For years it was either top 5 pick or super bowl

3 hours ago, MJS said:

People have completely forgotten about last year. Coming in and getting a talent starved team to the playoffs in year 1 is incredibly impressive.

New coaches, new schemes, many new players, new GM...

Not really. Marrone would have done it if the Bills had won afc games instead of sweeping nfc games.

Last year the ball bounced the right way. Statiscally that was not a very good team.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Where in this babble does this give an example?  PROVIDE A EXAMPLE

Not much I can do here if you're unable to comprehend or respond to any of that. You obviously think a rebuild is successful if you're just bad for a while. I guess all of the rebuilds of this century have been successful processes in your eyes. 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not much I can do here if you're unable to comprehend or respond to any of that. You obviously think a rebuild is successful if you're just bad for a while. I guess all of the rebuilds of this century have been successful processes in your eyes. 

So you do not have an example even though you say there are examples and that you have examples of other teams

In other words.....I should not be paying attn to you

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I hear ya but they tried to last year and made the playoffs and went full court press this year. However, they identify their qb and tanking will allow them to snag three draft picks who can instantly contribute. Two of which can be high impact players. 

Fair enough.  It's a bad year but I think next year we could take a big leap...hopefully.  I'm willing to be patient.  I still havent even up on McD.

4 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

People on this board complain about a 7 and 9 record. For years people say either make the playoffs or tank and pick too 5.

No joke, read this crap for years and now the same people who complained about a mediocre finish are the same who are complaining we are so bad. Guys the process has always been code word for tank. Yes this has been a brutal season but that has been the plan 

Good luck. I type these same words ten times a week, and I only get "well we weren't supposed to be THIS bad!" As if bad vs. really bad actually makes a difference in the final W-L record. It's almost like people want us to just suck less and end up with a couple more meaningless wins, and end up with the #12 pick when we could have had #4. 

We all knew this year was going to suck. Which is why I haven't broken ANYTHING this year watching a Bills game! ?

Edited by CLTbills

5 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

People on this board complain about a 7 and 9 record. For years people say either make the playoffs or tank and pick too 5.

No joke, read this crap for years and now the same people who complained about a mediocre finish are the same who are complaining we are so bad. Guys the process has always been code word for tank. Yes this has been a brutal season but that has been the plan 

A lot of folks do not believe this was a tank and there is evidence to suggest that it was not.

It comes down to whether or not you want to give McBeane the benefit of the doubt and assume they are competent, or not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

A lot of folks do not believe this was a tank and there is evidence to suggest that it was not.

It comes down to whether or not you want to give McBeane the benefit of the doubt and assume they are competent, or not.

The process they are referring to is clean up contracts and getting rid of players they deem no worthy. That is the definition of a rebuild/tank. There willing to have a horrible season for the greater good 

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is exactly true

but...at the same time I get it.   Bills fans are the best they stick with this team for year of mediocrity.....then get asked to sit through a REAL REBIULD.....when you rebiuld a team you lose at first and that takes even MORE patience.

Fans are being tested....

And most are just being testy.  And several , quite frankly, just plain testis...  :beer:

6 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Unfortunately this looks to be a bad year to finish with a top 5 pick. Looking at mock drafts the top talent is mostly on the defensive side and there are only 1 or 2 Quarterbacks likely to go in the top 10 (though his could change of course) limiting our potential haul for trading down. It's only November though, so who knows how it'll play out.

I think this will change with the QB hungry teams driving up the QB's like what happens every year come draft time.

Giants, Miami, maybe Dallas (after last night), Jags, Oakland (Carr seems out of favor), Tampa Bay .. all should be in the QB race ... and many will move up to grab one.

7 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Not really. Marrone would have done it if the Bills had won afc games instead of sweeping nfc games.

Last year the ball bounced the right way. Statiscally that was not a very good team.

Marrone had a game gift wrapped to him from the Pats who sat their starters. Marrone was essentially 8-8.

And he went on to be what many view as a successful coach in Jacksonville. So equating McDermott with Marrone means that both of them are at least mildly successful.

11 hours ago, MJS said:

And that's the huge assumption. There is no reason at all to believe that the current regime can't build this team back up.

You know what they say about assumptions.

I got it now. Losing means you are doing the rebuild properly! ?

11 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I hear ya.  The only issue is tanking is great when you need a QB.  You tank to get an Andrew luck.  But now we have Allen.  So what are we tanking for now?  Bosa...Oliver...an olinemen?  Trading down? Tanking just isnt very exciting unless your doing it to get a top QB.  That's just my opinion.

Exactly, and when Allen proves to be garbage at this time next year, we will probably be in the 6 win range again.....missing out on the QB picks again. I loved that playoff moment I really did, and the only reason I would not trade it in for a tank last year......was the celebration with them.

3 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

I think this will change with the QB hungry teams driving up the QB's like what happens every year come draft time.

Giants, Miami, maybe Dallas (after last night), Jags, Oakland (Carr seems out of favor), Tampa Bay .. all should be in the QB race ... and many will move up to grab one.

That’s the hope to trade down and snag a receiver or Jonah Williams in the 10 to 15 range, though I think Williams rises 

I'm not upset that the team is 2-7, or that the team is bad. I'm upset because:

1. We might have the worst offense in NFL history, or at least bottom 5. That's not okay. 

2. The team doesn't appear well coached or motivated. We aren't just losing, we're getting blown out, and we're committing penalties and dumb plays at an alarming rate. 

3. The FO hasn't shown any real proficiency for offense. Peterman is the most glaring example, but of all the acquisitions on offense the last 2 years, most of them have been bad. Why should I think they'll have a much better success rate moving forward?

10 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

That’s the hope to trade down and snag a receiver or Jonah Williams in the 10 to 15 range, though I think Williams rises 

Yeah, for me, I'm hoping that either Bosa/Oliver/whoever is the real deal and we take him, or we get an RG3 type trade down deal and get like 3 good starters out of it. 

40 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

It's kind of funny how people don't seem to understand that we are a quarterback hungry team as well.

We should be using our own Top 3 pick to maybe even move up (depending on lots of stuff that can't be determined right now) and get a top QB prospect ourselves.  

The time for grabbing the QB is when you are picking high and don't have one already.

That describes the Bills perfectly.

1 hour ago, iinii said:

You know what they say about assumptions.

I got it now. Losing means you are doing the rebuild properly! ?

It is not as simple as all that....but the fact is rebiulding teams do lose for a reason

50 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It's kind of funny how people don't seem to understand that we are a quarterback hungry team as well.

We should be using our own Top 3 pick to maybe even move up (depending on lots of stuff that can't be determined right now) and get a top QB prospect ourselves.  

The time for grabbing the QB is when you are picking high and don't have one already.

That describes the Bills perfectly.

It would be idiotic to do that and thank god you are not running this team

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It is not as simple as all that....but the fact is rebiulding teams do lose for a reason

It would be idiotic to do that and thank god you are not running this team

Yes, because they are void of talent. It is that simple.

17 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

I hear ya.  The only issue is tanking is great when you need a QB.  You tank to get an Andrew luck.  But now we have Allen.  So what are we tanking for now?  Bosa...Oliver...an olinemen?  Trading down? Tanking just isnt very exciting unless your doing it to get a top QB.  That's just my opinion.

Hopefully they go out and get a top QB, instead of the 6th best one in the draft like they did last year.

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

On the offensive side of the ball anyway......

Defense is in good shape

yeah, it's hazmat suit garbagetime by the half (at the latest) and the other team grinds out the clock and gets out of there with a cushy win

the D is not challenged at all, hammock at the country club

yah!

1) they didn’t intend to tank.  They made moves trying to win.  They signed a bunch of free agents and didn’t trade an aging rb.  They thought they could easily upgrade the QBs position.  

2) even if they were “tanking,” you don’t need to have one of the worst offenses ever.

22 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

being the worst team in the league is never exciting...check out the Sabres

22 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

So your name is actually code for givemesometank?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

being the worst team in the league is never exciting...check out the Sabres

True.  But if theres a QB to grab it at least gives a glimmer of hope for a franchise.  And the sabres arent the worst anymore at least.  Hopefully Allen will surprise us.  None of these rookies are blowing anyone away.  Their rookies.