Midterm Election Gameday Thread

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

This is what you want, isn't it?  Viva la revolucion! and all?

If Democrats have a good showing, they have to behave.  If they lose...the time for civility is decidedly past, and it's time to hoist the black flag and start slitting throats, right?

I don't need to lose elections to want to...

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's funny, I had the same reaction, but for a completely different party

So you are, in fact saying, you like the way the use allwged victims and support destruction of due process?

Yeah, your hivemind is pathetic. #npc

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

House Score

r: 44

d: 38

+2 Dem flip

Senate Score: +1 GOP flip

Only 50% reported so far. Too early, but hearing (despite early reports of Beto being up) Cruz is comfy. 

MSNBC was just starting the moral victory talk for Texas. I take that as a great sign.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

So.. is it just me (and I really am asking a question here) but does it not seem like the left shoots themselves in the foot by projecting victory and using the media to further that story, instead of encouraging people to vote? 

Ssshhhhhh

• Like (+1) 2

So.. is it just me (and I really am asking a question here) but does it not seem like the left shoots themselves in the foot by projecting victory and using the media to further that story, instead of encouraging people to vote? 

I see that argument perfectly. But when you have no message, it's easier to intimidate than convince.

• Like (+1) 2

It is psychological supposedly,  for either R suppression, or D enthusiasm.

Just now, whatdrought said:

So going off of Fox news it looks like House controlled by dems, senate by GOP- is that consistent with what everyone else is saying? 

Keep watching... the dems missed a couple (supposedly) easy flips in VA already. They are running way behind projections for a wave. Still might hold the House but it's dwindling by the minute. 

• Like (+1) 1

So going off of Fox news it looks like House controlled by dems, senate by GOP- is that consistent with what everyone else is saying? 

Latest I saw, 538 has R's as favorite to take both.

Thanks for clearing it up- I am just getting to the coverage and honestly I can never keep track. I love watching it, but I also hate the flip flop.

Any good twitter feeds I can have open to go with this thread? 

check out the main ones I've been dropping. They just present numbers. Also, use this:

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/house/

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm monitoring these:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fullpage/midterm-election-map-2018-live-results-58723598

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-senate-elections.html 

Edit: Oops... meant this for your thread, @whatdrought ?

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think it's that. I think their biggest problem is that "you're a racist" isn't a very strong platform.

• Like (+1) 1