What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

1 hour ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

What's the best sites to look at ? Send me some good sites I'm bored thu out the day lol for mock drafts and if possible fa targets..thanks

As far as free sites go, I think The Draft Network is really good for getting a feel for prospects. WalterFootball & Bleacher Report are honestly fine. WalterFootball gets a bad rap because the guy that founded the website is scum and some of their articles are just kinda stupid, but Charlie Campbell does most of the heavy lifting there at this point and he's actually well-connected. His NFL Hot Press articles in particular are something that you don't really get anywhere else. Matt Miller from Bleacher Report is good IMO. I don't always agree with his takes on prospects, but he provides more depth than most. This early in the draft process, there really isn't much content; you'll get the occasional article from Kiper/McShay or the guys at NFL.com, but for the most part, you're already looking at the best that we can get until we get into like the NFL Combine and draft workouts.

One other recommendation would be DraftAnalyst.com aka Tony Pauline. I especially found his articles to be a good read once we get into Pro Days; he reports on which teams are attending which pro days, which prospects they're spending time with, etc. At this point in the season, the value that he provides is updating us on some under-the-radar prospects and some prospects that seem to be slipping in recent weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's 6'4, 230, runs a 4.4, has elite separation skills and big play ability. It's not that hard to figure out. 

I like Metcalf, Harmon, Ridley, Butler and Brown a lot

You never root for a loss, but imagine losing to Miami, drafting around 6, and possibly being able to move back in the 1st while gaining another 2nd Round Pick and the ability to take 2 of those guys...

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the GM and the Coach are thinking of placating the media when making their selection they should both be fired. 

true. But they REALLY should go offense if there's any non QB BPA anyway. Sounds like the media would be right in that situation lol.

What the GM and Coach need to be asking themselves is "who the hell is Mel Kiper?!".. but draft better than Bill Tobin did.. since Kiper was probably right in that instance.

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want a combination of WR/RB in rounds 1 and 2. I realize an early RB is the thing that will probably upset most Bills fans most,but we really need a guy. It has to be a guy that can be an every down back and I’d assume more often then not, you need to get that guy early.

getchaself the best FA to hit the market in years. Fresh 27 year old Le'Veon Bell. Get a Karlos Williams type in the 5th.

18 hours ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

What's the best sites to look at ? Send me some good sites I'm bored thu out the day lol for mock drafts and if possible fa targets..thanks

I don't go on many sites i more or less look at individuals who have knowledge and don';t tend to go way off the board for need because that's not how the draft usually works. I like Chris Burke of Draftsite.com, not sure if he's still there, Rob Rang of CBS sports is usually decent, Mike Mayock is one of the best in the business at breaking down players and the old reliables for me are still Kiper/Mcshay duo, there are also some good knowledgeable people on youtube. I don't base who I like on who they get right for which team, that's just ridiculous, if they could all read into the future and pick every correct player to their repective teams before it even happens then they'd be burned at the stake for being witches. I just like people who understand how the draft works, there are teams who draft on need and reach but for the most part all the players leading up to the draft are all ranked fairly close to what we all see on the mock draft boards, there should be most likely 7 of the 10 top 1st round picks should all be defensive players with maybe an OT,  QB possibly another OT thrown in there but for the most part this is a defensive top heavy draft in 2019. Some real good sites for free agents are traderumors.com (do the full list not the top 25 players), spotrac is always fun since you can create your own roster, just my opinions.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, billspro said:

Dude has Randy Moss type athletic ability. Without the injuries he probably goes top 5. It would be a shock if he went round 2.

Right now I’m hoping for Metcalf round 1 and Cajuste round two

This is so true. He’s explosive, fast and has the ability to reach his long arm out while running deep without breaking stride. It’s beautiful! He may not be he most complete receiver but he’s absolutely perfect for Josh. A big time deep threat who can track in passes that are off target 

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/27/2018 at 3:42 PM, Boatdrinks said:

“Experts “ often put drafting for need first.  It makes them look like they know what they’re doing by simply penciling in a team’s greatest deficiency in the first round. Who would argue ? That’s fine for casual NFL fans , but more educated fans know that putting need above all else in round one is a sign of a bad GM. The DL is a draft strength and while the Bills D is their stronger side, Sunday’s debacle vs NEs ground game exposed their D line. It will depend on the exact draft spot, but the Bills should pick a defensive player with their first selection in April. 

Drafting BPA = myth

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

because mock drafts are dumb. and mock drafts in december are really dumb.

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Drafting BPA = myth

Probably true. Everything doesn’t fit into a neat little box, so BPA is probably an oversimplification. Therefore, it’s not a term that I used anywhere in my post. The good news is, the Bills are bad /thin in many areas so it’s likely there will be an elite talent at a position of need available to them at their draft slot. No need to reach for a WR in round one. Maybe a trade down materializes ? Too many unknowns at this point. It doesn’t look like there’s a magic elixir for the Bills WR woes in the top ten of this draft, no matter how bad fans want it to be. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Personally I have become a bit enamored with DK potentially being a Bill the more I watch film and read about him.

There is no way that he's as fast as Randy Moss but he's very, very fast especially considering his size and build.

I think that we could probably trade down and get him depending on what his neck injury is like and what his combine numbers are.  Personally I think he will have a Calvin Johnson like combine.  He's raw but if he can clean up some of the little things I honestly think that he could be a bigger Julio Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

Metcalf, N’Keal Harry and Hakeem Butler are all big fast talented receivers. I will bet that we end up with one of them. At this point, I’m not sure who I would prefer but they all look great. I just hope we don’t get the diva. If I had to guess, I’d say we get Butler in the second round. 

Forget about the measurables for a second Metcalf gets separation and wins at that line. He’s very raw but I don’t think Beane is put off by projects. 

Allen, Edmunds and Metcalf have a lot in common in that regard.

EDIT: Not to mention Bills scouts were at 3 of Metcalf’s games 

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/27/2018 at 5:38 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...anybody think McBeane would pull this trigger in the top 10 or does he trade down and look for an extra 2nd, targeting someone else?.....the "WR in the 1st ghost of Whaley past" is lurking for some to pounce on if McBeane follows suit......despite a new era..................

He isn't drafting a receiver in the top ten. He will not draft for need and reach. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

There will be a few wrs drafted in the first rd.  I think with certain qualifiers met Brown will go high.  Tyreek Hill will allow a team to go Brown if he is sub 4.4.  Metcalf seems to have sneak speed and looks super fluid.  Either will be in consideration. 

I like the tight end prospects in this class, perhaps a round 2 option.  I doubt we pull the trigger on a first round receiver unless we are able to trade back.  Way too early to work out the scenarios of who we will likely pick in the first round.  We have plenty of needs and even needs at the positions of strength in the draft.  Many players will rise in the next several months to go into the top ten.  It happens every year.