Midterm Election Gameday Thread

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

House Score

r: 141

d:134

(160 left)

+14 Dem flip (need +23)

Senate: +2 GOP flip (Senate majority locked for GOP now)

Admitted I haven't paid that much attention, but seems better than expected in Senate, worse in the House.   What's with all the upstate NY districts flipping, are those just illegal alien enclaves now?

Just now, LABillzFan said:

Nothing better for the GOP than to have Pelosi as SOH. Dems are too freaking stupid to dump her.

If they pick up over 30 seats that's pretty significant with how good the economy is.  She in essence did a better job than Schumer.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Bimbo on CNN talking about how 'historic' it will be to have Pelosi because SoH.....again.

It will be soooo fun to see that gangly old skag drive Trump crazy.. free entertainment, the best kind.

or, maybe he’ll handle it very, very goodly... 

Edited by B-Large

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Admitted I haven't paid that much attention, but seems better than expected in Senate, worse in the House.   What's with all the upstate NY districts flipping, are those just illegal alien enclaves now?

Upstate NY is a mess.  Didn't used to be so 20+ years ago.  High property taxes have caused the average working person to leave.  None of my family lives there anymore.  A lot of old neighbors and HS classmates have left.  Years of Dem Governors have killed the state, not many north of the NYC area can afford to live there, in addition to many businesses have left to get away from the high taxes.

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No blue wave. Bye wave

Bedtime

Correct. It was, in the end, a traditional midterm result for the house - albeit with massive turnout. 

House Score

r: 150

d:143

(142 left)

+15 Dem flip - projected +21 (need +23), GOP flipped 2 so far.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

Looks like two years of nothing but judicial confirmations and maybe infrastructure, followed by a Dem loss in 2020....

I think I can live with that.

House is about to be even more of a circus than it has been. These idiots will crush their own adgendas.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm more concerned with Governorship.  What's the breakdown there?

Good live update site:  https://www.foxnews.com/midterms-2018/gubernatorial

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

House Score

r: 151

d:143

(141 left)

+15 Dem flip - projected +21 (need +23), GOP flipped 2 so far.

Looks like he was more concerned with the Senate, which he'll use to push his agenda through.  I'm sure Trump has a plan to deal with the insane crap that will come from the House the next two years.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Biggest story of the night is independents breaking for Ds +12% when voting Trump 4% in 2016 imo.

Frankly I think the biggest story is something Baier just mentioned on Fox:  what happened to Senators who voted against Kavanaugh.

Dems completely screwed that up in embarrassing fashion, and have actually LOST Senate seats because of it. That's stunning to me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Large said:

I hope not.  We have a nice balance here,  bold ideas on big issues that make people lives better, but don’t vote yes on everything that increases spending...

dont get me wrong, fin I were filthy rich I’d live in San Diego, but not quite there yet.

Many people from here are moving there. That's why you started to turn blue, and that's why you're about to turn deep blue over the next few years. Soon you'll have high property taxes, full sanctuary state status, and you'll be wondering where to move to get away from it. Parts of Texas are already ahead of your curve. You're next.

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Frankly I think the biggest story is something Baier just mentioned on Fox:  what happened to Senators who voted against Kavanaugh.

Dems completely screwed that up in embarrassing fashion, and have actually LOST Senate seats because of it. That's stunning to me.

House Score

r: 153

d:153

(129 left)

+19 Dem flip - projected +23 (need +23), GOP flipped 2 so far.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Exit polls seem to agree with this.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

House Score

r: 153

d:153

(129 left)

The James loss is disappointing.  By Dem logic, the voters in Michigan are #raysis

• Like (+1) 1

House Score

r: 155

d:155

(125 left)

Senate: +2 (really +4) GOP flip 

When all is said and done, the D's will have about a 6 seat edge in the house.  Now will they have the stones to elect a speaker other than Pelosi?

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

When all is said and done, the D's will have about a 6 seat edge in the house.  Now will they have the stones to elect a speaker other than Pelosi?

It's going to be a small majority - if that. Again, California (right now) is looking surprising (from what I'm hearing/seeing). 

House Score

r: 157

d:158

(120 left)

+20 Dem flip - projected +23 (need +23), GOP flipped 2 so far.

Senate: +2 (really +4) GOP flip 

Nancy Pelosi just said "lets hear it for preexisting conditions"!

It's going to be a small majority - if that. Again, California (right now) is looking surprising (from what I'm hearing/seeing). 

I may have seen it wrong, but it looked like your CA governor race was actually tight.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I may have seen it wrong, but it looked like your CA governor race was actually tight.

Yup - but it's really early. It's still way closer than the Newsome people expected (they already declared victory basically). 

House Score

r: 159

d:162

(114 left)

+21 Dem flip - projected +22 (need +23), GOP flipped 4 so far (but only 2 called officially).