What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

DK is the Tremaine Edmunds/Josh Allen of this year's draft. Not saying we take him (we could do worse) but the athleticism/demonstrated ability/potential is other worldly. Now that he's cleared medically I wouldn't complain. Not at all. Falcons traded their whole draft for a guy like him.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

DK is the Tremaine Edmunds/Josh Allen of this year's draft. Not saying we take him (we could do worse) but the athleticism is other worldly. Now that he's cleared medically I wouldn't complain. Not at all. 

That’s a really interesting perspective IMO. Massive ceiling

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/27/2018 at 12:35 PM, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

Because DK is a guy that could be the top WR on many teams draft boards with a big combine and clean bill of health.  He’s the one guy that most feel is a top talent, and the only reason he isn’t graded their now is because he had the neck injury.  

I fully expect Metcalf to go first round and he could be first one off the board if he has the combine people are expecting. 

Of course if his combine isn’t as good as people expect then he very well could fall out of the first.  This is a deep WR class, so we really won’t know how the WRs will start falling in place until the combine.  Harry runs fast he will probably lock in top WR prospect for instance.  There are several guys worthy of being first WR taken so combine will be very interesting to see how they start sorting out.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s a really interesting perspective IMO. Massive ceiling

Yeah not saying they take him (if available) but they have shown a penchant for that kind of player. A little raw with things to learn but with absolutely all the tools you could dream of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With my not so trained eye he reminds me a bit of Randy Moss with his long strides and ability to seperate and run past guys.  The only other guy in the draft who eats up coverage and runs past defenders consistantly is Marquis Brown.  Brown is 5'10 175 Metcalf is 6'4 215, That's what makes him so intriguing.  With Allen strengths as a passer an elite deep threat would be high on my offseason wants list.  He runs 4 4 and looks smooth he places himself in consideration at 9.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:24 AM, dave mcbride said:

Even still, the Bills D started from the worst field position (32nd overall) in the league when opposing offenses began their drives. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2018.htm. The offense was terrible at moving the ball for most of the season, they turned it over a lot, and the special teams were terrible too.  That sort of thing dramatically affects point totals. 

Yes. But it also affects yardage totals, which should have been less. And the "defense was on the field too much" excuse doesn't work either. We were middle of the pack in terms of T.O.P. RZ defense; not good. This is why we need to be strongly considering an edge rusher at 9. You need a big time playmaker in the RZ.

The defense is good. If they want to be one of the premier units, they've got to improve the pass rush.

I wouldn't take a chance on any of these receivers in the first round. There's plenty of depth at the position in this draft.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 3