Any Buyer's Remorse From Teams That Drafted QB in Round 1?

Flip Johnson

Just now, NewEra said:

Why would none of them start?  Do you see who our OLmen are?  All bums.  But our bums are better than theirs?  Dawkins is our best OL and he’s terrible.  You also realize that an OL coach can help these guys get better.  Our OL coach doesn’t. He’s worse than our OLmen.  That’s matters and is a reason that our Ol is playing worse than theirs. 

Name which Cardinal Offensive Lineman who would start for the Bills. It's a very easy proposition.  Save all of the extraneous noise you just typed. You won't name any of them because none would.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Name which Cardinal Offensive Lineman who would start for the Bills. It's a very easy proposition.  Save all of the extraneous noise you just typed. You won't name any of them because none would.

I can’t say because I don’t know enough about them.  I haven’t broke down tape.  I’m sure you’ve broke down game tape of the cardinals OL though.  

All of our OLmen suck.  You wanna fight about who sucks worse.  Look at you

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Arizona might.    Rosen’s doing nothing with solid weapons 

They have a worse pass protection from their o-line than we do.  The only rookie QB with at least an average supporting cast is Mayfield and it shows in his performance.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I can’t say because I don’t know enough about them.  I haven’t broke down tape.  I’m sure you’ve broke down game tape of the cardinals OL though.  

:lol:  Look at me?  You must be confused because you knocked on my door with this discussion and you don't even know who the players are. Yet, you want to question me.  Good night and sleep tight. ;)

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Mayfield is far and away the best of the bunch.  Right now, Lamar Jackson comes in second, but I think it has a lot to do with the team he is on.   Allen and Darnold are incredibly close at this point, and you can see why those were the two guys it seemed to come down to for Buffalo.  

I dont believe Rosen will ever become a top quarterback in the league.  I didn't when he was coming out, and I dont now.  Nothing about him looks to be anything more than average.

When you look at first round quarterbacks analytics will tell you they hit at about a 30% success rate.  When you apply that to this draft class, and assume Baker is one success, its likely that only one other guy is a success long term.

I think Jackson will come to Earth, and think it comes down to Darnold or Allen.   Otherwise, lets hope this is the 2004 draft class redux. 

If this is true I think we're screwed.

Darnold is going to be a very good NFL quarterback. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They have a worse pass protection from their o-line than we do.  The only rookie QB with at least an average supporting cast is Mayfield and it shows in his performance.

They do not have worse pass protection.

Stats and our eyes back that up.

Look at the stats that Bandit posted.  Look at PFT's stats that show that Allen has been by far the most pressured QB in the league.

For crying out loud, have you been watching the Bills games of late?  Allen drops back and has about a second and half before someone comes right up the middle.  You would think that with all the stats backing this assertion up and the fact that you've seen the Bills games that you'd see this.

He rarely has the time to drop back and have an opportunity to go through his progressions.

Come'on now!

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

mayfield has played the best ,however he has more offensive talent at this point . 

Allen has no OL ,all young WR  , no TE & no running game . He seems to be improving every game . The fear is injury too much runnng.

Darnold is much in the same position as Allen has more of a running game and better OL

Jackson running way too much could be taking a beating = short career

Rosen no OL weakest of the bunch with his feet . Needs a tremendous running game to succeed.

the off season moves will be crucial to continued advancement.

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

For me Rosen actually looks the worst. He possibly has the best weapons and their offense just looks pathetic. Like ours the first half of the season lol only it’s been all year for them. 

Right now I think we’d kill to see allen with a washed up Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk with David Johnson 

Right? To be fair to Rosen his line is atrocious, but when I see "no weapons" I get a little annoyed

• Like (+1) 1

I think Mayfield, Darnold, and Allen give the most hope for long-term success. In terms of the Rosen vs. Allen dialogue, it doesn't really matter if the BIlls or the Cardinals have the worst o-line. You are arguing over which awful line is worse. What is evident is that Allen provides leadership, the possibility of an exceptional play, running ability, and physical prowess that Rosen does not have. Surround Rosen with very good players, he may very well be a good NFL qb, but Allen demonstrates both tangible and intangible abilities that suggest he can raise the level of play of those around him. Think we got the Right Josh.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, GRHater69 said:

I think Mayfield is the best of the class at this point and it will be on their front office to maximize his talents with a good coaching staff. He has a good supporting cast thanks to all those low finishes the Browns have had. Darnold will be a good one as well, but the same will hold true for him depending on what the Jets do in the off season. Rosen is on a bad team right now, worse than the Bills or Jets and while I doubt Wilks goes one and done, if things don't get better next year, they may also be shaking things up next year

Edmunds is a boy in a man's body. He's playing a difficult position at 20 years of age. It also wouldn't surprise me if he's hitting the rookie wall as well. He should be much better next year with a full year of film study and NFL strength and conditioning. I do like what I've seen from Allen, but am also realistic. He does seem to have more between the ears than JP or EJ which hopefully means he can develop and be coached out of bad habits. Now to be fair, Trent Edwards had more brain power than those other two guys and washed out. But I'd like to think Allen has more mental toughness than Trent. Trent had potential, bit the hits and the Ints got in his head. We need to remember where Allen came from also, Wyoming is not a big time school program compared to the other guys.  The fact that he's gotten this far has made me take more notice.

I don't understand how people say rosen has it worse. He has larry Fitzgerald and david Johnson along with a pro bowl G. I wouldn't say he has it worse I'd say all three teams have it equally as bad, with Rosen having more offensive weapons and help than Darnold or Allen.

18 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

One year in no team has buyers remorse unless the pick was considered a huge unfathomable reach. All 5 rookie QB's went in appropriate draft slots. Rosen over Allen you could argue but Allen was a prospect that would have been drafted in the top 10. So no there is no buyers remorse from any teams just yet. Now year 2 if a QB doesn't start to at least progress beyond their rookie production then you start to have buyers remorse. 

Jackson should have went in Rosen's draft slot. IMO Rosen was drafted to high. He looks like more of a second round flier type guy that needs an elite team surrounding him to have a chance. 

I think all 5 teams feel good-great about their QBs. All have shown flashes, none look like outright busts this year. However, if we are talking coaches, Todd Bowles likely regrets the trade that lead to taking Darnold over Allen & Rosen. Nothing against Sam, but he hasn't looked that much better than the Joshes to justify losing the two second round picks (plus one next year). Would those picks have translated to enough wins to save his job? Probably not, but I'm sure he must have thought about it.

15 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Same, it would take Rosen and two firsts to swap them now.  

He kinda sucks 

He has some personnel issues too but I like everything about Allen and think he can improve upon his accuracy.

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

26 is right here given that pretty much the entire starting o-line of AZ is on IR. You can't say that about the Bills. 

I know its off topic and not an accurate scale but I think its funny the top 6 highest paid qbs all wont make the playoffs this year.  QB> all else but its still crazy

Aaron Rodgers Packers $134,000,000 $33,500,000 $78,700,000 $19,675,000 58.7% 2024 UFA
Matt Ryan Falcons $150,000,000 $30,000,000 $94,500,000 $18,900,000 63.0% 2024 UFA
Kirk Cousins Vikings $84,000,000 $28,000,000 $84,000,000 $28,000,000 100.0% 2021 UFA
Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers $137,500,000 $27,500,000 $48,700,000 $9,740,000 35.4% 2023 UFA
Matt Stafford Lions $135,000,000 $27,000,000 $60,500,000 $12,100,000 44.8% 2023 UFA
Derek Carr Raiders $125,025,000 $25,005,000 $40,000,000 $8,000,000 32.0% 2023 UFA

9 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

If this is true I think we're screwed.

Darnold is going to be a very good NFL quarterback. 

What makes you say this? He makes bone headed INT's every single game, and fumbles a lot. All through college he had turnover issues... and he leads the league in INT's despite not playing 4 games lol. He isnt throwing a bunch, or being asked to throw down the field often.

I dont think he will be terrible, but I dont get why some people are suckin his D after one game vs the Bills where he started every drive on our side of the 50, mostly thanks to ST. He not only threw a pick just as bad as Josh's. but he should of had another possibly Pick 6 if Levi Wallace doesnt have the ball go right through his hands after jumping the route

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Same, it would take Rosen and two firsts to swap them now.  

He kinda sucks 

The concern with Rosen (for me) is just the eye test. 

Mayfield seems to have a certain charisma and has more advanced touch and accuracy.

Darnold shows clear potential and has prototypical size.

Allen is an incredible athlete, the biggest, strongest, fastest guy with the best arm - the one you'd pick first on the playground.

Jackson has great speed.

Rosen is listed as 6'4" 218, but he looks slight. He doesn't have the charisma, the arm strength, the physicality, or the foot speed that the other guys have. I wonder if "most pro-ready" is some kind of euphemism for lack of physical tools ... Nate Peterman was "pro ready" if you recall.