Again in 5 minutes of a game I see catches no Bills have made this year

Billsfan1972

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Exactly!  Touch!  Besides having a cannon, watch the touch Mahomes has.  I remember watching JP throw a 60 yard pass like nothing, and then bounce a 5 yard screen pass.  I remember EJ rolling out and throwing a 80 yard bomb to Mike Williams with ease and then throw lawn darts to guys 10 yards away.  

Allen has every tool.  But his touch passing is really, really bad and that’s what great qb have.  He is a like a major league pitcher who throws a 100, but has no other pitches and struggles with control. 

An area in which he certainly needs to improve; however, this is bit of an exaggeration...

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question:  at what point can you say Allen (49% at Juco, 56% at Wyoming, 51.7% nfl) struggles with accuracy?  

His receivers suck but this has been the story of his career.

Let's see what happens when you surround Allen with competent offensive players. He won't be running a WCO, so higher risk passes and fewer "long hand-offs" will always result in somewhat lower completion percentage. I don't judge franchise qb by completion percentage alone, but by how effectively they lead a team. I expect Allen's completion percentage will improve when the abundance of missed opportunities become a reasonable amount of catches. But I'm not seeing significant inaccuracy now (I already explained why not and you reiterated Juco, Wyoming, and rookie season), so I don't expect to see Allen get worse with better players around him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Im getting the feeling you didn’t like the Allen pick.  Am I right?

Haha, am I not making it clear?

i try to be consistent.  I never got the Allen hype going into the draft.  Guys like him rarely work out. I prayed for the Jets or Browns to draft him (I wonder how Allen would be talked about if he was on another team here).  

The guy has all the tools and seems like a great dude. I have zero questions about his work ethic.  But is it too much to ask for a guy to have better rookie year than EJ Manuel?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Even the second pick, while it WAS a bad pass, you'd expect most NFL caliber receivers to come back to the ball, and at least TRY to prevent the INT. Much like 50/50 ball, no guarantees but what about an actual attempt? There was the perfect long pass in the sun, all kinds of drops, it just goes on and on. They really are bad. Really bad.

And the OLine can't run block to save their lives, though the pass blocking has become average, which is an improvement. And as much as overall I think the personal (roster) choices have been decent by McD and Beane, Star is so overpaid. When the Bills Dline get pushed around like yesterday, where's the return for his fat contract? As bad a decision as Dareus. Patriots have beaten the Bills many different ways, but I don't recall them just ramming the ball down like that.

We all thought the defense was good enough to focus 80% of next year FA and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball. But if they cant stop the run, and not the first time that's happened, then what? I've been vocal in my excitement that with the cap space, add a few good OLinemen and WRs through FA and the draft, and overnight the Bills could be an offensive powerhouse. But I supposed the D would provide some good numbers too. They were parts of the blowouts and certainly of yesterday's loss.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Let's see what happens when you surround Allen with competent offensive players. He won't be running a WCO, so higher risk passes and fewer "long hand-offs" will always result in somewhat lower completion percentage. I don't judge franchise qb by completion percentage alone, but by how effectively they lead a team. I expect Allen's completion percentage will improve when the abundance of missed opportunities become a reasonable amount of catches. But I'm not seeing significant inaccuracy now (I already explained why not and you reiterated Juco, Wyoming, and rookie season), so I don't expect to see Allen get worse with better players around him.

One, I respect your defenses of Allen and I want you to be right.  But isn’t the flip side, who was playing against?  Shouldn’t a top 10 pick dominate in a lower conference?  Mahomes was dominate in his last year in college. So was Watson. So was Jackson. So was Mayfield. Josh Allen has 2 career 300 yard games.

i feel like Allen is one of those high school basketball players who get drafted to the nba.  It’s all on potential.  And as I’ve said, if you had Teid or McVay, I’d be good with it.  But to blindly trust Daboll and SM to develop a guy like this terrifies me.  

What is a 50/50 ball?  One that should be caught 50% of the time.  Great receivers win 70% of those battles.  I doubt the Bills have won 5%.

As stated I'm not watching highlight packages, I'm flipping channels and see catches that no Bill is capable (or has made) of.

Yep wasn't an easy catch for Thomas, but one we see made in the NFL (outside Buffalo).  

Foster is a nice find, but stop calling him a potential #1 as he has a long was to go.

Adjusting to the ball once would be nice (the Foster play yesterday was an example of a player who saw the ball vs. a CB who didn't and couldn't adjust).  Oh yea & Clay vs. Miami.  Zay did vs. Miami, but as per the Bills, bobbled it and trapped it on the ground.

Allen tried a touch pass and that resulted in the first INT (and maybe the second too). 

However though a garbage time TD, it was one nevertheless and we know Belichek was not easing up (he never does).  A great TD play to Zay.

Allen is a rookie and has a lot to learn, but without a single receiver tough to watch.

Use the cap space and sign Tate, who is a tough receiver who knows how to get open.  However here we'll read that the Bills paid too much and should have spent the money on the line or defence.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

One, I respect your defenses of Allen and I want you to be right.  But isn’t the flip side, who was playing against?  Shouldn’t a top 10 pick dominate in a lower conference?  Mahomes was dominate in his last year in college. So was Watson. So was Jackson. So was Mayfield. Josh Allen has 2 career 300 yard games.

i feel like Allen is one of those high school basketball players who get drafted to the nba.  It’s all on potential.  And as I’ve said, if you had Teid or McVay, I’d be good with it.  But to blindly trust Daboll and SM to develop a guy like this terrifies me.  

Allen had a few decent players on his 2016 team. 2017 Wyoming team was very similar to his rookie Buffalo Bills' experience. He was asked to carry the team with very little support around him. Without him, Wyoming was a bad college team. With him, they won games. Imo, you're too driven by stats which I'm sure you are aware can be misleading outside of context. In any event, it will be much more clear what we have in Allen next year, presuming the front office makes at least decent use of draft and free agency to upgrade the woeful talent on offense. (I am agnostic on Daboll. I am still an arrow up fella on Allen.)

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Use the cap space and sign Tate, who is a tough receiver who knows how to get open.  However here we'll read that the Bills paid too much and should have spent the money on the line or defence.

Tate and DK Metcalf would be nice additions to WR corps.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What is a 50/50 ball?  One that should be caught 50% of the time.  Great receivers win 70% of those battles.  I doubt the Bills have won 5%.

As stated I'm not watching highlight packages, I'm flipping channels and see catches that no Bill is capable (or has made).

Yep wasn't an easy catch for Thomas, but one we see made in the NFL (outside Buffalo).  

Foster is a nice find, but stop calling him a potential #1 as he has a long was to go.

Adjusting to the ball once would be nice (the Foster play yesterday was an example of a player who saw the ball vs. a CB who didn't and couldn't adjust).  Oh yea & Clay vs. Miami.  Zay did vs. Miami, but as per the Bills, bobbled it and trapped it on the ground.

Allen tried a touch pass and that resulted in the first INT (and maybe the second too). 

However though a garbage time TD, it was one nevertheless and we know Belichek was not easing up (he never does).  A great TD play to Zay.

Allen is a rookie and has a lot to learn, but without a single receiver tough to watch.

The Pats eased up in the second quarter 

the first Allen  pass over the middle for good yards was a total sign the Pats eased up

when you said to yourself “FINALLY!!!!! Where was that the first few series”

thats a prevent D giving up yardage like that gladly

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know it is old and tired, but it is almost surreal.

I watched 3 minutes of the KC/Seattle game and watch A great TD reception by KC & then Lockett and Baldwin make 2 catches on the clinching drive that no Bills made all season.

All I ask is for the proverbial 50/50 ball to be caught, a leaping reception, a catch on what is not a perfect pass, an adjustment made and making that hard cut to the ball.

I am just beside myself.

I did see 1 on Sunday but it was Poyer catching an interception...he reached out  for it..was a nice catch

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Pats eased up in the second quarter 

the first Allen  pass over the middle for good yards was a total sign the Pats eased up

when you said to yourself “FINALLY!!!!! Where was that the first few series”

thats a prevent D giving up yardage like that gladly

Ridiculous

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jackson looked HORRIBLE in his last bowl game against an SEC team where half his OL was hurt.  His Heisman year, they had legit talent around him. 

Watson had high 4 / 5* star talent all over the place at Clemson. Same with Mayfield.  

Mahomes played in the air raid Big XII.  I’m a Syracuse fan. We run that offense.  Eric Dungey throws for 300+ per game but he’s not an NFL QB.  

Regardless, those guys are all good/great NFL QBs.   Just pointing out the difference between Allen/Wyoming and those dudes situations. 

As for Allen, I believe he needs to get better at taking easy yards and develop more touch/accuracy in the short passing game.  That being said, I honestly struggle to see how anyone who actually watches our games, isn’t excited to see Allen with more talent around him next year.  

You don’t have to be sold on him being elite, but the guy has improved a lot in a year where most said he should sit and learn due to being the most raw QB in this draft and he’s flashed some serious ability while consistently having to pick up, after being let down by, his offense.  

Edited by SCBills

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm not sure man, there are cracks starting to form in that Rams team. Like some have said in the Twitterverse, when the game stops going the way the Rams want it, things have a tendency to fall apart. Also Goff is really regressing. 

22 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

I did see 1 on Sunday but it was Poyer catching an interception...he reached out  for it..was a nice catch

lol yep.  And don’t forget the Alexander pick.  Both interceptions were better than any grabs our Wide Receivers made yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

How do you know what “process” receivers are? We have barely invested anything on Offense, outside of getting our QB, since McBeane got here (on purpose).  

Also, these receivers aren’t even small.  Foster and Zay are both 6’2.  McKenzie is small but was a mid season pickup who will be a 4/5 WR next year if we bring him back.  

Thank you. That comment was dumb asf.

Ill take the WRs from this year over last year wit benjamin and jmatt and drop zone jones

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

lol yep.  And don’t forget the Alexander pick.  Both interceptions were better than any grabs our Wide Receivers made yesterday.

These sre also facts.

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, am I not making it clear?

i try to be consistent.  I never got the Allen hype going into the draft.  Guys like him rarely work out. I prayed for the Jets or Browns to draft him (I wonder how Allen would be talked about if he was on another team here).  

The guy has all the tools and seems like a great dude. I have zero questions about his work ethic.  But is it too much to ask for a guy to have better rookie year than EJ Manuel?  

Do you really think that any of EJ's NFL games even came close to Allen's best games that we've seen?   Do you not see Allen's game improving week over week? I do, but sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back.  Personally, I wasn't big on the Allen pick at first, but I've seen flashes from this kid that I NEVER saw out of EJ Manuel, and that changed my mind, and he's making a lot of progress imho.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you really think that any of EJ's NFL games even came close to Allen's best games that we've seen?   Do you not see Allen's game improving week over week? I do, but sometimes it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back.  Personally, I wasn't big on the Allen pick at first, but I've seen flashes from this kid that I NEVER saw out of EJ Manuel, and that changed my mind, and he's making a lot of progress imho.  

If you don't see the difference between EJ Manuel and Josh Allen, then you don't want to see it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right ?Prevent defense in the second quarter, lol.....Unless its 35-0 that doesn’t happen in the NFL. 

The mere thought of a Bill Belichick coached team (which, BTW, was sending blitz packages with less than 2 minutes left in the game) "easing up" in the second quarter of a game up 7-0 or 14-0 is beyond ridiculous.