Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game; Returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended List Indefinitely

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game; Facing an Indefinite Suspension

It is a very good sign when someone can recognize they are having issues and address them before they turn into something big.  Realizing you need help / time away or whatever and then seeking that help is something many with mental health issues don't / cannot do.  Good for him that he has his priorities right it seems.  Personally, I wish him well.

And some of you posters are, quite simply, heartless.

Edit - well, now that it is being reported he is in line for suspension I guess I can take most of this back.  Although I still wish him well and hope he can get his life back on track with proper treatment.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

good for him to recognize these things..i think .  Long life in front of this guy, football is a blip. 

life isn't going to be long for him if he can't straiten out.  it's tragic, and I can't help but wonder if he had gotten some mental health help earlier in his life if this all couldnt have been avoided

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

It is a very good sign when someone can recognize they are having issues and address them before they turn into something big.  Realizing you need help / time away or whatever and then seeking that help is something many with mental health issues don't / cannot do.  Good for him that he has his priorities right it seems.  Personally, I wish him well.

This didn’t seem to age well.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm trying to be fair here to him but it's really hard not to think he failed a test...

He smokes pot and is using mental health as an excuse. One of the reasons people struggle recognizing mental health as a legit issue is the guys like this who will use it as a crutch. 

• Like (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I appreciate where you're coming from and the overall sentiments in your post. Normally would agree 110% in fact. However, you can't help but question the timing/motivation of this announcement/voluntary pullback by JG, given Blitz's inclusion of this: ...is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. That said, I truly hope from a human standpoint, that this becomes a turning point in this young man's life and he can pull it together. Because he has to want it, for himself, and not go through the motions of something that won't stick if he was forced into it in the first place. Good luck to him.   

• Like (+1) 1