MAC Championship-UB blows 19pt lead, lose 30-29.

PromoTheRobot

This hurt me more than anything the Bills could do. This whole season is too tough to swallow for me

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Well that sucked.  Still a great season but no championship.  Tyree just looked confused in the second half but AJ did have a chance at that deep one late. Just couldn’t reel it in.  Surprised the D got lit up like that.  Still a Bowl game as a reward so I’m gonna enjoy that. Hopefully they play loose and win it

Tyree looks confused to me a lot honestly. He starts scrambling and it seems like he just forgets his progressions. He is so frustrating to me. And that secondary had been lit up like a Christmas tree when they face quality WRs. I was secretly worried we would be ranked somehow and play a wr a la Texas AZ state or other. 

The whole season hinged on the 3 headed running attack and AJ

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

can anyone explain the ineligible man down field that was declined when none of their lineman or mabry passed the los

you Didn’t bother listening to the explanation?

5 minutes ago, noacls said:

3 should leave school now his draft stock will continue to fall without 83 next year

He will just be out of the league in a few years. He isn’t even an NFL backup at this point

He isn’t getting drafted in the top 3 rounds this year so it really doesn’t matter if he gets drafted in The 5th this year or 6th next 

he isnt ready and needs a lot to improve on. I’ve seen every snap of his career , he needs more work and he isn’t ready for The pros 

If he’s serious about a sustained pro career he needs to come back

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He will just be out of the league in a few years. He isn’t even an NFL backup at this point

He isn’t getting drafted in the top 3 rounds this year so it really doesn’t matter if he gets drafted in The 5th this year or 6th next 

he isnt ready and needs a lot to improve on. I’ve seen every snap of his career , he needs more work and he isn’t ready for The pros 

If he’s serious about a sustained pro career he needs to come back

I totally agree.  He has a lot of skill and ability.  He just isn't smart.  He relies too much on his athleticism to get him out of trouble and ends up digging a bigger hole.

He was a better QB right after his knee injury when he couldn’t run around.  He just had to rely on being a pocket QB. Sometime around game 5-6 he started running again and he became really inaccurate but scored a few TDs by scrambling around.  Not sure what it all means.  He just needs to be better and is not NFL ready

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

you Didn’t bother listening to the explanation?

Twice actually. They said he ran a route. Did you watch the play. He stepped back to block and did not run a route. So his explanation was not correct. Leading to me coming here and asking why it was a penalty. 

But thank you for that we'll thought out reply 

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

He was a better QB right after his knee injury when he couldn’t run around.  He just had to rely on being a pocket QB. Sometime around game 5-6 he started running again and he became really inaccurate but scored a few TDs by scrambling around.  Not sure what it all means.  He just needs to be better and is not NFL ready

His dad sat behind us and as expected his mood went from elation to despair in less than a half. I had to hold my tongue a few times to not say something disparaging about his kid.

His play certainly regressed in the latter half of the season. His throws were wild all game and he took some awful sacks.

But mainly I blame Coach Leipold for coasting once the Bulls were up 19. You can tell the guy doesn't trust his players...or maybe he trusts the wrong ones, expecting his defense to hold the fort when they really haven't done so all season.

But applause for the fans who came out. It was a decent turnout, at least twice as many NIU fans who had as long a drive as UB. Let's hope they go balls out in the bowl game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

His dad sat behind us and as expected his mood went from elation to despair in less than a half. I had to hold my tongue a few times to not say something disparaging about his kid.

His play certainly regressed in the latter half of the season. His throws were wild all game and he took some awful sacks.

But mainly I blame Coach Leipold for coasting once the Bulls were up 19. You can tell the guy doesn't trust his players...or maybe he trusts the wrong ones, expecting his defense to hold the fort when they really haven't done so all season.

But applause for the fans who came out. It was a decent turnout, at least twice as many NIU fans who had as long a drive as UB. Let's hope they go balls out in the bowl game.

Agree 100 percent about the second half coaching.

The qb needs to stay another year and learn how to play the position with maturity. Too often he played as if he was in high school where he can overwhelm the defense with his raw talent. It doesn't work that way in college. He's got the raw talent now he has to hone and harness it. 

The Bulls lost all three of their games because their defense was incapable of making stops. Hopefully, that will be addressed next season. 

If you put things in perspective and look back since the beginning of Leipolt's tenure and up to now this program has made tremendous strides. Every year the program gets more and better talent. Without question the trajectory is upwards. 

I apologize in advance for being so blunt, but that was a game coached in the fourth quarter with a game plan of “let’s hope NIU runs out of steam”.

honestly, what a tragedy.  They gave a team they were 0-10 against and highly successful in the MACC one of their most memorable victories of all time,

No “great season” crap.

Shame on somebody.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn’t really think Leipold coached conservative in the 2nd half.  Fact is the Bulls rushing attack has been better than their passing. The Oline shoulda blown NIU back and taken control. But give NIU credit and they also got their stud DT back in the 2nd half. That was huge too. The Bulls did attempt some medium and long throws late and mostly came up empty. That was disappointing as was the D playing so soft in the secondary. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You can’t even blame Leipold.

He isn’t telling them to pump the brakes and lose their intensity. ALL year the players on this team , quit playing when they got a 15+ point lead. Just stopped 

Jackson after the 1st drive of the second half was horrible. Taking terrible sacks, bailing the pocket. Looking lost. The players INTENSITY went away 

i saw it 5 mins into the second half and knew they were in trouble . Tons of talent, no intensity 

Its not Leipolds fault his offense and defense BOTH thought the game was in hand and you can tell they lost their intensity and it’s REALLY hard to get it back 

I know Liepold didn’t tell them to pump the breaks in the second half. The team thought it was a shoe in and didn’t show for the second half

that was the team this year, cannot play for 60 minutes. Players play and have to bring effort for 60. That didn’t happen

The team lost . You are either prepared for the game or not... they were obviously prepared with the first half results... they didn’t execute and play with enough intensity in the second half 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can’t even blame Leipold.

He isn’t telling them to pump the brakes and lose their intensity. ALL year the players on this team , quit playing when they got a 15+ point lead. Just stopped 

Jackson after the 1st drive of the second half was horrible. Taking terrible sacks, bailing the pocket. Looking lost. The players INTENSITY went away 

i saw it 5 mins into the second half and knew they were in trouble . Tons of talent, no intensity 

Its not Leipolds fault his offense and defense BOTH thought the game was in hand and you can tell they lost their intensity and it’s REALLY hard to get it back 

I know Liepold didn’t tell them to pump the breaks in the second half. The team thought it was a shoe in and didn’t show for the second half

that was the team this year, cannot play for 60 minutes. Players play and have to bring effort for 60. That didn’t happen

The team lost . You are either prepared for the game or not... they were obviously prepared with the first half results... they didn’t execute and play with enough intensity in the second half 

They didn't even try to throw to Johnson until they were losing. How crazy is that?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.