze button and just leave Allen unchallenged for the starting job after next year or we'll end up like the Dolphins with Tannehill -- maybe in the playoffs once in a while, but not really a threat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He’s not wrong. The amount of talent we gave up is substantial. If the process works, Allen is a stud and we are long-term contenders then it’s fine,

but that’s very unlikely. 2019 is make or break for McBeane. He’s got experience, his QB and a few drafts and free agent periods to build their team. If we continue to get out coached and blown out as often, it won’t matter who is on the team

Who specifically is playing a prominent role that is a former Bill, though? Gilmore who gave up a TD? Everyone else is just an afterthought on their respective teams.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

McDermott actually did a solid coaching job this season, IMO. On the other hand, you're right about the process failing unless Allen can magically improve the natural ability of his right arm to throw accurate passes. As far as blowouts are concerned, we're rebuilding, so I don't whine about them like everyone else, but Allen needs to show that he was worth that #7 pick and that's unlikely.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Who specifically is playing a prominent role that is a former Bill, though? Gilmore who gave up a TD? Everyone else is just an afterthought on their respective teams.

Robey-Coleman and Woods are very solid contributors on the Rams.

Even if the bills don’t make the playoffs next season, the staff will likely still retain their jobs. If it’s a total disaster that one thing, but I’d doubt 7/8 wins would get anyone a pink slip. Not that that’s successful, but I don’t think it’s durable to the pegulas. 

29 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

In hindsight, our handling of the WR certainly was ass-backward.  Having Woods on our team now would certainly bolster our WR corp and would've been a bargain relative to what we paid for the production we got from his replacement(s).  I never could understand how we let Robey-Coleman get away.

The other poster is accurate that we made a nice offer to him, but he declined as he wanted to get closer to as his whole extended family is in Southern CA.  I agree I would love to have him, but a player has to want to be here.

3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Robey-Coleman and Woods are very solid contributors on the Rams.

Woods is a 3rd target now. Robey-Coleman is a nickel corner. Contributors, but easily replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We need to challenge and possibly win the AFCE next year. Anything less than 10 or 11 wins would be a real problem and (I'll get flamed for this) with Allen's accuracy issues, I just don't see it happening. We may win more games (7 or 8), but Allen's arm is our ceiling. They can't afford to hit the snooze button and just leave Allen unchallenged for the starting job after next year or we'll end up like the Dolphins with Tannehill -- maybe in the playoffs once in a while, but not really a threat.

You'll definitely get "flamed," but I like to think you're entitled to your opinion. I have serious doubts about Allen, but that'll be settled next season.

• Like (+1) 1

What?  A Bills legend, member of the NFL HOF, leading non-kicking scorer in Bills history, and provider of some of the greatest moments in this franchise's history DARE criticize the current regime!?

Off with his head! 

Clearly McD knows better!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's just saying what many of us are thinking. They made the decision to go full rebuild so we've dealt with many growing pains.

This season is make or break for McBeane IMO. They drafted their QB who will be in his second season in the same system and have 90 mil in cap space. Hope and excuses will run dry if next season is anything like 2018. 

Want to bet even if "McBeane" does turn it around it won't be enough for many of you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

Oooohhh....Is Tpegs waiting for your stamp of approval on anything else?

Edited by TH3

Just now, vorpma said:

Want to bet even if "McBeane" does turn it around it won't be enough for many of you?

What is "turn it around?" You talking playoffs? Hell, even 9-7 and a wild card loss is fine. These are not unrealistic expectations in year 3. I've seen the teardown. I want to see some construction.

• Like (+1) 1

Who is he even talking about?  Sammy?  Dude missed 1-2 the season and they had the best record in the AFC.  Shows how great HE is.  Nice fumble resterday . Darby? No, he’s hurt.  Dareus?  No, his defense got worse with him.  

• Like (+1) 2

He’s obviously right - the Pegulas thought they could stroll into the NFL with no guidance other than the snake oil salesman Brandon.  The fans are still paying for the owners’ decision to learn on the job.  All of the personnel mistakes we’ve seen during their tenure - and there have been many - stem from their lack of experience and false confidence that the business of football would be easy to figure out.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

It ain't up to you.  And those players he's talking about were mostly let go under the previous regime.

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What?  A Bills legend, member of the NFL HOF, leading non-kicking scorer in Bills history, and provider of some of the greatest moments in this franchise's history DARE criticize the current regime!?

Off with his head! 

Clearly McD knows better!  

I guarantee McD absolutely knows better how to manage a team than reed. I love reed, but the guy can even manage his own haircut. 

8 minutes ago, teef said:

I guarantee McD absolutely knows better how to manage a team than reed. I love reed, but the guy can even manage his own haircut. 

It's not Reed's job to manage the team. He's essentially a fan voicing his opinion. Until we see results, it's fair game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1