Best Cornerback in the Game!

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good post, however I disagree greatly on where you put Tre.  He’s firmly entrenched now in the top 3 IMO.   Most the guys you listed ahead of him are not playing better than him.  I get your point on longevity, but on field play still matters and Tre is performing as a top 3 corner.  And the separation in top 3 is minimal IMHO.  

Which of those 4 guys I consider elite do you think he is playing better than? 

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Im just glad we have one of them

Indeed and we should be. And he is in year 2. Tre White is outstanding. You won't get an argument from me on that. I loved the pick, love the player, think he is going to be one of the best for a very long time.

I think the fans rushing to compare him to Revis or say he is the best in the league are being slightly over the top. He may become the best corner in the league. But I watched 11 of the 13 NFL games played last week. I watch a lot of NFL football that doesn't feature the Bills and there are some other guys playing at an absolutely elite level too. 

That 2017 corner class will go down as the greatest in history I think. Lattimore and White are going to be talked about as two of the premier corners in the league for the next decade and Desmond King, Marlon Humphrey and Adoree Jackson are all legitimate #1 corners too. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Which of those 4 guys I consider elite do you think he is playing better than? 

Honestly all of them.  I admit it’s hard to gauge one vs the other becaus the defense as a whole matters a lot to the success of a DB.  But Tre is taking whole sides of the field away and top WRs out of the game.  I mean he shut down guys like Hopkins that the best guys In the game have struggled to do over his career. 

I know all 4 of those guys are great or better themselves, not knocking them.  But Tre to me is as good as any of them and really having a sensational season despite having to spend a lot of time on the field due to our offensive struggles many times this year.  And he’s always covering the best guy on the other side of the ball.  

Just my 2 cents.  Again, there isn’t a DB currently in the NFL I would trade Tre straight up for.  He’s not only as good as anyone out there already IMO, but he’s a perfect fit for this team and still only in his second year and getting better.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly all of them.  I admit it’s hard to gauge one vs the other becaus the defense as a whole matters a lot to the success of a DB.  But Tre is taking whole sides of the field away and top WRs out of the game.  I mean he shut down guys like Hopkins that the best guys In the game have struggled to do over his career. 

I know all 4 of those guys are great or better themselves, not knocking them.  But Tre to me is as good as any of them and really having a sensational season despite having to spend a lot of time on the field due to our offensive struggles many times this year.  And he’s always covering the best guy on the other side of the ball.  

Just my 2 cents.  Again, there isn’t a DB currently in the NFL I would trade Tre straight up for.  He’s not only as good as anyone out there already IMO, but he’s a perfect fit for this team and still only in his second year and getting better.

I wouldn't trade Tre White straight up for any of them either. He is a 2nd year player, the only guy who can play as long is Lattimore and there is almost nothing between them. 

But I still think those other 4 are playing as well or better. 

At the end of the day I think Tre is brilliant. He is the best player on the Bills but I don't quite think he is top 3 yet. 5th-8th somewhere and still on the upswing. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't trade Tre White straight up for any of them either. He is a 2nd year player, the only guy who can play as long is Lattimore and there is almost nothing between them. 

But I still think those other 4 are playing as well or better. 

At the end of the day I think Tre is brilliant. He is the best player on the Bills but I don't quite think he is top 3 yet. 5th-8th somewhere and still on the upswing. 

Fair enough :)