Allen now 3-2 in games he started & finished with arguably the worse supporting cast in nfl

JerseyBills

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod got us to the playoffs with crap stats and same offensive support, but was run out of town.  I agree that he needed to move on, but the argument didn't help

Not the same offense- Ritchie, Eric, and Cordy are all gone- thats over 1/2 of the o-line. 

I am not worried about Allen's completion %.

He either has very young receivers or receivers who aren't going to be here. Plus his OL is well below average in at least three of the five starting positions.

Plus Allen has an aging McCoy, who would rather be on Dancing with the Stars than hitting the line hard when he is running.

Allen is almost out there by himself as a rookie QB. Evaluating him may not be fair right now. Just let him play.

Edited by njbuff

10 hours ago, VW82 said:

Here were his bad throws: behind Zay over the middle on the first series; Ramsey pick that was called back before halftime; one hop throw to Foster mid 3rd q; Thompson over the middle to start 4th on 3rd and 7; quick throw one hop to McKenzie next series; wide way left on the 3rd ad 14 out to Thompson.

So 6 of 21 throws (including the completions and INT called back). You can argue the reversed INT because Ramsey clearly pushed Foster but he also had inside position on the throw. It wasn't great. Allen made a ton of winning plays today but he still needs to work on his accuracy.    

He played about as well as you can against Jacksonville coming back from an elbow injury.  Every QB makes bad throws in the NFL.  He didn't let his bad throws hurt his confidence or the rest of his game.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, this is friggin impressive.

We're 1-5 in games he didn't.

We would likely be holding a Wildcard spot if McDermott just named him the starter in Training Camp like he should have.

I hope Kyle and Lorax come back for one more year to complete the turnaround.

I wouldn't say that.  Our offense was brutal with Allen for most of the year until yesterday.  He was part of the problem with the offensive woes.

9 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Does that "worse" supporting cast include the #2 defense in the NFL or are we not taking them into consideration?

Clearly, the OP was referencing the supporting cast on offense. So, the answer to your question would be no.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

He's playing exactly like Taylor played and we ran Taylor out of town.  Upside being Allen has a cannon arm and he's a rookie.  If he can settle into the offense and work on his touch passes Allen could easily be like Big Ben.  If he doesn't ever "get it" he could be like Bortles.  I think the coaching will be the difference. 

No disrespect, but this both lazy and inaccurate.  He plays literally nothing like Taylor.  You said that just because he makes plays with his legs which is lazy.  Tyrod was a run first QB trying to learn how to be a pocket passer.  Allen is a QB first who uses his legs to hurt the defense when his WRs aren’t open, the OL breaks down, or the coaches call a play to use his legs.

Allen takes every chance, fires the ball even in the tightest window.  Tyrod only took throws that were easy and would look to run if he didn’t have a clear open guy and rarely threw with much anticipation.  Tyrod would take more chances late in games when we were down only because he had no choice, but rest of game he was very risk adverse.

I mean I could go on and on, but there is literally zero similarities in their game, not even remotely comparable.  To say he’s playing exactly like Tyrod is a lazy stat sheet guess and lacks any real perspective or analysis of Josh.