What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

• Haha (+1) 1

“Experts “ often put drafting for need first.  It makes them look like they know what they’re doing by simply penciling in a team’s greatest deficiency in the first round. Who would argue ? That’s fine for casual NFL fans , but more educated fans know that putting need above all else in round one is a sign of a bad GM. The DL is a draft strength and while the Bills D is their stronger side, Sunday’s debacle vs NEs ground game exposed their D line. It will depend on the exact draft spot, but the Bills should pick a defensive player with their first selection in April. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

The reason that he is there is that he is the highest ceiling guy. Metcalf CAN be a number 1. You have him at 5th best but most other outlets have him as the 1st one off the board. It will depend on how he heals and tests but it’s not crazy. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

“Experts “ often put drafting for need first.  It makes them look like they know what they’re doing by simply penciling in a team’s greatest deficiency in the first round. Who would argue ? That’s fine for casual NFL fans , but more educated fans know that putting need above all else in round one is a sign of a bad GM. The DL is a draft strength and while the Bills D is their stronger side, Sunday’s debacle vs NEs ground game exposed their D line. It will depend on the exact draft spot, but the Bills should pick a defensive player with their first selection in April. 

I'd love them to and I think are coach and gm does as well..but I think they go offense because they don't want the media make them the laughingstock one more time. Plus jobs on the line

1 minute ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

I'd love them to and I think are coach and gm does as well..but I think they go offense because they don't want the media make them the laughingstock one more time. Plus jobs on the line

If the GM and the Coach are thinking of placating the media when making their selection they should both be fired. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

I think because he is a guy you could possibly target in the 2nd round......while taking a guy like Jonah in the 1st.

This OL needs a lot of help

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

I think if you look at who we have drafted high it would tell you that our front office likes to swing for the fences with high upside guys that have potential to be top 3 at their position. If they have the athletic tools they believe they can coach'em up.

D.K. Metcalf appears to have the tools.

Looking at Robert Foster it appears they ate right they can.  Saban couldnt get the guy to play to potential but our coaches seem to be doing it.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think because he is a guy you could possibly target in the 2nd round......while taking a guy like Jonah in the 1st.

This OL needs a lot of help

True but free agency will dictate what we draft second to BPA.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The reason that he is there is that he is the highest ceiling guy. Metcalf CAN be a number 1. You have him at 5th best but most other outlets have him as the 1st one off the board. It will depend on how he heals and tests but it’s not crazy. 

Does he have constant foot injuries?

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Considering FA is a full 2 months before the draft too... We don't really know what the needs are.

I really like N’Keal Harry out of Arizona State. He is a junior coming out and just turned 21. He has been their main weapon all three years. 

DK has had Brown and Lodge drawing coverage away from him while Harry has been double teamed his whole college career. He just looks like a man among boys. He is one of those receivers who is open even when he’s not. He also has great run after catch abilities to go along with really good hands.

He really seems to love the game and is a high quality guy off the field. I haven’t really heard any people talking about him in regards to the Bills but he would be at the top of my board at the receiver position.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It exposed one de and our linebacking core. Not our defensive line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

It exposed one de and our linebacking core. Not our defensive line.

Still showed an upgrade on the DL would be welcome. It’s not an elite unit and KW is getting old. Some  elite talent in this draft on the DL so if the slot is right you take it. 

13 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Considering FA is a full 2 months before the draft too... We don't really know what the needs are.

Granted, which is why these early mock drafts are even more ridiculous. The FA WR crop looks underwhelming at this point, so the writer was likely projecting a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lets see what happens when the injury reports start coming out.....

Personally I am a Deebo Samuel guy in the 2nd round anyway

I like Deebo for this team too.

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Does he have constant foot injuries?

Worse, it’s a neck injury

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Still showed an upgrade on the DL would be welcome. It’s not an elite unit and KW is getting old. Some  elite talent in this draft on the DL so if the slot is right you take it. 

Granted, which is why these early mock drafts are even more ridiculous. The FA WR crop looks underwhelming at this point, so the writer was likely projecting a bit. 

A rookie defensive linemen will do nothing for this team until our linebacking core is capable of holding their own. Looking from the perspective of the last game if we had any wrs to catch the ball at all we are still in the game. A rookie defensive linemen even if it was Aaron Donald wouldnt have stopped the patriots from the running the ball down our throats because he isnt filling the three gaps the linebackers are supposed to. So while i agree we need a replacement for kyle in the last game a wr that can catch would have had a bigger impact.

Edited by Bill_with_it