11-27: Bills' Player Workouts

26CornerBlitz

Does anyone think Shaq gets suspended or Murphy is going to out all season? 

Smith is relatively interesting as a former first round pick, but hasn't quite done anything in the NFL. When he was released Carroll talked about some personal issues the guy was having. I dunno.  

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Smith is relatively interesting as a former first round pick, but hasn't quite done anything in the NFL. When he was released Carroll talked about some personal issues the guy was having. I dunno.  

Did Murphy get hurt last week?  Had 38 snaps/54% last week coming off of an injury.  I

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

No suspension for Shaq as it would have already happened.  Doesn't hurt to look at DEs like Smith and Moore since injuries can pop up at any time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Or to put this news in plain Coach Speak: "Everyday we look at how we can continue to make our roster better, as an organization committed to improvement wherever and whenever possible. As you know [insert reporter name here], I regularly sit down with Brandon, and we take a collaborative approach, as we always have, to reviewing our options along these lines. From our ownership on down, there's never really an off-season for evaluating talent, and even during the season, there are outside opportunities that we have to take advantage of and make sure that our drive to sustained success is constantly maintained and kept of paramount priority. With that said, I cannot comment on specific players or roster decisions as they occur, as the process is ongoing and any final decisions will be made public in due course."

Have I missed anything or is that about what we can expect if these tidbits come up at the next presser?

Just now, PittsforDave said:

He’s a Whaley hold over. McBeane re signed him and cut him again just to spite him. 

I think Corey Carter would have had every opportunity to win the job had he not been injured in the pre-season. I'm excited (as as excited as you can be about a punter I guess) to see how he fares next season.

4 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I think Corey Carter would have had every opportunity to win the job had he not been injured in the pre-season. I'm excited (as as excited as you can be about a punter I guess) to see how he fares next season.

Each of the two Corey's will have a chance to boot the other.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hard to believe Damontre "Da' Monster" Moore just turned 26 in September.........he's been getting kicked off teams around the league since being drafted as a 20 year old in 2013.

At one time(about the same time people were debating whether Matt Barkley or Logan Thomas would go #1 overall) Moore was considered a potentially bigger/better prospect than former Texas A&M teammate Von Miller...........not that he's still not close to Von Miller......... I think he sleeps on his couch and cleans his chicken coop to pay rent.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hard to believe Damontre "Da' Monster" Moore just turned 26 in September.........he's been getting kicked off teams around the league since being drafted as a 20 year old in 2013.

At one time(about the same time people were debating whether Matt Barkley or Logan Thomas would go #1 overall) Moore was considered a potentially bigger/better prospect than former Texas A&M teammate Von Miller...........not that he's still not close to Von Miller......... I think he sleeps on his couch and cleans his chicken coop to pay rent.

Yup

Moore was a top-5 "lock" at one point 

6 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont understand why people seem upset over Schmidt being cut again. He is a very consistently below average punter

I don't know why we even resigned him. There are actually pretty good free agent punters available. 

Think people are just confused. Especially after how Schmidt played against the Jags. He was awesome. And that one punt he downed at the 1 yard line was terrific.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I don't know why we even resigned him. There are actually pretty good free agent punters available. 

Think people are just confused. Especially after how Schmidt played against the Jags. He was awesome. And that one punt he downed at the 1 yard line was terrific.

I'm confused by this.  Do you like him or not?

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Or to put this news in plain Coach Speak: "Everyday we look at how we can continue to make our roster better, as an organization committed to improvement wherever and whenever possible. As you know [insert reporter name here], I regularly sit down with Brandon, and we take a collaborative approach, as we always have, to reviewing our options along these lines. From our ownership on down, there's never really an off-season for evaluating talent, and even during the season, there are outside opportunities that we have to take advantage of and make sure that our drive to sustained success is constantly maintained and kept of paramount priority. With that said, I cannot comment on specific players or roster decisions as they occur, as the process is ongoing and any final decisions will be made public in due course."

Have I missed anything or is that about what we can expect if these tidbits come up at the next presser?

Edited by co_springs_billsfan
Mistake

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

41 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Well, you were correct...

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This probably belongs in the embarrassing sports take thread but I thought he was going to be an elite pass rusher. I honestly, got a little excited when I saw Moore on this list. Da Monster was a double-digit sack guy imo. 

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This probably belongs in the embarrassing sports take thread but I thought he was going to be an elite pass rusher. I honestly, got a little excited when I saw Moore on this list. Da Monster was a double-digit sack guy imo. 

He's a beast physically.     And he's not a criminal or anything but he just has deep rooted personality/maturity issues.    I remember hearing stories about scouts in the lead up to the draft who were astounded by the undisciplined environment he grew up in and how immature he was.   The fact that any team is still giving him looks reflects how well regarded his physical talent was though.    

Murphy looked really hampered Sunday...........wouldn't be surprised to see him go to IR soon and someone else signed for depth.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I don't like him but the timing of his release seems off... Why release him after one of his better games? Or why even bring him back in the first place?

We should have signed Drew Kaser... We worked him out earlier this season when Corey was struggling.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's a beast physically.     And he's not a criminal or anything but he just has deep rooted personality/maturity issues.    I remember hearing stories about scouts in the lead up to the draft who were astounded by the undisciplined environment he grew up in and how immature he was.   The fact that any team is still giving him looks reflects how well regarded his physical talent was though.    

Murphy looked really hampered Sunday...........wouldn't be surprised to see him go to IR soon and someone else signed for depth.

i was looking for him and his stunts weren't working against the right side of that jags oline. i still think he can make a huge difference, but if he can't go, i'd like to see them bring up mike love and give him a few snaps.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He has been hobbling all season. They should have IR'd him weeks ago. If he wasn't one of their bigger name offseason pickups I'm sure they would have done. He hasn't been healthy at all.