Foster, McKenzie and Jones

RPbillsfan

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

I believe this is a nice start to our receiving Corp.  We have Foster as the deep threat to take the top of the defense, McKenzie is out slot guy and gadget guy, Jones needs to improve to make an impact on the 2019 roster.  To me, I would add a large catch radius guy like Tyrell Williams to make it a solid group.  In this way we could use our 1st round pick at an area of greater need.

Looking for your feedback.

Tyrell Williams... No

49 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Zay Jones is starting to remind me waaaaaaay too much of Josh Reed, and not in a good way. I really like the kid, but he's got to start catching the football.

Yeah, Reed almost worked his way off the team in his first couple of years because of drops, after winning the Belinikoff in college. 

• Like (+1) 1

I still see some people talking about Foster having to compete and Jones fighting for his roster spot.

Foster will be on the field for almost every offensive snap next season and The Bills are pleased with Zays progress even if some fans are not.  

That all being said if the opportunity to upgrade the number 1 WR comes up and it makes sense as a fit they will do it.  The primary focus this off-season will be on the Oline.  I actually believe they will draft a WR for competition and depth but Foster seems to be developing into the complete package.  He isnt just running deep as some posters seem to think.  Hes actually running some complex routes.  He isnt just a run as fast as you can and get behind the D guy.  It would be great to have 2 #1s though.

Nice start to an awful receiving corps. Foster has shown he deserves another year, the other two are a 4th receiver in a good corps. 

McKenzie can bring value with ST. Zay is useless. What a horrible pick. He's not athletic and he cant catch. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the Ray ray McCloud pick in hindsight. 

This team drafted a short and slow receiver. Short and slow is useless. They do an amazing job in some areas, like DB's. But for as good as they are at evaluating and coaching up DB's, which I think they've shown they're top level at. They are as equally bad in terms of evaluating WR's. I mean just God awful.

12 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Nice start to an awful receiving corps. Foster has shown he deserves another year, the other two are a 4th receiver in a good corps. 

McKenzie can bring value with ST. Zay is useless. What a horrible pick. He's not athletic and he cant catch. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by the Ray ray McCloud pick in hindsight. 

This team drafted a short and slow receiver. Short and slow is useless. They do an amazing job in some areas, like DB's. But for as good as they are at evaluating and coaching up DB's, which I think they've shown they're top level at. They are as equally bad in terms of evaluating WR's. I mean just God awful.

McKenzie is showing far more then st ability

guy reminds me a lot of roscoe Parrish minus the injury prone 

and if foster keeps this up he is showing far more then deserves another year

• Like (+1) 2

If Foster is basically a number one and Zay and Mckenzie are developing nicely and have roster spots all locked up next year, then why is Allen taking so long back there to find guys, complete so few passes, and only score 14 points? We can't have it both ways so which is it? 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, VW82 said:

If Foster is basically a number one and Zay and Mckenzie are developing nicely and have roster spots all locked up next year, then why is Allen taking so long back there to find guys, complete so few passes, and only score 14 points? We can't have it both ways so which is it? 

Foster is getting better every week.  McKenzie too.  Don't forget he was carted off and came back 15 minutes later.  Zay needs to get more consistent 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree Foster is showing more than just deserves another year. I'm just not sure if he keeps it up. He's playing great. So that's why I just said deserves another year. He's on the team no matter what in my opinion. That's a lot for a UDFA in a second year. I mean what more does he deserve or do you expect than that? A 5 year contract?

McKenzie I like. But idk how sustainable his usage is. I think Roscoe was better.

7 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

yep, Tate or Williams would be a nice add and a Rnd 1 or Rnd 2 draft pick to try to find a 'do it all WR' like AJ Green.s him time to develop.   We and ol take a

Whoever we draft at wr, I hope this board gives him couple of yeas to develop. It normally takes two seasons at wr and ol to truly see what we have.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Zay, Foster and McKenzie should be carryover going into 2019. There's probably room for 3 more guys realistically. 

11 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I believe this is a nice start to our receiving Corp.  We have Foster as the deep threat to take the top of the defense, McKenzie is out slot guy and gadget guy, Jones needs to improve to make an impact on the 2019 roster.  To me, I would add a large catch radius guy like Tyrell Williams to make it a solid group.  In this way we could use our 1st round pick at an area of greater need.

Looking for your feedback.

Not a fan of Jones...he seems like a #4 through #6 receiver imo...he will need to be upgraded on the outside.

10 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I thought this was gonna be the setup to a joke about them walking into a bar.

I'm starting to sour on Jones, Foster is improving every week, and McKenzie looks like he'll stick as well.

Jones has been inconsistent.  He's been strong some weeks and had a lot of drops on other weeks.  I think he probably sticks around for another season to see if he can get that straightened out.  He does a lot of good things, if he can only hang on to the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Yeah, Reed almost worked his way off the team in his first couple of years because of drops, after winning the Belinikoff in college. 

Yes! I had almost forgotten about Josh Reed. Great analogy with Zay. I knew he reminded me of someone.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree Foster is showing more than just deserves another year. I'm just not sure if he keeps it up. He's playing great. So that's why I just said deserves another year. He's on the team no matter what in my opinion. That's a lot for a UDFA in a second year. I mean what more does he deserve or do you expect than that? A 5 year contract?

McKenzie I like. But idk how sustainable his usage is. I think Roscoe was better.

Ok I think I get what you are saying here no I would not throw big money at them just yet

Zay is pretty useless beyond 20 yards.  Doesnt track the ball and doesnt have good body control.  On a team that is a vertical passing team that doesnt bode well going forward.  McKenzie is a good 4 or 5th wr with st ability and developing slot wr.  Foster looks like our best wr at the moment.  His speed makes a difference and is consistently getting seperation.  

Thanks for the post.

I feel that Zay Jones is and always has been a slot receiver. The Bills have been doing Zay and themselves a disservice by playing him outside most of the time for two seasons. Once he moves to his natural slot position full time, I believe he is capable of a Cooper Kupp-like role in the Bills' offense as a possession receiver, move-the-chains guy. We saw just recently in his two touchdown game that he IS skilled enough to get it done, he just needs to be put in position to succeed.

All the Bills receiving corps really needs is a legitimate number 1 receiver and a quality tight end. The number 1 receiver will push Foster to the speed/#2 role, Zay to the slot to split time with McKenzie, and the new tight end will be a much needed security blanket for our young quarterback.

Gonna be a fun offseason.