Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

Just now, wppete said:

??????? What is this stuff????

Per earlier in the thread from what I read, their is some beef there bc allegedly AB hooked up with Poyers girl or something.

Was wondering if that was legit

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Poyer’s wife slept with AB days before they got married

So that is true, damn. Hard to see AB coming here if that was the case

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Per earlier in the thread from what I read, their is some beef there bc allegedly AB hooked up with Poyers girl or something.

Was wondering if that was legit

So that is true, damn. Hard to see AB coming here if that was the case

He is a true scumbag. What about almost killing a toddler when throwing furniture out of his condo and onto the swimming pool area almost killing a child. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antonio-brown-steelers-wide-receiver-accused-nearly-hitting-toddler-furniture-thrown-from-balcony-2018-10-09/

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) People start forgetting your past when you start being a great teammate who holds himself accountable.   It's never happened with Big Ben.

2) Don't forget McCoy going Kareem Hunt on a woman on his party bus back in his Philly days.  His off field history is purdy bad.    Throwing a piece of furniture and almost hitting somebody wouldn't make McCoy's off-field highlight reel.

3) Sucks to be Tomlin?   Let me know when McDermott wins a couple SB's and has his team in contention for a decade.:doh:

When did McCoy go Kareem Hunt on a woman?  I know he poured water or something on her but never put his hands on her.

Throwing a furniture and nearly hitting a TODDLER wouldn't make McCoy's off field highlight?  

1 hour ago, wppete said:

He is a true scumbag. What about almost killing a toddler when throwing furniture out of his condo and onto the swimming pool area almost killing a child. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/antonio-brown-steelers-wide-receiver-accused-nearly-hitting-toddler-furniture-thrown-from-balcony-2018-10-09/

To this, it must be said AB denies it and says he knows who did it.  I don't know.

I think BadOl's point here, albeit made somewhat discursively, is that we currently have one guy on our team who generates enough off-season smoke from year to year to make one believe there is probably fire in the "scumbag" pit.  He's correct that relatively speaking, AB has been choirboy clean off the field.  What's coming out increasingly is that he's been a "piece of work" in the team facility and on it.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To this, it must be said AB denies it and says he knows who did it.  I don't know.

I think BadOl's point here, albeit made somewhat discursively, is that we currently have one guy on our team who generates enough off-season smoke from year to year to make one believe there is probably fire in the "scumbag" pit.  He's correct that relatively speaking, AB has been choirboy clean off the field.  What's coming out increasingly is that he's been a "piece of work" in the team facility and on it.

Off course he denies it. But the lawsuit and evedince is very real.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, dabills21 said:

Again, I'll be willing to wager anyone and everyone that Pittsburgh doesn't trade him.

AB said the same thing early in the season...few additional reasons to support my comment:

1. ABs contract is not structured in a team friendly trade or release scenario in 2019

2. Steelers understand that they have a short window to compete for super bowl, until Ben retires...and trading arguably the best WR in the NFL...hmmm

3. as talented as Juju is, he's not ready to be the #1 yet.  Steelers know when to move on from players, and JuJus time will come

4. Trading Brown will be another knock to an organization, that will make them look like they can't manage talented/diva players.  This situation is way different than Lbs, but in 2 years time, they aren't going to strip that much talent from a Super bowl contender

I can go on...

I do respect your opinion , but i did read that his hit would be spread over two years . and someone picking up the contract left might be  reasonable considering his skill set ( elite )

who has managed Diva players well?

hence the title : )
we let Dareus go for a much bigger hit.
This affects Tomlin greatly how it is resolved. IMO he has to go.

i do not wager. and it is only my opinion

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steelers are a circus. I know they never fire coaches but Pitt radio guys saying they wouldn’t be surprised if Tomlin is out

heard that as well from some Hard core steelers fans i work with.
If Ben is retiring , you might as well start anew.

can Tomlin Coach O line ?

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When did McCoy go Kareem Hunt on a woman?  I know he poured water or something on her but never put his hands on her.

Throwing a furniture and nearly hitting a TODDLER wouldn't make McCoy's off field highlight?  

Oh please with your miffed outrage........you are taking Shady's word and not AB's word.:doh:

The woman claims that Shady instructed his lackey to strike her in the face,  knocking her down and then she was HELD DOWN and a drink poured on her.

That's not very nice.

Shady admitted to pouring a drink on her(warm and gently applied, I presume) before kicking her off the bus (Anything I can get you, Eddie?").

AB has not admitted to throwing furniture that someone says almost accidentally hit them.  :doh:  The "you almost hit me so you owe me millions" nature of the lawsuit in itself is a stretch.   

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Gotta agree with Hapless--dragooning in his role as a DB coach for Tampa to punctuate your claim is akin to me arguing that Daboll (who, to be fair, I like so far) should never be fired because of his multiple SB rings. Which would be sophistry. 

My bad one SB win and two AFC championships.

Still more SB wins than ANY HC the Bills have ever had.......in Buffalo or elsewhere.

Teams would be clawing each others eyes out to hire him.........hell some teams might FIRE their HC to get him.

People love any WR who has good fantasy stats on their former team. 

Your key offensive weapon was not elected team MVP so leading up to the last game of the season, the spoiled B word throws a football at the QB, stops coming to meetings and practice, then shows up and expects to play.    This is the guy a bunch of people want on this team?   Not to mention his best years are behind him and this team is building for the future.  Someone looks at the guy wrong and he is likely to throw a tantrum, the guy is a bum.