Midterm Election Gameday Thread

8 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Hard to run against borrowing even more money and tax cuts... people love an easy money train, even if they’re picking the pockets of their grandchildren.  I’ve kind of changed my tune on this, I used to go crazy over this fiscal insanity... but now I’d like to see even more tax cuts of tax goodies for myself, I’ll be long gone when it melts down and I don’t have kids nor that many people that do...

Global warming will beat the debt problem. There won't be a debt problem, actually. There will be a climate problem though. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

So...uh...in VA5...a writer of Bigfoot erotica beat Olivia Wilde's mom?  

Seriously VA5, we need to talk.  Just pack up and move to Florida already.

As someone who voted in this race, would you be willing to explain your joke? It went way over my head. :P

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Global warming will beat the debt problem. There won't be a debt problem, actually. There will be a climate problem though. 

I've read this three times and still have no clue what you're talking about.

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

+1 for Senate? 

They got Donnelly out, Nelson is also likely out but not called yet. They got McCaskill out too. It's looking strong for the Senate and GOP. 

House looks like a dem victory (but still too early) - question now is will it be a +5 or +15 (ish). 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Is it looking like Fox News' prediction will ring true? 

Odds still in favor of it - but again it's not that they're right. It's that they called it with over 2 hours left in key battleground states. It's suppression/meddling either way you look at it. Even Seth Abramson agreed :lol: 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

They got Donnelly out, Nelson is also likely out but not called yet. They got McCaskill out too. It's looking strong for the Senate and GOP. 

House looks like a dem victory (but still too early) - question now is will it be a +5 or +15 (ish). 

Heitkamp out Scott in too

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Global warming is greatest problem facing us, and no one cares. Sort of like how U.K. Was cutting defense spending in 1930s 

Right. No one cares so it's a waste of time to campaign on it.

The same way Republicans don't campaign on abortion anymore.

Politics is a contact sport and you have to choose your battles wisely.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As someone who voted in this race, would you be willing to explain your joke? It went way over my head. :P

It's not a joke.  Leslie Cockburn is Olivia Wilde's mom. And Denver Riggleman writes Bigfoot sex stories.  

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think Trump suspected this.  He made some comments about doing his part to help while taking a slight at the leadership (Paul Ryan).  It was telling that he focused on the Senate during the past couple of days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no! My favorite Republican is losing. Steve Russel is a good man and is behind in Oklahoma 

The Okies got some weird races going on apparently. I haven't paid attention to any of them. 

House Score

r: 128

d:117

(190 left)

+15 Dem flip (need +23)

Senate: +2 GOP flip (Senate majority locked for GOP now)

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Near 22 Trillion and accelerating would like to disagree... 

I can’t believe nobody even talks about debt and deficits anymore... 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not a joke.  Leslie Cockburn is Olivia Wilde's mom. And Denver Riggleman writes Bigfoot sex stories.  

Olivia Wilde is still so hot... 

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

It's also a referendum on Obama and Oprah! 

I guess Georgians we're too excited about the possibility of further limitations on firearms.  What a dumb platform to run on.  Obama and Oprah are clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because really, who’s gonna do anything about it

One day we'll be forced to, and it will be painful.  But that is still a ways off.  Japan, Europe, and now China have more debt to GDP than we do.

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She doxxed sexual assault victims. (And some that were not victims calling them victims!) Pond scum. 

This was the nail in her coffin. Justifiably so. It was disgusting and vile and, to be honest, she should be sued front and back when this is done.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

ABC projects Dems take House.  Get ready for endless Trump investigations.

Not a surprise.  The D's will overplay their hand and lose big in 2020, they're just too stupid to see this.  Lots of EO's from Trump the next two years in anticipation of reelection.  Senate should easily pass judge nominations.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

ABC projects Dems take House.  Get ready for endless Trump investigations.

I hope Trump blows a gasket... I don’t even know what Democrats stand for anymore, I don’t even care, I just want them to pissed off!!! 

It will be so entertaining...