Playoffs at 8-8 this year

MClem06

3 hours ago, MClem06 said:

1)Figured we lose to NE as the only loss and find a way to win 5

2) We can tie with Miami at 8-8 and Tennessee at 8-8 and still make it.

3) Far fetched but hey it's fun to mess with that playoff machine :)

4) GO BILLS, Josh - You can do it!

8-8.thumb.jpg.e99ce2af4764b5f63881f1e88a76e979.jpg

?‍♂️ Couldn't find a unicorn Emoji so this will have to do.  The genie can grant you that wish cause that's what it would take!?

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Now the fact that we can still have this sort of optimism and we are not yet mathematically eliminated is something to be thankful for! :) 

Huddles, let me reiterate that I can't believe how excited I am for the rest of the season, regardless of whether we make the playoffs.

I would love to send Williams into retirement with another winning season at 9-7 and 1 singular career win in NE against Brady when it matters to the Pats.

let's do it!

• Thank you (+1) 2

Hey, what were the odds that the Sabres would pull off the past 6 wins, against very tough teams and mostly on the road? At least the next 6 games for the Bills are mostly at home and mostly against weak opponents.

Edited by MichaelAbdallah

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Is there really any point possibly sneaking in (and by possibly I mean very unlikely) at 8-8 and then getting crushed in the first round by the Steelers or patriots?

I would much rather play Allen and let him develop, and then head into 2019 with a more experienced Allen.

And better draft picks at the same time.

that is a quitter's mentality.  would you buy a powerball ticket and figure you're gonna lose anyway, so you just throw it out?

can you see the future and figure...screw it and stay in bed? 

one win...this week. that's all that needs to happen. all these teams that looked destined for 10-6 or better, may end up in an 8-8 logjam. 

wouldn't you rather watch a late december game that could have wc or even the division on the line?

sure, all things have to fall in place, but if last year taught us anything,  it can happen.

why throw the towel in now? you are the kb of fans....

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Huddles, let me reiterate that I can't believe how excited I am for the rest of the season, regardless of whether we make the playoffs.

I would love to send Williams into retirement with another winning season at 9-7 and 1 singular career win in NE against Brady when it matters to the Pats.

let's do it!

D2D, that means we would also have a good win against the Jags this week in our rear view mirror, sending that pretentious Benedict Arnold Marrone and loudmouth Ramsey packing so I’ll take it! Prost! ?:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I don't quite get the fascination with "making the playoffs".  The drought was one thing so you can overlook making it with a meh record.  But at the end of the day, making the playoffs at 8-8 means ... you know ... they were 8-8.

PLAYOFFS !! You kiddin' me? PLAYOFFS.

I May be old school, but playoffs is ALWAYS a good thing.

It was Thanksgiving weekend last year when we came off of 3 really bad performances heading into Kansas City where one more loss would have most likely done us in for the season. We pulled off an upset and turned the whole season around.  Let’s do it again.

Edited by Talley56

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

that is a quitter's mentality.  would you buy a powerball ticket and figure you're gonna lose anyway, so you just throw it out?

can you see the future and figure...screw it and stay in bed? 

one win...this week. that's all that needs to happen. all these teams that looked destined for 10-6 or better, may end up in an 8-8 logjam. 

wouldn't you rather watch a late december game that could have wc or even the division on the line?

sure, all things have to fall in place, but if last year taught us anything,  it can happen.

why throw the towel in now? you are the kb of fans....

A quitters mentality? When did I ever say throw in the towel?

Try to win every single game with Josh Allen. Not Barkley.

The reality is they are 3-7 and the odds of making the playoffs are basically slim to none.

So it would be very foolish to start a career journeyman over your potential franchise QB to have a prayers chance of getting into the playoffs.

Sean McDermott realized that as well. You’re one of the few who hasn’t I guess.

Try to win every single game, yes. But don’t be stupid and just waste 6 games on a journeyman, where you can get Allen more experience going into 2019.

Edited by billsfan11

16 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

A quitters mentality? When did I ever say throw in the towel?

Try to win every single game with Josh Allen. Not Barkley.

The reality is they are 3-7 and the odds of making the playoffs are basically slim to none.

So it would be very foolish to start a career journeyman over your potential franchise QB to have a prayers chance of getting into the playoffs.

Sean McDermott realized that as well. You’re one of the few who hasn’t I guess.

Try to win every single game, yes. But don’t be stupid and just waste 6 games on a journeyman, where you can get Allen more experience going into 2019.

nobody's saying that, but if we are gonna do anything....it starts with a win this sunday. does josh coming in give us the best chance against a p'od jags team?

....or would it maybe serve him better to come back next week or the home game after...leaving him to play out the season. i find it a reasonable thing to ponder myself.,

When you consider that there's only one team in the conference with a worst record, the odds that they will all fall apart is rather low.  There's five teams with a two game lead on us and three of those five have already beaten us.

Recently I went back and looked, (to 2005 I think it was), there's only been one team at 8-8 that made the playoffs as a wild card.  Surprisedly  (or maybe not) there were more 8-8 teams that won their division than got in as a wild card. 

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

nobody's saying that, but if we are gonna do anything....it starts with a win this sunday. does josh coming in give us the best chance against a p'od jags team?

....or would it maybe serve him better to come back next week or the home game after...leaving him to play out the season. i find it a reasonable thing to ponder myself.,

I get your point sir.

But think about it. They are 3-7. There is probably a 99 percent chance they don’t make the playoffs.

So you got to ask yourself. Is there really that big difference between Barkley and Allen at this time?

Probably not much if any.

So go with the young potential franchise QB.

If Allen wins games and they somehow make the playoffs? Fantastic.

If he doesn’t play well and they miss out?

Extremely good chance they would miss the playoffs with Barkley as well so might as well get Allen the experience and let him learn

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

just looked at indy's schedule. they play miami at home this week...hmmm...think about how that could work to our benefit....

anyway then they have texans/titans/cowboys/giants and jags. they might just fall off....

They won't lose to the Giants.  And the Titans without Mariota?