Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

17 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No I don’t think that’s it and I don’t think the new guy is a troll. I think you don’t think you have to defend your *ahem* “ideas” to a new poster so you are trying to dismiss him as a troll. That’s weak.

The "new guy" is 100% a troll. He's running all over the board in a desperate attempt to be contrarian.  He's trolling.

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

So in other words, if we don't count his first six weeks when he was really bad, and adjust his completion percentage for all these drops and throwaways, he's still only 23rd in accuracy. If you include all his games I bet he's still last in adjusted completion %.  

Yeah, I don't get it.  It's like trying to play with numbers to make something look better than it is.

Just now, Nelius said:

The "new guy" is 100% a troll. He's running all over the board in a desperate attempt to be contrarian.  He's trolling.

I suppose in today's day and age, if you don't agree with someone you're a troll.  If you fit in, you're a true Bills fan :)

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

I suppose in today's day and age, if you don't agree with someone you're a troll.  If you fit in, you're a true Bills fan :)

No, not at all. But you however, are a clear and obvious troll that has likely been here before. You're not terribly good at it in all honesty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/17/video-review-the-stats-lie-call-it-a-68-percent-accuracy-day-for-josh-allen/

Video Review: The stats lie; call it a 68-percent accuracy day for Josh Allen

Josh Allen completed 50 percent of his passes in the Bills’ win over Detroit Sunday.

The reality is Allen had a 68 percent “accuracy day” in Buffalo’s 14-13 victory.

Let’s take a closer look at Allen’s incompletions on a day in which he went 13 of 26 passing....

That article is just silly. Removing his throw aways to give him a prettier completion percentage is dumb. If you do it for Allen then you’d have to do it for everyone else and if you did, would 68% even be impressive at that point?

This whole completion percentage equals accuracy argument is so dumb. 

Edited by Bangarang

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was one of if not the first to call Dunkirk Don out as a troll and a fraud. (and I caught a lot of flack for it)   Sometimes it's that easy to tell who's who.  

threads like these are like crack..  you just can'r let them go.  

fortunately I have a meeting to run off to 

lol agree.

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

But didn't he also say when you adjust all other QB's completion percentage in the same manner Allen is 23rd on the list?  YAY?

23rd since his return. 9th last week.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That article makes no sense. Removing his throw aways to give him a prettier completion percentage is dumb. 

But if your oline can't block and your receivers can't get open, you'll have more throw aways. Josh has had a lot of those.

I think the overall general point is that Josh looks like a better QB, and even a better passer, than his completion percentage alone indicates. I would agree with that, but he still has a LONG way to go.

Edited by MJS

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its fair as long as you are doing it for every QB

Personally I LIKE to see Josh throw the ball away instead of playing hero ball with it that leads to interceptions

I agree and I actually included that part in my post before I read your comment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Here's every one of the throws detailed. I got to 61.9% (13/21). How can anyone possibly get to 13/18 without being a complete homer?? 

They mentioned that it also adjusts for air yards somehow. So basically they have created some kind of model to spit out an "adjusted completion percentage" that does more than look at drops and throw aways.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

But if your oline can't block and your receivers can't get open, you'll have more throw aways. Josh has had a lot of those.

I think the overall general point is that Josh looks like a better QB, and even a better passer than his completion percentage alone indicates. I would agree with that, but he still has a LONG way to go.

Allen has definitely looked better than I anticipated. I just don’t think you need to fudge the numbers to come to that conclusion. People that watch the games can see what Allen has to deal with.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen has definitely looked better than I anticipated. I just don’t think you need to fudge the numbers to come to that conclusion. People that watch the games can see what Allen has to deal with.

People still like to see confirmation of what they see, though. I like to see all the different angles and metrics and data because it helps me paint a complete picture in my head of a player that includes more than just the "eye test".

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Are you really serious? this is a TEAM SPORT no I in TEAM is there? we have TEAM issues and that's why Josh is 4-5

you need to stop this right now.

You know, there's no "I" in team, but there is an "M" "E."

• Haha (+1) 1

Drops by his receivers (like Clay's on what would have been the game-winning TD against the Dols) should definitely be taken into account.  As for throwaways, I don't think they should be because there are numerous factors that lead to them (poor OL play, coverage, busted play, etc.).