What Do You Want To See the Rest of the Year?

50 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

1. Continued improvement by Josh Allen

2. Continued strong play by the defense.

I've written off the OL and WR's until the next FA period starts. Obviously those 2 areas will be overhauled after this season.

On defense, we need a lock down corner opposite White and replacements for Kyle and Lorenzo.

I think we can make huge strides in 2019. I remain optimistic and I'm tired of all the whining. You asked for a total rebuild and you got it. Now be patient and let them complete the process. Our D is ranked #3 in the NFL. That's an excellent start. If we were even average on O, we'd be a solid playoff team, assuming our giveways/takeaway was positive.

Correction:  Lorenzo is playing well and is in no way a liability.Where did you ever get that idea? Also, why would you want Vlad gone and not Miller when Ducasse is playing better?

Lorenzo is decent as a pass rusher when we use him but as a linebacker he cannot cover backs well and that's a mismatch.   

Let me count the ways...

1. QB:  Give Allen one more week off and bye so he has 6 weeks recovery til start vs Jags. Lets him develop some timing with new receiving crew.
  2. OLine:  Bench Ducasse and Miller and play Boettger and Teller at G.  Younger, stronger and more mobile than the guys playing now.  Let Serles play RT and put Mills as backup Swing OT.  Then when year ends we know if we need new starting OGs or not.  Same at RT.  
  3. WR:  Bench Benjamin and start Zay in slot with Pryor and Holmes outside.  Or put Pryor and Zay outside with RayRay in slot.
  4. TE:  Clay to IR and play Croom and Thomas to determine if either can be TE1 next year.
  5. RB:  Abandon the 21 formation with DiMarco and use Shady and Ivory in tandem instead.  RPO with Josh from this formation would be problematic for most D's.
  6. Defense:  More of same.  Can they maybe replace Gaines at CB2 with Lewis or another PS CB?
Edited by freddyjj

By far the best thing that can happen is for Allen to come back immediately, remain healthy, and start the rest of the season.

It doesn't matter if he sinks or swims, either will be progress towards our future.

It's pretty much all that can be salvaged from a lost campaign.

EDIT: And oh yeah, I forgot to mention, lose out.

Edited by Fadingpain

6 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Let me count the ways...

1. QB:  Give Allen one more week off and bye so he has 6 weeks recovery til star vs Jags. Lets him develop some timing with new receiving crew.
  2. OLine:  Bench Ducasse and Miller and play Boettger and Teller at G.  Younger, stronger and more mobile than the guys playing now.  Let Serles play RT and put Mills as backup Swing OT.  Then when year ends we know if we need new starting OGs or not.  Same at RT.  
  3. WR:  Bench Benjamin and start Zay in slot with Pryor and Holmes outside.  Or put Pryor and Zay outside with RayRay in slot.
  4. TE:  Clay to IR and play Croom and Thomas to determine if either can be TE1 next year.
  5. RB:  Abandon the 21 formation with DiMarco and use Shady and Ivory in tandem instead.  RPO with Josh from this formation would be problematic for most D's.
  6. Defense:  More of same.  Can they maybe replace Gaines at CB2 with Lewis or another PS CB?

That's a lot of stuff I agree with.   Honestly not sure why we brought in DiMarco to begin with.   He can't have more than 10% of the offenses snaps. 

2 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

I gotta call BS on this.  We have no idea how good/bad Daboll is.  The offensive roster is horrendous.  Period.  Anyone breathing oxygen before the season knew this immediately, outside of your typical 25% Chris Brown educated homer fan base segment of Bills fans.  Beane has been a complete failure in this regard, except that Beane probably isn't a failure either.  Because they are tanking.  On purpose.  Period.  This is an atrocious group of offense players.  Daboll has no chance with them as a unit.  And Beane couldn't be this stupid as to think this roster was NFL Caliber.

The only beef anyone can have this year, guessing that the team's philosophy is finishing last year's attempted tank, is that the way to groom a highly drafted quarterback probably isn't to gut all of his weapons and help.

Other than that, this team has no chance.  The Vikings have to be kicking themselves by losing to the Bills.  Absolute horrendous loss. 

But what do you say to those fans who year after year get excited when we're a shambles but win a meaningless game late in the season that severely harms our draft prospects?  You question their excitement and the response is "a win is a win."  Wonderful.  You just dropped five spots in the draft because of a meaningless win.  I know what I'd really like to say but trend toward diplomacy instead.  Then there are those that say we can always trade to move up.  :doh:

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Let me count the ways...

1. QB:  Give Allen one more week off and bye so he has 6 weeks recovery til start vs Jags. Lets him develop some timing with new receiving crew.

Scratch #6 - Mission accomplished!!  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/06/bills-cut-phillip-gaines-promote-levi-wallace/

• Like (+1) 1