Best Cornerback in the Game!

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I say he is in the top 3.  Definitely a shut down corner and a fantastic player. 

The dancing behind the ref was pretty dumb, especially with the call on us. 

I get it, some of you guys like that stuff, there is more showboating in this league than ever.  If the already over-officious refs tacked on an unsportsmanlike penalty that would have been real bad. 

Guess I am a bit old-school too Bob, I like players to be enthusiastic but worry about players that cannot get enough attention - usually goes too far. My hope is that White keeps it fun, but gains the maturity to know when to reign it in a bit before it hurts the team in a crucial situation.

Also, I have always liked that kind of classy "act like you have been there before" attitude when you score or defend a pass. Kind of tells the world this isn't your first rodeo and "yes I will defend every pass thrown my way" nothing special to this no-fly zone. We have a lot of youth on this team, McDermott will certainly have his hands full trying to find the balance of enthusiasm and fun, but not letting it devolve into a circus of needy, attention-*****.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I say he is in the top 3.  Definitely a shut down corner and a fantastic player. 

I get it, some of you guys like that stuff, there is more showboating in this league than ever.  If the already over-officious refs tacked on an unsportsmanlike penalty that would have been real bad. 

Do you end all your conversations with "get off my lawn?"

If we want to have a serious conversation about who the best corners in the league are then let's have it. 

I think there are 4 guys who have proven it over a period of years and are not showing any signs of slowing down: Patrick Peterson (yes I know Arizona suck but he is still playing excellent ball); Chris Harris Jnr (can play inside or outside and is a true playmaker); Darius Slay (a bit like Peterson his team sucks but he is still elite); and Case Hayward (in the conversation for most underrated player in the league). To me that is my undisputed top 4. Just below them I have the Jaguars two who haven't quite hit the heights of 2016 and 2017 (Bouye played the first of those in Houston) when they were elite but they are still playing at a high level. 

So that gets you to 6. I think you can then make a genuine case for Tre White and Marshon Lattimore who were outstanding rookies and are having really good second seasons. Equally you can make a case that while both Richard Sherman and Josh Norman have started to show signs of decline they have earned the benefit of the doubt for their prolonged performance in the league. 

The other name I will throw into the mix is going to be even less popular than Ramsey.... Stefon Gilmore is playing outstanding ball for New England at the moment and is in that top 10 conversation. 

EDIT: I should also give a mention to Jaire Alexander who is having an excellent rookie season. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tre White is awesome.  Hard to say he is the best but he is really up there.  It also shows that having a great CB means really nothing in today’s nfl.  A bunch of the best ones are in terrible teams - Peterson, Ramsey/ Bouye, slay. 

When have the Bills NOT had a terrific cornerback, and what has that gotten them?

Honestly, Tre is without question top 3 in NFL right now, and there isn’t a lot separating the guys in the top 3 either, they are all elite.  

Who cares how someone would rank them really anyway, it’s all opinion and subjective.  But I will say this, Tre is ELITE and he’s a sensational teammate and locker room guy too.  There is not a DB in the NFL I would trade him for straight up for.  Not saying others are not elite too, but Tre is not only Elite he is the perfect guy for this team.

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I don't mind the TD celebrations and any between the plays fun antics.  I think it goes a long way, as far as entertainment is concerned.

But I was not pleased to see a Bills player dancing behind the ref like that.  It was unprofessional and just plain stupid.  He should have been flagged and he should be fined.  And if McDermott didn't have a conversation with him about it, then he's not doing his job.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we want to have a serious conversation about who the best corners in the league are then let's have it. 

I think there are 4 guys who have proven it over a period of years and are not showing any signs of slowing down: Patrick Peterson (yes I know Arizona suck but he is still playing excellent ball); Chris Harris Jnr (can play inside or outside and is a true playmaker); Darius Slay (a bit like Peterson his team sucks but he is still elite); and Case Hayward (in the conversation for most underrated player in the league). To me that is my undisputed top 4. Just below them I have the Jaguars two who haven't quite hit the heights of 2016 and 2017 (Bouye played the first of those in Houston) when they were elite but they are still playing at a high level. 

So that gets you to 6. I think you can then make a genuine case for Tre White and Marshon Lattimore who were outstanding rookies and are having really good second seasons. Equally you can make a case that while both Richard Sherman and Josh Norman have started to show signs of decline they have earned the benefit of the doubt for their prolonged performance in the league. 

The other name I will throw into the mix is going to be even less popular than Ramsey.... Stefon Gilmore is playing outstanding ball for New England at the moment and is in that top 10 conversation. 

EDIT: I should also give a mention to Jaire Alexander who is having an excellent rookie season. 

Good post, however I disagree greatly on where you put Tre.  He’s firmly entrenched now in the top 3 IMO.   Most the guys you listed ahead of him are not playing better than him.  I get your point on longevity, but on field play still matters and Tre is performing as a top 3 corner.  And the separation in top 3 is minimal IMHO.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Im just glad we have one of them