Is Sean McDermott your coach?

Is Sean McDermott your coach?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sean McDermott your coach?

• Too early to tell, give him another year
    • Yes, he's my coach, lock him up
    • No, fire him after the season
    • No, fire him RIGHT ***** NOW! (and then hang up)
    • Other ('splain below Luthy)

37 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

McD lost me completely today.  Did not have the team ready to play.  Unable to stop the jet sweep which gashed them for over 100 yards today.  Offensive game plan designed to put the team on Josh's back.  I've had enough of Bills coaches who can't hold a candle to Belicheat.  FIRE HIM RIGHT F'ING NOW!  (and then hang up)

Lmao.  Terrible hot take.  He’s working with scrubs on offense.  

The thing that should bother Bills fans is the Clueless front office....   Bean and McStupid don't have a clue....    Lets swap out punters when you have a bunch of crap at WR, lets start the season with a rookie and a 2nd year QB, Lets not address the offense AT ALL last off season, This team is so far away it's not funny...  No pass Ruch (except Hughes), can't stop the run. Thin on Defense, and the offense is a total mess..  NO WR, NO TE, NO o-line....   NO RB. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll give McDufus 1 more year but if we don't make the playoffs in 2019, he's gone. He's making way too many bad decisions. How can you justify with a straight face keeping Peterman,  Crossman and Castillo for so long. Robiskie has no clue how to teach these clowns how to catch a football.  We have the worst TE's in the NFL. Our olineman can't run block. And is our D really as good as the numbers say? Right now Allen is the only promising thing on this team.

I don’t see how anything gets better with this guy as HC. The things he are in control of are seriously lacking IMO. He ended the drought so he’s probably got a blank check of chances. I just don’t see how it gets better. We need a modern mind to run this team. The sad part is, if you are an old school defensive mind...you would think we would at least be physical. We can’t run and we are blown completely off the ball on both sides of the ball. It’s senseless.

• Like (+1) 1

You expect these guys to go all out in a meaningless game? They’re not trying to save his job, not in the playoff hunt.. And they have inexperienced players trying to lockdown jobs for next year. They are not starting caliber but players thrust into starting jobs playing meaningful snaps in a nfl game. They do not have the talent to compete. 

This is one of those games you can easily say a play made here and there changes the entire outcome. People are acting like the bills were never in the game. They had a million chances to make the plays and be in or even win this game. Run defense sucked and the offense could not make any plays even though Allen put them in position to make them. What more do you want? 

If they add quality talent at skill position (see the rams offense for example)  and this team still sucks then yeah revisit this topic and fire the guy. This season is growth and development. Can’t judge the coach and his decisions with such a talentless offense. 

They are not filling ALL the holes this offseason, however at this time next year we will have some answers if josh is 100% the future, and if McDermott is sticking around. 

He’s the coach, this year and next so like it or lump it.. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know it's human nature to have these knee jerk reactions, but the fact of the matter is next season is make or break for McDermott and in some ways, Allen. 

They have all the resources to upgrade both sides of the ball. If there isn't marked improvement from McDermott AND Allen, it's time to start looking elsewhere.

Making declarations one way or another is fine for a message board. That's kind of what we do. It is however, an exercise in futility. Was not impressed with McDerott or Allen today but also didn't expect to beat the Patriots.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hot?

The seat should be pulled out from under him if they don't vastly improve.

He will inevitably get another year, but there is absolutely nothing impressive about Sean McDermott. He's a mediocre HC to this point who is way too conservative. He is Todd Bowles esque.

I’m expecting more of the same next year. I think what we’ve seen is what we are going to get from McD. If Allen doesn’t take major steps forward then I can’t imagine him getting a 4th year.

Of course he's my coach what are you people talking about. 

You don't judge any Coach after week 12 everybody knows that that's when tanking season starts of course they're not going to tell you to your face though another thing

The man's made nothing out of something special on offense and defense this year we have zero Talent I repeat 0 besides Allen and a few others and that's the truth but he did something with it that's my point

We finally got a good coach and watch what he does next year.

I know what a good coach feels like and taste like and let me tell you he is one damn good coach

You never judge anyone on one game

10 minutes ago, stryker5673 said:

You're out of your mind if you want Frazier gone. He's been the only decent assistant out of those three. 

No he hasn’t. We are way to soft on defense. Every physical team blows us off the ball. We don’t fit run gaps. We don’t blitz enough and we don’t ever get stops in big spots. Numbers are skewed because a hand full of games were over at halftime and they called off the dogs. Fraiser is a problem and you have to look closer then numbers to see it. This defense is incredibly overrated and the identity is way to soft. We have excellent players on defense and should be even better then we are. This scheme is to soft and physical teams expose it constantly. The only reason this defense is near the top in yards, is because we have been blown out several times and the players themselves are very talented. We have the players on defense. We should be better then we are. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Of course he's my coach what are you people talking about. 

You don't judge any Coach after week 12 everybody knows that that's when tanking season starts of course they're not going to tell you to your face though another thing

The man's made nothing out of something special on offense and defense this year we have zero Talent I repeat 0 besides Allen and a few others and that's the truth but he did something with it that's my point

We finally got a good coach and watch what he does next year.

I know what a good coach feels like and taste like and let me tell you he is one damn good coach

You never judge anyone on one game

Another thing this is all in the plan from the beginning remember they had a plan and they are sticking with it

I wonder If I will live long enough to see this franchise hire a head coach who can have a winning performance and beat the Patriots to take the division. 

The Patriots just beat their B word as usual to win an NFL record 10 straight division titles! 

The Buffalo Bills new owners hire a new HC and he regresses in the second season Rex Ryan from 8-8 to 7-8 fired after that 8th loss. Sean McDermott 9-7 to what? 5-11? 6-10. Unacceptable in my view as this team had a good enough defense and simply kept asking a rookie QB to carry the offense with a bad line, bad receiver corps. Not a recipe for success.

This current head coach has a load of bums on his staff, Crossman, Castillo and Daboll stinks too. 

Make Bruce Arians, Jim Harbaugh an offer they can't refuse. Or go after John Harbaugh

• Like (+1) 4

Today was a classic example of a total mismatch in coaching.  Dont get confused.....the Pats personnel is not good.  Their defense stinks and the offense was running a pop Warner like offense.  It was nothing but runs, WR flank runs and outlet passes to the RBs.  The Patriots ran the same WR flank run 6 times and the Bills got burned every single time.  The DE that's responsible for setting the edge on that play was lost all 6 times.  They had Lorenzo Alexander covering Edelman countless times, which defines stupidity.  

The offense was lost.  Allen was seeing ghosts all game.  He looked like a deer in headlights, and was staring down his primary read all game.....this game was just an all around beatdown by a coaching staff that runs circles around the Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

Today was a classic example of a total mismatch in coaching.  Dont get confused.....the Pats personnel is not good.  Their defense stinks and the offense was running a pop Warner like offense.  It was nothing but runs, WR flank runs and outlet passes to the RBs.  The Patriots ran the same WR flank run 6 times and the Bills got burned every single time.  The DE that's responsible for setting the edge on that play was lost all 6 times.  They had Lorenzo Alexander covering Edelman countless times, which defines stupidity.  

The offense was lost.  Allen was seeing ghosts all game.  He looked like a deer in headlights, and was staring down his primary read all game.....this game was just an all around beatdown by a coaching staff that runs circles around the Bills

Asking Josh Allen to throw 41 times in that game was ridiculous vs 7 carries for Ford who averaged a 4.7 YPC. The Bills ran the ball only 18 times vs the 47 attempts by NE. 

It was a clear case of a set of coaches being out coached by better coaches.

No rookie QB has even had great success in NE the last decade so why ask the rookie to throw all game long. And if that isn't bad enough the Bills OC doesn't ask Allen to throw a 6 yard out when he needs 5 yards for a first down. Instead he keeps calling mid to deep passes looking for that big play with a bad line, bad receiver corps.