Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

Nothing would make me happier than to see a few 6-10 seasons for the Patriots before Brady ducks out and moves to Florida to retire.  As Bills fans, you know the type of season I'm talking about. 

The type where you're kind of in the playoff hunt but not really. 

The type where people within the organization start pointing fingers at one another because the team just isn't living up to expectations.

The type where those Patriot bandwagon fans jump ship to KC.  

The type where they consider moving on from TB because he "no longer has it"

The type where fans lose interest and you have to bring in a past-his-prime vet to give the fans hope that the team can still win.

The type where you question whether you should be rooting for the team to lose for better draft picks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

And the moderators shut down a thread about a Bills player (Anderson) and let this pile of dung live on? Seems incongruous to me.

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That was a blatant and obvious trip by a Bill's player who intentionally took down Gronk who was trying to be a polite gentleman like he was brought up to be and was going to offer White assistance getting back to his feet.

whats gets me wondering,  what is McD yelling at to the ref?    He's calling out something before the dirty hit.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's "Patriot Week" and I got to read this ****!

Go get Tommy Boy Kyle!

kyle sacks Brady.png

You ain't "got" to do nothin'.  You willfully clicked the link and read it.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

Troll job of the decade!  Bravo!!  ? 

Edited by dubs

13 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

PEOPLE @Gugny IS JERRY SULLIVAN!?!?!?!!

can someone confirm of deny if Gugny is he?

Classic. Sully's favorite line to re-use is "heroic run" from the Jauron years. This year however, should we win out, has both a different feel to it and would truly deserve the moniker of "heroic run" given all of the issues associated with this season, should it happen. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

whats gets me wondering,  what is McD yelling at to the ref?    He's calling out something before the dirty hit.  

He saw Gronk in the Vicinity and knew something was going to happen because his IQ is lower then a caveman?

Watching the video again, it may be the punch from #30 that takes Gronk down rather then a trip.....

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

He saw Gronk in the Vicinity and knew something was going to happen because his IQ is lower then a caveman?

Watching the video again, it may be the punch from #30 that takes Gronk down rather then a trip.....

It must be the mixing of cocaine and Tide pods.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You ain't "got" to do nothin'.  You willfully clicked the link and read it.

I did and I replied twice.......you can carry his jock strap around this week if you want.

I want Kyle to go out ON TOP.......LOL......on top of Tom Brady.

• Haha (+1) 1

They have had their share of glory and I wont feel bad for them if they go out with a whimper.  It is very hard to win Superbowls, just ask Jim Kelly, Marino, Rivers, etc.  B or B could have walked off after the Atlanta Superbowl and chose not to.

No matter what Belichick will be firmly established in the Mt Rushmore of NFL head coaches, if not, on the very top.  Brady will always been in the best QB convo.  

They have been very fortunate to reside in the AFC Least with a waltz to a relatively uncontested 4-6 wins to pocket and provide the inside track to a 1st round bye and a home field throughout, which they leverage into AFCC appearances and beyond.

Edited by May Day 10

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm ready for a first round playoff exit this year followed by a 7-9 record in 2019 as the BUFFALO BILLS win the AFC East.  

2019 AFC EAST

Buffalo 11-5 

NY Jets 9-7

NE Pats 7-9

Miami 6-10

This is followed by the announcement the TOM BRADY RETIRES at a broken down age 42. NE--- IT'S OVER! 

I turn 42 tomorrow. :(

• Haha (+1) 1

Are Brady/Belichick the most successful QB/coach tandem in NFL history?  The wins and Superbowl titles say yes.  They are both the best at their profession and that has earned them all of the recognition they have received.  

They have the persona of super villians, with little regard for rules and fair play.  If you think the only rules that they have broken were when they got caught, you're kidding yourself.  They've been obnoxious and arrogant with opponents, officials, reporters and fans.  While I can respect what they have achieved as a football player and coach, I just don't respect them as people who believe in integrity and respect.

Do I want to see them leave the game on top?  Not a chance!  On the contrary, I want the end of the Patriot dynasty to begin with them right where they are.  I want them to lose their way out of the game.  I want Brady to hang on too long and be ineffective as his body can't do what is needed from an NFL quarterback.  I want them to usher in the next era of Patriot futility that prevails for the next two decades.

Edited by Forward Progress

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I know you are trolling but I will entertain it....

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  

did you forget about spygate? deflategate?  Aaron Hernandez?  Rodney Harrison?

I stand by my assertion that Brady and Belichick are everything that is wrong with football.  I respect the hell out of what they have accomplished.  That said they are the reason each and every rule has to be so complex it can't be understood by a layman.  Rules should be applied following the spirit of the rule.  What is the intention of having the rule and what are you trying to stop.  The Pats work by the letter of the law.  What is and isn't written.  Think back to the Ravens playoff game a couple of years ago.  Think of the Seahawks strategy of hold every play and make them call it.  These are styles of play that while within the letter of the law, are outside of the spirit of it.  So they aren't technically cheating but they are playing cheaply.  They are both great and in the conversation of best to ever do it but my level of respect for their "style" is not as high as it would be if they just dominated and didn't have to skirt the rules to do so.

That said I do actually agree with their cheat, win, deal with punishment strategy.  They have multiple super bowls and that is all anyone cares about at the end of the day.  I think if we were all honest with ourselves we would take the accusations of cheating and hatred that comes along with 5 Super Bowls and 15+ years of dominance.  Even if they were won using questionable at best tactics.