Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

This literally all makes me ill. First off, zero respect for any “man” that puts his hands on a female, period. Hunt should feel free to shove, smack and kick Lawson however, and see how that works out for him instead—maybe Fournette can give him some pointers on leading with a roundhouse to a helmet. Unbelievable scumbaggery on display, and of course it takes a video tape months later for the team and/or league to do jack squat a la Rice, because of the PR nightmare—but make no mistake, morality has nothing to do with it, or it would’ve been handled back then with or without video. Finally, where is the league’s Cracker Jack security unit set up after the Rice debacle to make sure no stone would be left unturned in subsequent league investigations of this sort? They also couldn’t locate the existence of this tape either? Is TMZ Sports the 2nd coming of a Woodward/Bernstein journalism outfit utilizing NSA hacking tools to get the story? Bunch of chumps all around. The league better get its act together, or this problem of coddling domestic abusers within their ranks will make the anthem issue look like the easiest issue Goodell ever tried to solve. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

So theoretically I can set up video cameras all over the place for the ‘public good’ and when the police decide not to file charges, I can then sell the videos to TMZ or blackmail the people in the video.  Seems like privacy laws would prevent this kind of thing.  It’s different if it’s just some random person’s cell phone cam.  If the reason hotels have video cams everywhere is for the public good, using them to destroy a man’s livelihood after police decide not to file charges seems like Hunt would have a good case to sue the hotel.  

What makes you think hotels have video cameras in all the hallways and public areas for such a thing as “the public good”?

And no, you can’t set up video cameras “all over the place”.  You can set them up on property you own and post placards informing your guests that certain areas are subject to video monitoring

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I get where you're coming from, but if it was a guy would you say "If any of them have sons, or brothers, or husbands or fathers,  would there be the same reaction? I was raised to treat women with respect and never hit a woman, but in this day and age why is hitting a woman viewed any different than hitting a man?

I hope it is. In my eyes it certainly is.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What makes you think hotels have video cameras in all the hallways and public areas for such a thing as “the public good”?

And no, you can’t set up video cameras “all over the place”.  You can set them up on property you own and post placards informing your guests that certain areas are subject to video monitoring

You and I know, hotels set these cameras to provide security for their guests, and to protect themselves from liability.  There are cameras everywhere, including all of our hands.

Anyone who doesn’t realize that there’s a camera above the cash register in every bar, several cams in every major store, or convenience store, and every hotel corridor, is either stupid, or from an older generation.

Apparently, Hunt falls into the stupid category -  he thought, since no cell phone cams were visible, that he wasn’t being filmed.

Dumb, stupid f***.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What’s the reason for the video monitoring?  Blackmailing you or ruining your life doesn’t seem like a legit reason.  Hunt deserves what happened to him, but hotels should be held accountable for what happens to their surveillance videos.  

57 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That kick to the woman's female area when she was on here knees and already in pain ended his career.

Not what happened. 

"The surveillance video shows Hunt getting into a confrontation with a woman while being restrained by others. After exchanging words with her, he shoves her before she strikes him in the face. Hunt then shoves another man into the woman, pushing her to the floor. Hunt eventually makes his way over to her and kicks her in the leg while she is on the floor."

58 minutes ago, Nelius said:

So kicking a woman while she's disoriented and on the ground isn't brutal? WTF man? Your sarcasm is obvious. Some of you are really showing your true colors here.

Some of you are overly dramatic.  The Chiefs and the NFL are overreacting here IMO based on what actually occurred with no bodily injury and no criminal charges by the CPD after their investigation. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not what happened. 

Cause you were there?  Or did you interview her and she told you she wasn’t in pain?

A 19 year old girl got her head slammed into a wall by two much larger men, all for refusing to”hook up” with punk Hunt’s pal - I’m guessing she’s in some pain.  I would be, so would you.

Then, while kneeling on the floor, she got kicked in the side by a drunken punk thug.

Happened.

Edited by The Senator

Just now, The Senator said:

Cause you were there?  Or did you interview her and she told you she wasn’t in pain?

A 19 year old girl got her head slammed into a wall by two much larger men, all for refusing to”hook up” with punk Hunt’s pal - I’m guessing she’s in some pain.  I would be, so would you.

Then, while kneeling on the floor, she got kicked in the side by a drunken punk thug

"The surveillance video shows Hunt getting into a confrontation with a woman while being restrained by others. After exchanging words with her, he shoves her before she strikes him in the face. Hunt then shoves another man into the woman, pushing her to the floor. Hunt eventually makes his way over to her and kicks her in the leg while she is on the floor."

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"The surveillance video shows Hunt getting into a confrontation with a woman while being restrained by others. After exchanging words with her, he shoves her before she strikes him in the face. Hunt then shoves another man into the woman, pushing her to the floor. Hunt eventually makes his way over to her and kicks her in the leg while she is on the floor."

Oh!

Well then, in that case, it’s totally acceptable.

I don’t know why in the world that Goodell would suspend him and the Chiefs release him for a harmless little incident like that!

Edited by The Senator

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

We have no idea what happened before or after the video to lead to this.

Nah we just saw a video of assault. WE DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY. 

Dez is playing the ya don't know the whole story thing too. We just saw the part that mattered Dez lol. Not that I disagree with the rest of your post. I just disagree with this sentence.

1543639709232592.png

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Oh!

Well then, in that case, it’s totally acceptable.

I don’t know why in the world that Goodell would suspend him and the Chiefs release him for a harmless little incident like that!

It's not totally acceptable, but I believe in proportionality.   Let the punishment fit the "crime" if you will although his actions weren't even criminal.  You are being dramatic. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some of you are overly dramatic.  The Chiefs and the NFL are overreacting here IMO based on what actually occurred with no bodily injury and no criminal charges by the CPD after their investigation. 

Your opinion (or anyone else's) really doesn't matter.

It's funny but the owner of the Chiefs Clark Hunt is the one who ultimately makes the decisions.

He is part of football royalty.

How do you think he tells his wife and daughters to just forget about it?

KC OWNER Clark_Hunt__family.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, greenyellowred said:

TMZ has labeled it as brutal, and I agree:

kc-2.jpg

I understand why TMZ uses the word, I just don’t understand how a reasonable person (legal definition) would come to that conclusion after watching the video. 

I mean, it’s a semantics argument, but it speaks volumes about ones interpretation of the video. 

Brutal/brutalize implies some sort of savagery associated with the assault. I Just didn’t see that, nor can I see how one would come to that conclusion. Any clarification would be useful in helping my understanding. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not totally acceptable, but I believe in proportionality.   Let the punishment fit the "crime" if you will although his actions weren't even criminal.  You are being dramatic. 

I agree and the NFL shouldn't use the Ray Rice case impact their decision when it comes to Hunt.  I think Hunt's a pos who I wouldn't go near as an owner, but if a team decides to give him another chance then so be it.  I felt the same way about Vick.  

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Your opinion (or anyone else's) really doesn't matter.

It's funny but the owner of the Chiefs Clark Hunt is the one who ultimately makes the decisions.

He is part of football royalty.

How do you think he tells his wife and daughters to just forget about it?

KC OWNER Clark_Hunt__family.jpg

That's within his purview at the owner. Hunt will recover and resume his career elsewhere in the NFL.  You can shed tears for the innocent damsel. 

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Had this been 20 years ago, I would agree with you, but in this day and age with video evidence everywhere and the politically correct response to everything that happens, this could be a death penalty scenario.

Just now, Shortchaz said:

I understand why TMZ uses the word, I just don’t understand how a reasonable person (legal definition) would come to that conclusion after watching the video. 

I mean, it’s a semantics argument, but it speaks volumes about ones interpretation of the video. 

Brutal/brutalize implies some sort of savagery associated with the assault. I Just didn’t see that, nor can I see how one would come to that conclusion. Any clarification would be useful in helping my understanding. 

Uh..  because TMZ is sensational journalism to the point where it almost seems like the Onion headlines?

TMZ is the world's punching bag of journalism that's why it's ironic they got this video. The headline doesn't matter. Hunt looks like an ***hole and the Chiefs and NFL know it.