Pegula Sports & Entertainment Hires CAA ICON to Conduct a Feasibility Study for a Potential New Bills Stadium or Major Renovations to New Era Field

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Nice.  Go the low cost Reno route a la KC and get everyone off our backs.  

KC was not "low cost" tax payers spent $375 million which is around 1/2 the cost of a new stadium. It still is really expensive and that was in 2010 dollars.

Is a place that will be used 8 times a year really that beneficial to the downtown area?  How much of a boost would these local places get from 8 busy Sundays give or take?  What concerts are going to 70k seat stadiums in dtown Buffalo?  It would be an eye sore and ghost town for 99% of the year..

Renovate or rebuild in OP.

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Truthfully, we need a new stadium and it needs to be located near the downtown area. OP is just a pain in the Butt to get to, especially in the winter time. I can envision a new stadium located downtown that has rail access coming in from multiple directions. That's the Ticket ;)

I cant even begin to imagine the cluster of trying to get around downtown during a Bills game.  The congestion during a Sabres game is already brutal.  OP may be a little bit of a drive, but at the very least you have wide roadways.  

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

This has been known for decades, at least. That fact will not make a damn bit of difference on the outcome and rarely, if ever has. Stadiums are not a money maker for a locale, and nobody really thinks that they are. 

When it comes to taxpayer funded sites, they’re definitely not money makers. But the owner does just fine. 

Let me get this straight...Terry and Kim are going to pay a consultant to ask fans what they think, when they could go to anyone of a MILLION threads on the topic and read the feedback for free?

What's the definition of a Consultant?  "Someone from out of town!"...or..."Someone who borrows your watch to tell what time it is!"

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The most likely outcome if a renovation to NEF does not happen.

Why spend money in OP when our market is NORTH of the border? This stadium will likely be built closer to Buffalo Niagara so that they can tap the almighty Canadian dollar.  It's our only chance of long term survival.

They sure as hell will not be building in OP to maintain tailgating.

Edited by buffalobillsfootball

11 minutes ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Why spend money in OP when our market is NORTH of the border? This stadium will likely be built closer to Buffalo Niagara so that we can try to tap the almighty Canadian dollar.  It's our only chance at survival.

I agree with your logic in large part but infrastructure will be key in this and however awkward some of it is in OP at least it is there.  The downtown contingent overlooks that by many estimates it will take over 100M to do the upgrades to make a stadium practical and usable there.  Further, these same people moan "the state will have to pick up the cost of eminent domain, new roads, utilities, parking, etc." and in my mind that is wishful thinking and no more than that.  Up off I-90 near Clarence would provide a "clean sheet" if you will for the associated costs and have fewer lawyers to move aside or be bought off.  You are right in that long term the Bills will have to court big money from outside Erie County which would include Ontario and those patrons might be more interested in a quick in and out versus an entertainment district that can be accessed by foot.

Edited by RochesterRob

12 minutes ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Why spend money in OP when our market is NORTH of the border? This stadium will likely be built closer to Buffalo Niagara so that they can tap the almighty Canadian dollar.  It's our only chance of long term survival.

An NFL game is an all-day event.  15-20 minutes of extra driving is inconsequential.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I agree with your logic in large part but infrastructure will be key in this and however awkward some of it is in OP at least it is there.  The downtown contingent overlooks that by many estimates it will take over 100M to do the upgrades to make a stadium practical and usable there.  Further, these same people moan "the state will have to pick up the cost of eminent domain, new roads, utilities, parking, etc. and in my mind that is wishful thinking and no more than that.  Up off I-90 near Clarence would provide a "clean sheet" if you will for the associated costs and have fewer lawyers to move aside or be bought off.  You are right in that long term the Bills will have to court big money from outside Erie County which would include Ontario and those patrons might be more interested in a quick in and out versus an entertainment district that can be accessed by foot.

Yes, infrastructure will need to be updated and enhanced but let's not forget the population of the City of Buffalo was 580,000 at one time.  The City is now 261,000.   The infrastructure is there.

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight...Terry and Kim are going to pay a consultant to ask fans what they think, when they could go to anyone of a MILLION threads on the topic and read the feedback for free?

What's the definition of a Consultant?  "Someone from out of town!"...or..."Someone who borrows your watch to tell what time it is!"

They may have checked here first, then decided it was well worth it to pay someone to sift through all our crap???   ?

10 minutes ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Yes, infrastructure will need to be updated and enhanced but let's not forget the population of the City of Buffalo was 580,000 at one time.  The City is now 261,000.   The infrastructure is there.

The existing infrastructure in downtown Buffalo will be of minimal use for a stadium and support features.  The road ways are not designed to handle tens of thousands of cars in a couple hour period twice a day on a Sunday among other things.  Catching a bus, train, or subway is pure fantasy at this point.

4 hours ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Hands off. That is only to be used by Brian Higgins. 

Rail lines?  Right. 

I mean, the metro already runs to KBC with a planned short extension to D&L. Like they did with the special events station, if a new downtown stadium was built (which would probably be somewhere in the Cobblestone/OFW/Larkin area), the NFTA would scrape together the pennies to get a station built to it.

They can’t afford to get escalators working or to hire someone to clean the stations but they’d find a way for that.

Edited by eanyills

This is the town that couldn’t figure out how to put a fishing shop in the city so I have always been a sceptical of a 70,000+ stadium. I could be wrong and it might be different with the Pegulas but still it just seems there would be way to much red tape ( the ole environmental study delays) to ever get a project like that off the ground.