Chiefs release Kareem Hunt after video from February incident surfaces

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wppete said:

The big Question is did KC and the NFL know about this incident and video prior to this season? 

Had to, but we won't ever know that. They know everything. They base everything on public perception. They waited for this to drop. They already know what they will do. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So if your ex is on ground, unarmed, you are okay with kicking her.

Because that's what I watched, and that seems to be what you're defending. Literally kicking a woman while she's down.

Thats exaggerating a bit though.  I am in no way condoning his actions on the kick, but that was way more like a shove with his foot in a "get out of here" type move than a kick to assault and cause bodily harm.  Again, I am not saying its ok, just saying the extent of this "kick" is being exaggerated a bit around here and in the article.  

I do agree, its his most damning part in the video, but also I don't see some sort of major assault move there at all.  Should he have done it...no, I agree with that.  But its not what some are making it out to be either.

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Had to, but we won't ever know that. They know everything. They base everything on public perception. They waited for this to drop. They already know what they will do. 

Yes it was known before the 2018 season began

It's tricky - Most teams don't want foster, yet he was claimed by the redskins.  I understand that there's a redemption and rehabilitation factor that you cannot discount, however at the same time it's an incredibly public job and public perception can cost you as an owner/league money.  Him being in the league does not make the league more money - however i do think his bad publicity could cost them money.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats exaggerating a bit though.  I am in no way condoning his actions on the kick, but that was way more like a shove with his foot in a "get out of here" type move than a kick to assault and cause bodily harm.  Again, I am not saying its ok, just saying the extent of this "kick" is being exaggerated a bit around here and in the article.  

I do agree, its his most damning part in the video, but also I don't see some sort of major assault move there at all.  Should he have done it...no, I agree with that.  But its not what some are making it out to be either.

It's not really about how hard or gentle, it's about the act. That's what people are missing. The act is clear as day. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes it was known before the 2018 season began

NFL didn't want this video out. Gauranteed. 

There is a video of Evander Kane also. Never released for whatever reason. Pegula bucks? 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

The most damaging part of the video is the amount of times he is pushed away and the time inbetween that and the bulldozer. That’s a bad look. You can’t tackle a woman. He had multiple chance to gain his composure and walk away.

weed must have been laced....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The most damaging part of the video is the amount of times he is pushed away and the time inbetween that and the bulldozer. That’s a bad look. You can’t tackle a woman. He had multiple chance to gain his composure and walk away.

He didn't tackle her. The girl pushed that guy into hunt and hunt pushed him back. 

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So there are certain ways to kick an unarmed woman on the ground that are okay? 

And look, I saw her going after him. I saw her pushing him. The answer is to walk away 100% of the time. If she persists, go to the police. Something. Anything. But don't touch the girl, and DON'T kick her...lightly or otherwise...when she's down.

What the hell, people?

I suppose you had missed my other post:

Oh I fully agree he should NOT have done this. It doesn't mean it was a "real kick". Shove is indeed more accurate. But that doesn't mean I suddenly approve it because it's a shove, after all he did too. But degrees, are they so hard to understand? This is bad, but certainly not "Ray Rice level" kind of bad.

You know, we can agree on almost everything but for me considering it a shove while for you it's vile kick.  Nuances and degrees exist. 

And if you don't notice, she kept going after him, even after the initial shove by Hunt. Now, I'm not saying she was actually a physical threat to him at all, she could have been just a loudmouth annoyance. But when you write "
If she persists, go to the police. Something. Anything. But don't touch the girl". Really? If she had kept pressing on he had to wait for the police? Her woman-status gives her endless immunity? Again we seem to agree on what we saw, Hunt was overboard. I just don't get you guys putting women on angelic pedestals. and BTW police would do nothing, unless they arrest you as she would accuse you of violence - and that is if ever they arrive in time!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

My view as well.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It shouldn't be a question of whether it's a major assault move. You just don't do that to a woman. No matter what. He had multiple opportunties to walk away, and he chose not to.

He should get canned from the league, but he won't. Again, if Michael Vick can get a multi-million dollar deal after hanging dogs from trees and holding their heads in buckets of water to drown them, I'm sure Kareem is bound for the Pro Bowl this year.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Lol. You can’t be serious. 

I thought he was trolling, too. But he's not.

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

You know, we can agree on almost everything but for me considering it a shove while for you it's vile kick.  Nuances and degrees exist. 

I never said it was a vile kick, but I will say everything he did was vile. One can only imagine what he would have done in private.

22 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hunt destroyed them both. Watch closely. Hunt is one powerful dude. He pushed the guy and girl to the ground. Then kicked her. 

I don’t think he pushed either of them the second time honestly. It looks like he’s just trying to break free from whoever was holding him back and that was bringing his momentum towards the hallway. Then the woman pushes his friend backwards and the two of them happened to collide. And since the guy was already off balance, it made him stumble into the woman who was then knocked over since she had her back turned at that point.

Hunt obviously initially pushed her before he was restrained and obviously lightly kicked her at the end, but most physical part of the altercation looks like it was an accident to me. If you slow the video down, it doesn’t look like he’s even looking at his friend or the woman when he knocks them over, and it doesn’t really make sense that he would want to push his own friend anyways (though nothing about this whole thing really makes logical sense to begin with).

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

He believes a 130lb women is capable of pushing a 240lb RB into a another huge guy into a women, knocking the man and women woozy. Sign Her now. 

I suspect he'll be back soon to explain why the woman getting pushed around like that is good if the Bills can somehow send Shady to the Chiefs for a second.

Hunt's behavior did not rise to the level of what Ray  Rice did. However, Rice's behavior shouldn't be any kind of a "standard." Hunt was no victim here. He is a grown man, an NFL athlete, with an entourage around him, and was never in any physical danger from this woman. She was certainly aggressive; but, Hunt had every opportunity to just walk in his room, close the door, and call hotel security or the police. He didn't do that. Instead he chose to be physically aggressive in response. Did he inflict serious bodily harm? No. However, I am not certain he wouldn't have had he not been restrained. IMO, what he did, while not resulting in any serious consequences, crossed the line. He should be suspended.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, wppete said:

The big Question is did KC and the NFL know about this incident and video prior to this season? 

KC spoke to the media about this in the off-season, so they at least knew about the incident. There’s been reports saying they both did and did not know about the video but I imagine they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

*picks up Spencer Ware on waiver wire*

I gave up fantasy football a long time ago because by week five or six I'd always forget to set my lineups and it became more of a chore than fun... 

Anyways, don't they still have Charcandrick West? Thought I saw him get some carries in the Rams game the other week. Not sure if he's RB2 or RB3 tho.

Oh, and this behavior from Hunt is disgusting. Kid should sit out the rest of the year for it.

Edited by blacklabel