What matters most to you in the final 4 weeks?

For me, the only thing that will truly make this season sufferable is if we beat the Patriots in NE. That's the season. We need to not only send them.a statement that their time as AFC East Champs is over after this year. We need to knock them out of the #1 or #2 seed and make sure they do not have a bye week. I want them on the road in the playoffs against Houston or KC or I want them playing San Diego in the Divisional round.  This dynasty must come to an end in the hands of our Bills and next year we sweep them. We need to send the message loud and clear in their house. I've had enough of Pats fans laughing at us.  A win in NE would be a big statement and I think we have the defense to make it happen.

So tell me, other than this miracle, what would you like to see happen?

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Actually, the only thing that matters is four more games of live action for Josh. He is growing by the week and this is a great way to build momentum into the offseason. Sure, a win in Foxboro would be great but it’s not the most crucial thing. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i agree with this post.  If we lose the other games in a similar way to yesterday, but beat NE in NE, i think that is the best go-forward scenario for the remainder of the season.  Would absolutely LOVE to see Allen throw it all over NE and out-shoot Brady.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Actually, the only thing that matters is four more games of live action for Josh. He is growing by the week and this is a great way to build momentum into the offseason. Sure, a win in Foxboro would be great but it’s not the most crucial thing. 

Sure, I'm all for it, but Josh is going to develop no matter what. We see where he is headed. Beating the Patriots in NE takes the stink off everything. It's a wake up call for the AFC East. It's taking our most hated rival and delivering a message that will carry over into 2019.  If Allen plays lights out the rest of the season and we go 2-2 or even 3-1 and still lose the Patriots game, all it says is "we're improving" "someday we will catch up to your mighty powerhouse."  

A win shuts those blowhard fans up, it causes chaos in NE. It may take home field advantage away from NE. It may drop their seeding. A win gives the Bills confidence and momentum going into 2019.  A win tells Free Agents,  "come to Buffalo and be a part of something special" We are here to stay. A win invigorates the city of Buffalo and tells Tom Brady "it's ok to hang up your cleats, your reign has come to an end"

The above scenario versus "hey look Josh is getting good" has no comparison.

Edited by BillsRdue

24 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

We need to not only send them.a statement that their time as AFC East Champs is over, we need to knock them out of the #1 or #2 seed and make sure they do not have a bye week.

Unless they suffer a total collapse AND the fish win out, NE are still the AFCE champs.

But yeah, I'd love to knock them down a slot or two in the playoff scene.

This season is about building.

37 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

...beating the Patriots in NE. That will make my season. We need to not only send them.a statement that their time as AFC East Champs is over, we need to knock them out of the #1 or #2 seed and make sure they do not have a bye week. I want them on the road in the playoffs against Houston or KC or I want them playing San Diego in the Divisional round.  This dynasty must come to an end in the hands of our Bills and next year we sweep them. We need to send the message loud and clear in their house.

I was just talking about the exact same thing at work last night.  I told a coworker of mine that I want us to beat the Paytoilets in their stadium to send a message and to make sure they don't get a first or second seed.  That would be sweet!

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, eball said:

Agreed.

I only care a little about wins and losses at this point.  What I really want to see is our young players - especially Josh - get better.

2018 is training camp for 2019.  

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Unless they suffer a total collapse AND the fish win out, NE are still the AFCE champs.

But yeah, I'd love to knock them down a slot or two in the playoff scene.

This season is about building.

I was talking about next year. Sending them the message that this is the last time they see the standings with them atop the AFC East. In 2019 this division belongs to Buffalo!

Edited by BillsRdue

I’d rather see Allen just keep learning and improving, win or lose.  I was not upset losing yesterday.  Allen again had an exciting game and made the game fun to watch and showed why there is good reason to believe we have our guy.  In the end, we got the L but that actually is a net positive because it helps position our draft slot.  

I do NOT want them to try and lose, but if they do it doesn’t bother me as we still gain draft equity from the loss.  So while I will love every second of beating the Pats, I personally don’t care if win or not, I just want to see Josh keep growing from both good and bad plays.  Even the Int yesterday...it was a bad throw and also a bad route by KB (even McD called him out in PC saying the WR has to “trim the fat” on that route).  But it was how Allen responded and had a short memory.  He’s going to learn from the mistakes as much as he is from the successes.  .

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

That's true but I can't say this wouldn't be a great send off for the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Somehow this would be more satisfying this season to me.

I actually expect this to happen. We are a far better team than Miami. We should have beaten them by 10-14+ and we will in our house.  NE on the road is a challenge no expect this team to meet. I do! I think we have the defense to shut down Brady and Gronk. Keep Michel and White contained and the game falls into Gordon/Edelman with Brady under pressure.  I think JA can score on NE's defense. The hope is that Shady comes out of his tomb and Ivory, Murphy can contribute to moving the chains and pounding NE for over 200 on the ground with 2-3 TDs. If Allen throws for another 175-250 with no INT, we can win.

The rest of this season would be a success if Allen, Edmunds, Phillips & Milano make incremental improvements to their game. One thing I'd like to see from Allen is a game or two or three where the majority of his highlights are of him throwing the ball instead of running the ball. I understand that his mobility is a fearsome weapon, but I'd like to see it used sparingly.

I'm not real concerned with wins and losses, but I'd LOVE to see us win out over the remaining AFC East teams … just to announce that the Bills are a team on the rise in the division.

• Like (+1) 1

Just progress in general. I'd like to see the OL solidify itself a little more, but that's probably not going to happen considering they lost Bodine and replaced Miller with Sirles. You know who's actually had a decent season on that OL? Jordan Mills. Rarely hear his name during games this season, don't think he's been penalized much, if at all, and he's really held it down on that side. Would not be opposed to extending the guy. I understand a lot of people don't think he's good enough but he's done well this year and he's a veteran presence which is still needed despite the full-on youth movement they have going on.

Of course I'd like to see Allen continue to trend upwards. Since returning from the injury he looks much more relaxed back there. I'd like to see him hit some passes he's missed on this season. I think overall he's gonna be alright but obviously we gotta temper our expectations at this point.

Would love to see some more big plays from the defense. What's exciting about this group is that a handful of guys are still on rookie deals, with another handful of prime-age players (like Hyde and Poyer) are on 4-year deals with the only two big time defenders (Kyle and Lorenzo) having their contracts up at the end of this season. I stated in a previous thread, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of those guys sign on for another year just to see where 2019 takes them.