Until we sort this officiating we are going nowhere

Jasovon

42 minutes ago, 1stgm1993 said:

Exactly hits to the head not called b s esp the hit last drive the second guy came in and came close to a ouch to the head as Allen is already being sacked 

Yes that one infuriated me.  He got clocked in the head by the second guy and it was not incidental 

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Not necessarily with the Bills hustling to run a play. It could or it could of, but the point is that it’s a delay of game penalty to throw a challenge flag under two minutes. Which he did. 

The refs could see the Bills running up to the line, we all did.  Then they called a booth review.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that is fair enough - the overturn was a 50/50 call. I am stubbornly in the leave it on the field unless it is absolutely 100 obviously wrong and I thought Zay probably dropped it. To overturn I want more than probably. 

Zay definitely dropped it.  But the only reason he dropped it was the clear PI on the CB.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Do do I have to spell it out for you? You called me a league apologist which made absolutely no sense because all I’ve done in this thread is criticize the league for their poor officiating. What are you having trouble understanding?

This is just ignorant at this point. You’re talking in circles.

You are acting under the assumption the league will fix officiating, it won't. It admitted in the jets fan court case following spygate that the NFL is entertainment and Al Riveron stressed that was their number one focus as officials in the offseason. All you've done in this thread is claim we're treated the same as every team which is absurd. We need to be a storyline, a sweetheart team to get the calls that allow us to succeed and win in this Entertainment league. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The refs could see the Bills running up to the line, we all did.  Then they called a booth review.

That's beside the point of Gase throwing the red flag, which is a clear foul resulting in either a loss of a time out or 15 yard penalty.

But why would you start learning the rules when they are in Bills' favor?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

You are acting under the assumption the league will fix officiating, it won't.

No, I’m not. It’s actually the opposite and the league can’t fix the problem and it’s just something every team has to deal with.

It admitted in the jets fan court case following spygate that the NFL is entertainment and Al Riveron stressed that was their number one focus as officials in the offseason.

They can say whatever they want. It’s just hot air until things get better.

All you've done in this thread is claim we're treated the same as every team which is absurd. We need to be a storyline, a sweetheart team to get the calls that allow us to succeed and win in this Entertainment league. 

We won 9 games last year and made the playoffs. Keep trying.

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No, I’m not. It’s actually the opposite and the league can’t fix the problem and it’s just something every team has to deal with.

They can say whatever they want. It’s just hot air until things get better.

We won 9 games last year and made the playoffs. Keep trying.

Read that again, the league will not make it better, they have no incentive to do so. They're making money hand over first they don't care if it's fair or not. I also don't see us backing into the playoffs as evidence we didn't get hosed by the refs in todays game. Keep trying.

14 minutes ago, GG said:

That's beside the point of Gase throwing the red flag, which is a clear foul resulting in either a loss of a time out or 15 yard penalty.

But why would you start learning the rules when they are in Bills' favor?

It's loss of a time out.  Either way, no impact on the replay.

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Read that again, the league will not make it better, they have no incentive to do so. They're making money hand over first they don't care if it's fair or not. I also don't see us backing into the playoffs as evidence we didn't get hosed by the refs in todays game. Keep trying.

I never argued we didn’t we “hosed” by the refs today. You’re having a big problem with reading and keeping up with what I’m saying.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I never argued we didn’t we “hosed” by the refs today. You’re having a big problem with reading and keeping up with what I’m saying.

Because you aren't making any solid point just vague references to the officiating being fine. You've not said anything of substance which means it's difficult to understand the point you're attempting to make. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Shouldn't this thread be, "Until our coaches sort out the penalties we are going no where"? 

The refs sucked, but some of those penalties were inexcusable and showed a lack of discipline.

Which ones do you consider inexcusable? The pass interference that wasn't? The unsportsmanlike conduct that wasn't? The illegal contact that wasn't? The holding that wasn't?

The coaches and players are not responsible for bad officiating. 

Because you aren't making any solid point just vague references to the officiating being fine. You've not said anything of substance which means it's difficult to understand the point you're attempting to make. 

Why are the Bills the (only?) team that has to "sort" the refs or they won't get anywhere?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's loss of a time out.  Either way, no impact on the replay.

It didn't impact the replay, but surely follows the script that there wasn't a parity of calls in the last 6 minutes

4 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Because you aren't making any solid point just vague references to the officiating being fine.

It’s pretty clear you are having trouble comprehending because not once did I say the officiating is fine. 

I dont know how else to say it. The officiating in the NFL is a problem. It’s a problem for every team and not just the Bills. Some games are worse for teams than others. That’s just how it is these days unfortunately.

You've not said anything of substance which means it's difficult to understand the point you're attempting to make. 

How much substance do you need to understand such a simple point I’ve made? Do I need to draw pictures on flash cards or use puppets?

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Why are the Bills the (only?) team that has to "sort" the refs or they won't get anywhere?

We aren't but i only care about the Bills. Lots of teams get hosed, a select few get away with holding, pass interference etc. and it gives them the edge to make them elite. I want the Bills to get themselves into position to benefit from the refs rather than suffering because of them. I want them to be treated like the Steelers, Patriots or Packers. 

I want our QB being hit in the head to be a penalty every time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

True when Brady and Ben retire the league will need it's next great super QBs hopefully they make Josh Allen one.

Josh will eventually get these calls. The problem is if you don't call the game fairly,  you're probably not going to win. If you don't win the NFL will ignore you. I guarantee you if Brady had been tackled around the neck like Josh there would be 8 flags out. Maybe JA gets that love someday but definitely not today.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It’s pretty clear you are having trouble comprehending because not once did I say the officiating is fine. 

I dont know how else to say it. The officiating in the NFL is a problem. It’s a problem for every team and not just the Bills. Some games are worse for teams than others. That’s just how it is these days unfortunately.

How much substance do you need to understand such a simple point I’ve made? Do I need to draw pictures on flash cards or use puppets?

Your simple point is "nothing to see here everyone gets bad calls". Name the last game the Bills won because of a bad call vs their opponent. You're so sure of this i'm sure you have several examples to mind.

Just now, Tcali said:

so the refs forced josh to throw the duck and clay to drop the duck?

no the refs missed PI on Zay and two shots to the head on Josh on that last drive. Any one of those gives us a first down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

We aren't but i only care about the Bills. Lots of teams get hosed, a select few get away with holding, pass interference etc. and it gives them the edge to make them elite. I want the Bills to get themselves into position to benefit from the refs rather than suffering because of them. I want them to be treated like the Steelers, Patriots or Packers. 

Are the Chiefs, Steelers, Rams, Saints, Texans, etc, getting an "edge" to make or keep them elite?

Miami had 8 penalties for 90 yards.

Your simple point is "nothing to see here everyone gets bad calls". Name the last game the Bills won because of a bad call vs their opponent. You're so sure of this i'm sure you have several examples to mind.

no the refs missed PI on Zay and two shots to the head on Josh on that last drive. Any one of those gives us a first down. 

true----but losing teams dont make the big plays. winners do--and overcome officials mistakes-which are always gonna happen.NE has a few bad calls against them-and they still win the game because they make plays.

7 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

I seriously do not remember a single game where the Bills lost and you weren't bitching about the refs....I think you have a problem....

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

true----but losing teams dont make the big plays. winners do--and overcome officials mistakes-which are always gonna happen.NE has a few bad calls against them-and they still win the game because they make plays.

New England* has historically won many, many, many more close games in which bad officiating appeared to help them than they have lost that way over the years, probably by a factor approaching 5 to 1.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MattM said:

New England* has historically won many, many, many more close games in which bad officiating appeared to help them than they have lost that way over the years, probably by a factor approaching 5 to 1.....

i still remember the 'just give it to them' game--i was in a hotel room in los angeles recovering from surgery--1998

2 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I seriously do not remember a single game where the Bills lost and you weren't bitching about the refs....I think you have a problem....

We've lost 8 this year and this is the first one. So that should save you some time if you wanted to go looking. Plus that doesn't make me wrong does it?

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

i still remember the 'just give it to them' game--i was in a hotel room in los angeles recovering from surgery--1998

but every team gets those apparently. Can't remember our just give it to them game but it must have happened.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The unsportsmanlike conduct was a little over the top but I understand why it was called. But why even do that? And then he's waving to the crowd after his penalty. That's a lack of discipline.

That PI on Milano could be argued either way.

Except he didn't get a penalty for waving to the crowd, so who cares? Players do that all the time on defense to make it loud. My point is that most of the penalties today (and all year, every year) can't be fixed by coaching because they are entirely on the officiating crew. Hughes gets a personal foul for congratulating his teammate, Gronk gets nothing for assaulting White with his weaponized elbow. How does coaching have ***** all to do with things like that?

Edit: And yes, I used two extreme examples to illustrate the point, but there are a dozen less extreme examples of the same bias in every single game.

Edited by MPT
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We've lost 8 this year and this is the first one. So that should save you some time if you wanted to go looking. Plus that doesn't make me wrong does it?

but every team gets those apparently. Can't remember our just give it to them game but it must have happened.

its famous u must be young

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Bad officiating isn’t exclusive to the Bills. Every team deals with this.

Do you honestly think teams like the Patriots and Chiefs are dealing with that? Do you think if a defender brought Mahomes to the ground by grabbing around his neck on the last drive of the game it wouldn't be a penalty? I think you're nuts if you believe that. Compare that sack to the sack Bush was called in and tell me the officiating is even handed.

Off the top of my head, the Tuck Rule, the AFCCG vs the Colts that led to a new rule emphasis the following year, the 2007 Monday nighter against the Ravens where several suspect calls late in the 4th gave them the game (several Ravens got fined after that one for speaking their minds), a game around the same time vs Houston when Tommy Boy heaved a game ending pick, only to see a late flag even the announcers didn’t understand wipe it out,  the Saints game 2-3 years ago they won on a last play TD throw in which Solder was clearly holding the Saints pass rusher, and on and on, not ev3n counting our games against them.

i do recall them losing to the Panthers on a late iffy call 5-6 years ago, but not many others.....

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Do you honestly think teams like the Patriots and Chiefs are dealing with that? Do you think if a defender brought Mahomes to the ground by grabbing around his neck on the last drive of the game it wouldn't be a penalty? I think you're nuts if you believe that. Compare that sack to the sack Bush was called in and tell me the officiating is even handed.

You're wasting your time, i think some people just like being angry at the Bills.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

the numerous hits to Allen's head that were not called were awful.   And despite the fact that Zay didn't catch the ball, the CB was all over him PRIOR TO the ball arriving.  Should have been PI.  Another missed call by this terrible officiating crew.  

Yeah, I thought the same thing on the Zay Jones catch that was overturned.  I agreed that it was not a catch, but the interference was obvious.