2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

13 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Wow!  How exciting!   

I think the Off Season kicks off the first week of March and then the draft in late April.  

Time to get the running game going.  

literally the best thing they could do for Allen is to have a really good ground game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Is there a version where the Raiders take a QB and then trade up for a pass rusher? 

Or, if Josh Allen 2.0 is sitting there at 10, do the packers want him badly enough to give up both? 

Good question.

Currently the Packers have the 12th & 32nd pick, due to the Saints having the best record.

The Raiders have the 4th, 25th & 27th pick. These picks can change due to how the playoffs turnout.

Trading with the Packers may not be as ideal since they are only 2 spots behind us. The Bills would get little in return.

The Raiders on the other hand, would be a great move. If the Raiders want a QB with their top pick then want another highly rated defensive player, they have the draft capital to do it.

The Bills could easily ask for the Raiders remaining top picks in the 20's, then be put in a situation where selecting both an O-Lineman & Wide Receiver would make more sense, value wise.

• Like (+1) 4

We may be picking 10th for now, but let’s see where we pick on draft day.

In the 2 years we’ve had McDermott and Beane, they haven’t picked at their original spot in the 1st (or 2nd?) yet. They seem to like to move around the draft board in the first few rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont think we are going to target a DT  or DE in round 1.  

Star isn't going anywhere. Harry needs and deserves more reps, Phillips has been great and deserves to be back. 

As for DE, yes both Murphy and Hughes are older but still effective and Shaq seems to have taken a step forward. Of the two id say DE is more likely but i still think we go a different direction. 

LB would be a luxury pick. Yes Lorax cant play forever but with Milano and Edmunds the top 2 spots are locked up anyways. 

RB in the first is a bad decision and there is no Saquon,  Gurley etc so it wont happen. 

Allen isn't being replaced obviously. 

Our two safeties are solid so i doubt we go there. 

TE is a huge need but i dont see any worthy of a top ten pick. Maybe on a trade back but i think Allen needs a vet TE not a rookie here. 

Our young DB's have played better but another  possible stud across from Tre would be great. Greedy Williams would be perfect but with the Bucs ahead of us not sure he falls to us. 

That leaves o line and WR. 

Mills is average and could use an upgrade.  The real issue on oline is the middle 3.  All three are well below average and need to be replaced. Teller has potential but needs time. Not quite stsrter material yet. I dont see any top ten G or C like last years Colts pick. Ideally we use some FA money on those three interior spots. 

WR. Foster to me is developing and right now there is nothing wrong with calling him a speedy #3. Zay is inconsistent but has shown some flashes as a possible slot #2. 

We truly lack a stud #1. To me its our biggest need and those guys dont become available at FA time. The issue is are there any potential #1 types near ten? Metcalfe? Maybe. 

So truly i only see a DB, T or more ideally a WR . 

Hakeem Butler is raising my interest.  He dominated the other night, on the national spotlight, knowing he was their initial target.