Is Vander Eshe to Edmunds the same as Juju to Zay

Teddy KGB

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You missed the play this week when he came from half way across the field and stone cold stopped a screen play short on a third down.

That's just one such play.

But go on, continue your narrative by ALL means. Maybe try watching the games, though.

He is good going sideways. A poster here went into depth after the draft how they though he would end up playing outside. From what he has shown so far that might be a better fit for him.

To the posters saying they don’t play the same position, do some research. He lines up everywhere. He is 6’4 256, 5 minutes of looking around and you can see highlights of him crashing the party from the MIKE position. 

Edmunds had a better 40 time that makes his ceiling higher lol, gotta love it.

Edmunds didn’t participate in the 3 cone or shuttles, he did the broad jump 9’9, LVE 10’3.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

He is good going sideways. A poster here went into depth after the draft how they though he would end up playing outside. From what he has shown so far that might be a better fit for him.

To the posters saying they don’t play the same position, do some research. He lines up everywhere. He is 6’4 256, 5 minutes of looking around and you can see highlights of him crashing the party from the MIKE position. 

Everybody wants to keep pushing him outside

How about letting him learn the position

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Heck we passed on Jim Kelly once too. 

I watched a special on Jimbo and it was clever to pick the tight end knowing Kelly or Marino would be available with the Bills 2nd 1st round pick. Too bad the TE pick wasn't as successful. Kelly thought he was clear of Buffalo after the TE pick, only to be told we have another pick coming up. He cried when we picked him.

Edited by Dopey

55 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ummm...Allen, Edmunds, Lawson. All players that needed time due to development or injury. Yup, White had a good rookie year. 1 of the last 4 1st rounders that did. 

Incidentally, he's also the one picked latest in the 1st round of the 4 which goes to show draft position isn't always the most important thing.

You were expecting Josh Allen to be an instant success?

Just now, Dopey said:

I watched a special on Jimbo and it was clever to pick the tight end knowing Kelly or Marino would be available with the Bills 2nd 1st round pick. Too bad the TE pick wasn't as successful.

Yeah Tony Hunter was a mega bust. Of course he didn't play with Kelly since Jimbo held out two years before coming here. One has to wonder if things be different if went Hunter/Marino.

• Like (+1) 1

After a Rocky start Edumonds has played at an above average starting caliber level. He is 19 and raw coming out of college and he already is playing like a solid starter. Vander Eshe is playing like a pro-bowler right out of the gate. I think that in 2 years time both players will be tops at their position and the Bills will not regret the move. 

Edited by billsfan89

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Edmund's ceiling is something like an Urlacher. His size and speed combination is ridiculous. He is so young and I think he has played pretty tremendously conisdering all of the responsibilities he has. That third down stop when he covered Fournette out of the backfield and stoned him, there are probably just one or two guys in the league who could do that at none of them are 6-5, 250. 

LVE is playing well. He reminds of a young AJ Hawk before the injuries. 

You guys want AJ Hawk or Brian Urlacher? 

LVE's season this year is better than any Hawk ever had. Hawk was decent in his rookie campaign, but even in his best seasons was really never better than a mild disappointment. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Only an idiot would say that he isn't good.

He's made some amazing plays out there, and if you're saying he isn't good, you have an agenda. Period.

He's not good this year. He's OK - at best. He has a high ceiling, but so did Aaron Curry.

54 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No. I said once in a while it would be nice to get the guy that has instant success. Instant gratification. Doesn't mean they will be the better player in 3 years. 

We do get them

Dawkins was good immediately....so was Tre....Taron......Milano in his first year.....shoot nearly this whole past draft is looking pretty good right now.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

LVE's season this year is better than any Hawk ever had. Hawk was decent in his rookie campaign, but even in his best seasons was really never better than a mild disappointment. 

He's not good this year. He's OK - at best. He has a high ceiling, but so did Aaron Curry.

In the game he was out we missed him badly

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Definitely.

An unexpected surprise for sure. Although he did have a good East-West game, and hew was a smaller school player to watch for.

I just wonder if Taron Johnson will ever be a real starting corner in this league or is he a permanent nickel back?

I think Taron is a nickel. I don't think he is an outside corner. Then you come to question of is nickel a starter and can you pay to keep a nickel? 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

We do get them

Dawkins was good immediately....so was Tre....Taron......Milano in his first year.....shoot nearly this whole past draft is looking pretty good right now.

In the game he was out we missed him badly

He has had some bad games, John. Like I said, the upside potential is great, but the proof will be in the pudding. I am hopeful and I like him. The knock on him, though, was always instinct, and bad instincts have ruined many a talented LB's career. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

He has had some bad games, John. Like I said, the upside potential is great, but the proof will be in the pudding. I am hopeful and I like him. The knock on him, though, was always instinct, and bad instincts have ruined many a talented LB's career. 

Rookies are going to have bad games.....the other LB that is being touted here (Esh?) didnt even start the season and plays in a position that is not as difficult to play as Edmunds.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The irony of what he said is quite overwhelming. He compared Edmunds to Urlacher and LVE to Hawk. Whelp.

Brian Urlacher himself spoke about LVE because of the frequent comparisons and how the only thing he needed to do was learn the NFL terminology because he has everything else. Same size and both played in the Mountain West, google Urlacher and Leighton. 

Cowherd said LVE was the best linebacker in the NFL today. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Rookies are going to have bad games.....the other LB that is being touted here (Esh?) didnt even start the season and plays in a position that is not as difficult to play as Edmunds.

Clueless. He plays inside and out, already told you that. Keep making up stuff. 

It’s not the end of the world that a better player was available. The Bills have gotten better at drafting, it does serve a lesson about trading up. How do you think Bears fans feel about Roquan? I’m sure some of them also see LVE and say ahhh shucks. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

There was a question about Edmund’s instincts coming out of college (at the ripe old age of 19), so add in a change of position and that steepens the learning curve. I think his floor is very good, and his ceiling is ridiculous! 

Yeah, his ceiling is nuts. And instincts/recognition are something he still needs to develop. He's so athletic that he's just always leaned on his physical gifts to make up for any lapses on the mental side of the game. He's definitely coachable so I assume they've been working with him a lot on his diagnosis/recognition skills this season. Kid has tons of potential. His size and speed alone has caused some QBs this season to not even bother looking to throw in a lane that's anywhere near him because of his reach. Combine that with Tre' who has been shutting receivers down all year and the only spot left to look for a QB is one side of the field. That's not too shabby.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Taron is a nickel. I don't think he is an outside corner. Then you come to question of is nickel a starter and can you pay to keep a nickel? 

Given the sheer amount of time we’re in nickel, we can consider it a starting position. It’s our base defense for all intents and purposes. 

Regarding Taron Johnson, even if he can play on the boundary, that’s not where you want him, imo. Given his nose for the ball and ability to force things vs. the run, he needs to be closer to the ball at the snap. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CookieG said:

If he's faster, it isn't by much. At the combine, Edmunds ran a 4.5 as compared to LVE's 4.6

That was one of the things that was the buzz of the combine, how well he was testing.

40" vertical

10' broad jump.

4.0 shuttle

sub 7 second cone drill

Those numbers are very good for any LB and are outstanding for an 6'5" 250+lb linebacker. The only thing that hurt him, if it did, was the rumor that several teams failed him medically. The rumor was denied.

I think both have tremendous upside, LVE just might be getting to his quicker.

.11 is an eternity in the 40

30 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The irony of what he said is quite overwhelming. He compared Edmunds to Urlacher and LVE to Hawk. Whelp.

Brian Urlacher himself spoke about LVE because of the frequent comparisons and how the only thing he needed to do was learn the NFL terminology because he has everything else. Same size and both played in the Mountain West, google Urlacher and Leighton. 

Cowherd said LVE was the best linebacker in the NFL today. 

Clueless. He plays inside and out, already told you that. Keep making up stuff. 

It’s not the end of the world that a better player was available. The Bills have gotten better at drafting, it does serve a lesson about trading up. How do you think Bears fans feel about Roquan? I’m sure some of them also see LVE and say ahhh shucks. 

Clueless?  You must be talking about yourself....did he or did he NOT START THE SEASON

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Leighton Vander Esch was 22 on draft day.

Tremaine Edmunds was 19.

I'm not taking anything away from LVE. He looks great. Tremaine hasn't been a slouch, either. Just in the Jags game alone, he tipped a ball in a key moment, allowing Poyer to intercept it. It's not as if he hasn't been making plays, too.

Let's just see after two or three years, who has turned out to be the best pick. Judging this matter 12 games in -- especially when one of the guys just turned 20 years old -- is silly.

The rookie contract length is the same regardless of age.