2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Looks like the Bills would have picked 7th with a loss today. 

1. Cards (3-13), SOS 0.8

2. Jets (4-12), SOS -1.7

3. 49ers (4-12), SOS -0.4

4. Oakland (4-12), SOS 1.1

5. Lions (5-11), SOS -0.8

6. Jags (5-11), SOS 0.0

7. Giants (5-11), SOS 0.6

8. Bucs (5-11), SOS 1.9

9. Bills (6-10), SOS 0.5

10. Broncos (6-10), SOS 0.6

11. Bengals (6-10), SOS 1.7

So based on Pro-Football Reference SOS, the Bills cost themselves 2 spots by winning. Would have picked 7th with loss. 

The difference between 7th and 9th is relatively negligible IMO. 

Besides, we just had to win for Kyle today so I am happy with the outcome.

There are not going to be a load of Quarterbacks picked ahead of us pushing talent down. 

This is just not a very good QB draft. I mean the Oklahoma kid is talented but he is about 3 foot 6....  Haskins is extremely raw and if there are teams really willing to pick the West Virginia kid in the top 10 I say good luck to them. They will need it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

There are not going to be a load of Quarterbacks picked ahead of us pushing talent down. 

This is just not a very good QB draft. I mean the Oklahoma kid is talented but he is about 3 foot 6....  Haskins is extremely raw and if there are teams really willing to pick the West Virginia kid in the top 10 I say good luck to them. They will need it. 

I agree but I would venture to guess there will be atleast 2 QBs chosen ahead of us whether they should be or not. You know how teams fall in love when the pads come off in the spring. The combine somehow makes them forget about what they actually did or didnt do their whole college career. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

I agree but I would venture to guess there will be atleast 2 QBs chosen ahead of us whether they should be or not. You know how teams fall in love when the pads come off in the spring. The combine somehow makes them forget about what they actually did or didnt do their whole college career. 

I don't think so. I think Herbert would have gone top 10 if he came out. Without him I doubt any do. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I know it's early in the process, but I do think Haskins goes top ten and I think one other guy depending on things like the senior bowl and combine. Probably Drew Lock. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know it's early in the process, but I do think Haskins goes top ten and I think one other guy depending on things like the senior bowl and combine. Probably Drew Lock. 

See I do like Drew Lock more than most I think.... but I'd be surprised if he was a top 10 player.

I am normally the guy saying "watch out - these QBs will fly up the board" and "the NFL likes these guys much more than people think." You are right that it is still early..... I just don't see it. Haskins is probably the one who wouldn't shock me if he goes top 10. But there is no way that I'd take him there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Experts always seem to rate QB’s low early on the process but they almost always climb the list as the draft gets closer.

As I said above.... I am usually the one sounding this warning. I don't think it happens this year. Some classes are just not good classes. This one falls in that category IMO.

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think 1 or 2 QBs go top 15.  These QBs are better prospects than guys like EJ Manuel.

Just about. I think this class has some Geno - EJ - Glennon about it.

• Like (+1) 2

I went to bed thinking it was 10th and I wake up to find it's 9th.  Last year on this date I was thinking there's no way the Bengals upset the Ravens.  Next year I'm hoping we're debating about how to avoid being rusty on our playoff bye.

My prediction is we talk about OL and WR all offseason only to have them draft a defensive tackle.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I went to bed thinking it was 10th and I wake up to find it's 9th.  Last year on this date I was thinking there's no way the Bengals upset the Ravens.  Next year I'm hoping we're debating about how to avoid being rusty on our playoff bye.

My prediction is we talk about OL and WR all offseason only to have them draft a defensive tackle.

These are the Buffalo Bills we're talking about, it will be a Defensive Back

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I can deff see thag prediction play out breh.

12 hours ago, downunderbill said:

But instead he has a lot of fans screaming for his head.

It's basically wondering if they got #9 on purpose or through incompetence. I'm leaning towards the latter. His FA pickups and trades have been awful so far.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Beane will try Free Agency first, but they need a minimum of three OL replacements (C, G and T .).. Guys like Saffold will be in huge demand..

If he can’t get them all in FA then he better be utilising high draft picks because Allen can’t have the same situation next season as he has had to deal with this year..

I think the OL pickings are slim for FA. The list I saw wasn't great. Probably end up adding the previous worst at their positions again. OL needs to be a draft priority.

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There really is only one QB in the top 9 right now that’s Haskins if he comes out and Gil Brandt says he is..the Jags will go the vet route and see if someone like a Foles comes available... I think most teams stand pat and wait for the stacked 2020 class which included the likes of Tua, Justin Herbert, and Jake Fromm

i can see the jags making a deal with chucky for carr.  marrone knows he needs an established talent to compete in that division. he ain't got the time to develop a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think that if there is an edge rusher that Sean loves in the area, then that is the way it will go on that late April Thursday evening when the network breaks away for a long commercial break.

Anyone know anything about this guy, Zach Allen?  Maybe we start adding more "Allens" to the team, since we are losing a "Williams"?

• Like (+1) 1