Allen now 3-2 in games he started & finished with arguably the worse supporting cast in nfl

JerseyBills

Say whatever you want about the kid, but he's a gamer and you can tell he wants to win, BAD. He brings this amazing energy to the offense as a whole and showed huge improvements in his game today. The stats don't tell the whole story in the pass game, he looked much more poised , aware and accurate against the 4th ranked pass D and ran all over them as well. 

The best stat in his young career is he is 3-2 in games he started and finished. All with a below average ol and arguably the worse WR Corp.. He's likely 4-2 imo, if he doesn't get hurt vs Hou. But that injury seems to be a blessing in disguise,as he needed that time to be coached up n work on his difficiencies. 

We're going to be legit contenders next year and beyond, love the way this team has been built , they'll have a TON of flexibility to build  around him , and improve the ol in the upcoming off season. The future looks brighter than it has looked in a LONGGGGGG time!!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

He completed 8 passes and his accuracy is awful. 

What passes showed u his accuracy is awful?  Honest question.  Obviously Allen didnt throw for 300 yards with 4 TDs but I thought he was actually pretty accurate today

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

What passes showed u his accuracy is awful?  Honest question.  Obviously Allen didnt throw for 300 yards with 4 TDs but I thought he was actually pretty accurate today

He had a missed screen that he threw into the dirt. That was really it.  

Everything else was a miscommunication (you could see him and the WR discussing after the play) or a desperation throw/Hail Mary.  

His best throws, aside from the TD, were probably the two conscecutive 3rd down conversions that were called back.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Everything else was a miscommunication (you could see him and the WR discussing after the play) or a desperation throw/Hail Mary.  

His best throws, aside from the TD, were probably the two conscecutive 3rd down conversions that were called back.  

hes-right-you-know-32644960.thumb.png.5f998570eb2015b08015bf4226d1f183.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

He completed 8 passes and his accuracy is awful. 

269 total yards , 2 TD, 0 Turnovers , got the W. Yes , only 8/18 but his accuracy was not horrible by any means and I think 3 big time completions got called back cause of the OL. First game playing with this WR combination. No Clay . And facing the 4th ranked pass D. 

Stats can be misleading alot and today is a perfect example of that

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 11

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The screen was the only one I could think of.  I'm not saying Allen set the world on fire today but I thought his accuracy and decision making were good.

• Like (+1) 4

He's playing exactly like Taylor played and we ran Taylor out of town.  Upside being Allen has a cannon arm and he's a rookie.  If he can settle into the offense and work on his touch passes Allen could easily be like Big Ben.  If he doesn't ever "get it" he could be like Bortles.  I think the coaching will be the difference. 

He was impressive today. 

Sure he ducked one into the ground on an easy screen, but he LEAD his team to a victory. 

And with some of the recent progressions of the TEAM I am not sure it’s the worst supporting cast in the league any longer. 

Today was not a good game as far as the offense playing disciplined football. 

But there are enough weapons out there now to make plays. 

Its nice to get excited for the win, but let’s see if this can string together and get better. 

Today means nothing if next week he’s a deer in headlights and melts down or misses the couple big plays he made today. It’s all about getting better every week. The one thing I give him credit for, he is a leader of men. This group does seem to rally around him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

He's playing exactly like Taylor played and we ran Taylor out of town.  Upside being Allen has a cannon arm and he's a rookie.  If he can settle into the offense and work on his touch passes Allen could easily be like Big Ben.  If he doesn't ever "get it" he could be like Bortles.  I think the coaching will be the difference. 

You are comparing a player who was an 8 year vet to a rookie starting his 4th game and stating they are equal and seem confused on why taylor is gone- allen needs to improve but his floor seems to be taylor.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Stop your crusade.    He’s gone.   

He didnt score 3 points and cost the team the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Allen played very well - little to no signs of rust after not playing in a while, and the deep passes were on the money.

I do have a problem with the widespread sentiment that Allen is somehow doing this all on his own. That’s dumb.