Kyle Williams & Lorenzo Alexanders Future ?

T master

At the end of this year there will be a bunch of open spots on the Bills roster & more than likely a real good possibility of the need for veteran leadership in some areas of the team . There will also be 2 vets that could hang it up them being Kyle & Lorenzo .

I was wondering what Bills fans think should McBean & company bring Kyle & Zo back (or at least offer a contract) next year if they would like to continue to play especially seeing as they are both still contributing at a high level & the Bills have the cap room next year to do so .

Kyle has become my all time favorite Buffalo Bill the last few years seeing as he has chosen to stay in Buffalo when he could have went some where else & didn't & the guy is just the ultimate Buffalo Bill he leaves his guts on the field every game & he is loyal to the Bills & no other & one of the best leaders they have seen in a long time !!

To add to that after seeing his reaction last year when the Bengals won & put the Bills in the play offs for Kyles first time how could you have watched that & not route for that guy ? Just saying !!

Then there is Lorenzo the dud e just keeps brining it every game like Kyle i think it would be a good thing for the team to bring them back so they could possibly experience the play offs one more time for all they have given to the team !! 

So What do you all think should they bring them back or not ?? 

They are old enough that it won’t matter to me either way. By next year I don’t expect either would remain healthy for another full 16 games and if they did it most of it would be played at replacement level.

Lorax and Kyle both should be offered a coaching/mentor position. They represent the culture that it takes to win. 

• Like (+1) 3

Alexander is someone I love and hate.  I hate that he is missed on the field when he's not playing but love the way he plays though I hate that he has to play.  He's not particularly good (of course, IMO) but he seldom makes mistakes.  When he avoids the mistakes he can make plays unless he is overmatched or physically unable.  But he uses his head/smarts to overcome these things and is Steve Tasker of the linebackers.

Kyle Williams is as good as any backup DT in the league.  For that reason alone he is worth keeping on a rotational basis but I'd be real likely to draft a DT as early as the second on BPA.

If both come back so be it. This team has needs and those needs are already at LB and DT.  Leaders will come out on their own.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 4

I'd be stunned if Lorax was not back next year. This is just year 3 of his ultra-late bloom and I'd imagine he'd want to keep it rolling as long as he can play anything near the level he did in 2016 and has again since late in 2017. Kyle feels slightly different as over 10 years as a starter has to take a toll, but given he has not fallen off much, I have to think he'll want to stick it out a couple more years in hopes of seeing this incarnation bear fruit. 

And have a hard time seeing the Bills not taking them back, since they have no shortage of cap space and the two are about as archetypal McD "Process" guys as you can get.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Alexander is someone I love and hate.  I hate that he is missed on the field when he's not playing but love the way he plays.  He's not particularly good (of course, IMO) but he seldom makes mistakes.  When he avoids the mistakes he can make plays unless he is overmatched or physically unable.  But he uses his head/smarts to overcome these things and is Steve Tasker of the linebackers.

Kyle Williams is as good as any backup DT in the league.  For that reason alone he is worth keeping on a rotational basis but I'd be real likely to draft a DT as early as the second on BPA.

If both come back so be it. This team has needs and those needs are already at LB and DT.  Leaders will come out on their own.

I'd agree with this. They need to plan for their departures regardless because you never know, but I think both are still valuable as rotational players and as leaders. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I was a betting man....

I think Lorax comes back.

I think Kyle retires.  

Yeah.  Would love to see how Kyle feels and where he thinks this team is at next year, but I believe that is accurate.

I believe Lorax will be the Teppo Numminen of the Bills...at least for next year just signing a one year deal and see where it goes.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah.  Would love to see how Kyle feels and where he thinks this team is at next year, but I believe that is accurate.

I believe Lorax will be the Teppo Numminen of the Bills...at least for next year just signing a one year deal and see where it goes.

If Allen lights it up in the last 5 games, then I could see Williams coming back.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Allen lights it up in the last 5 games, then I could see Williams coming back.  

Royale, call me crazy, but that is why I believe that winning can be more important than just a few draft positions (and I have no problem with those who disagree with me).

If we go 8-8 or (crazy) 9-7?!   If Allen goes 7-4 or 8-3?!  Man, what that would mean to some of what happens in the off season and this team's potential for next year.

Skinner had a no trade clause...why the hell did he waive?      Eichel and the potential.

Maybe some free agents will think the same thing.

Again, just my opinion.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I would sign both to a one year contract if possible with a generous signing bonus. They earned it. 

in an ideal world, this. If they want to play and accept a low base salary plus incentives, keep'em for sure. It would be awesome for them to experience the turn around of the team.

It depends as much on them as the team. As backups they would still be good and bring their immense knowledge and leadership. Some vets like this to continue on playing, some prefer to retire.

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to have them both back.

They are both playing good football this year, and their value as leaders is without question.

We still need to get another linebacker to eventually replace Alexander, so it would be even more beneficial to keep him.

I could easily see Alexander wanting to come back again next year. I think Kyle has a 50-50 chance of returning, but after last Sunday, and watching Kyle constantly getting fired up out there, I would not be surprised one bit if he returned for next season.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, T master said:

At the end of this year there will be a bunch of open spots on the Bills roster & more than likely a real good possibility of the need for veteran leadership in some areas of the team . There will also be 2 vets that could hang it up them being Kyle & Lorenzo .

I was wondering what Bills fans think should McBean & company bring Kyle & Zo back (or at least offer a contract) next year if they would like to continue to play especially seeing as they are both still contributing at a high level & the Bills have the cap room next year to do so .

Kyle has become my all time favorite Buffalo Bill the last few years seeing as he has chosen to stay in Buffalo when he could have went some where else & didn't & the guy is just the ultimate Buffalo Bill he leaves his guts on the field every game & he is loyal to the Bills & no other & one of the best leaders they have seen in a long time !!

To add to that after seeing his reaction last year when the Bengals won & put the Bills in the play offs for Kyles first time how could you have watched that & not route for that guy ? Just saying !!

Then there is Lorenzo the dud e just keeps brining it every game like Kyle i think it would be a good thing for the team to bring them back so they could possibly experience the play offs one more time for all they have given to the team !! 

So What do you all think should they bring them back or not ?? 

Great post with great discussion!

39 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They are old enough that it won’t matter to me either way. By next year I don’t expect either would remain healthy for another full 16 games and if they did it most of it would be played at replacement level.

Lorax and Kyle both should be offered a coaching/mentor position. They represent the culture that it takes to win. 

This is common sense?  They both can still play and have remained healthy all season.  Who expects to be considered a cripple or replacement next year because their a year older?

• Like (+1) 1