Browns at Broncos - Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Kind of like our guy who everyone says is safe yet isn't any better than all these other guys supposedly going to be fired in a few weeks. Guess we'll find out soon.

Saying a Coach is safe simply because no one thinks the owner will make a change isn’t the same as saying he’s better than those other coaches. Even if they are likely to be fired soon. 

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Did anyone catch the post game? Baker thanked Drew Stanton in his development, helping him read defenses and go through progressions. I thought it was weird that he was thanking the 3rd string guy & not Tyrod. Then i remembered how Tyrod couldn't go through progressions or read defenses, so happy we get to see Allen play instead of Tyrod

Tyrod, I have a feeling John Elway may be giving you a call ...

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

Why, Tyrod stinks.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Case Keenum, starting QB.  Really, they've got to try something different, and their options are very limited with the salary cap and a poor QB draft in front of them. You do realize the current backup is Kevin Hogan? That they brought Nathan Peterman in for a tryout?

25 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The Broncos going for that FG down 17-13 with like 4 minutes to go on 4th and 1 and then 4th and 6 after the delay of game makes me want to puke...and I had no rooting interest in the game. 

Conservative football deserves to lose. 

At the time I was okay with that, they had timeouts and their defense was playing great. With that field goal, even if the Browns scored a td, the Broncos were still in the game. I usually agree with your argument, but was okay with the field goal in this case.

56 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The Broncos going for that FG down 17-13 with like 4 minutes to go on 4th and 1 and then 4th and 6 after the delay of game makes me want to puke...and I had no rooting interest in the game. 

and the browns going for the 1st when they could have made it a 4 point game to force the TD is LUNACY

It worked out for them in the end...but that could easily have been a disaster

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with Case Keenum, starting QB.  Really, they've got to try something different, and their options are very limited with the salary cap and a poor QB draft in front of them. You do realize the current backup is Kevin Hogan? That they brought Nathan Peterman in for a tryout?

Case Keenum > Tyrod Taylor. 

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That decision is the final nail in Joseph's coffin. Usually when a GM thinks about firing a Head Coach after one year it is the right call and he should follow through and do it because otherwise you just waste a year. Exhibit A: Terry Pegula with Rex Ryan. Exhibit B: John Elway with Vance Joseph. Someone send that memo to the Cardinals owners. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Speak it brother. 

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

That decision to kick the FG is why Minny paid cousins. Keenum is so awful they don't trust him to get a yard.

Cousins ain't much better

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

and the browns going for the 1st when they could have made it a 4 point game to force the TD is LUNACY

No, it was the correct decision and it’s not close.  First down and the game is over.  Chance of getting first down there is about 80%.  Win percentage being up 4 points after a kick off, with that much time left, is not much better than only being up 1 with the ball on the Broncs’  own 10 yard line.  The math is pretty simple and compelling in favor of going for it.  

5 hours ago, Augie said:

So is losing. You play smart, make them score a TD. 

Except it’s not smart.  It’s dumb.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

At the time I was okay with that, they had timeouts and their defense was playing great. With that field goal, even if the Browns scored a td, the Broncos were still in the game. I usually agree with your argument, but was okay with the field goal in this case.

I can't agree, they had a shot right there to get the first down or take the lead on 4th and 1 from inside the opposition's 10. Gotta go for the killshot there. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I loved that call. 4th and 1 and a shot to end the game right there and then with the ball in the hands of one of your best players...I'm taking that chance all day. They didn't get it but I have no problem at all with the logic there.

If McD ever makes a call like that, I'm behind it every time. But most likely he kicks the FG in both scenarios. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yup.  It shows a lack of faith in your offense and isn't that atypical for a head coach with a defensive background.  If you don't make it then the Browns are still backed up near their own endzone and you rely on your defense to give your offense another shot.  It's possible that decision was the nail in his coffin.  Do you think Elway would've been pissed if he was the Broncos quarterback in that situation and they kicked a field goal?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Case Keenum > Tyrod Taylor. 

That decision is the final nail in Joseph's coffin. Usually when a GM thinks about firing a Head Coach after one year it is the right call and he should follow through and do it because otherwise you just waste a year. Exhibit A: Terry Pegula with Rex Ryan. Exhibit B: John Elway with Vance Joseph. Someone send that memo to the Cardinals owners. 

Yup, it probably is. I honestly think for some coaches the objective is just to keep it close, not to win the game. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  It shows a lack of faith in your offense and isn't that atypical for a head coach with a defensive background.  If you don't make it then the Browns are still backed up near their own endzone and you rely on your defense to give your offense another shot.  It's possible that decision was the nail in his coffin.  Do you think Elway would've been pissed if he was the Broncos quarterback in that situation and they kicked a field goal?

Absolutely, it's the right call all the way around to go for it. 

And oh yeah, Elway would have been livid. Joseph probably wasn't thinking about that in that moment, but having a former QB and especially a HOF one as a GM is going to be killer here. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

...Vance probably should start packing now...............

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tyrod, I have a feeling John Elway may be giving you a call ...

....well John DOES know QB's....just ask him..............