Someone should be fired. Simple

DKBills25

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right, and I argue that he hasn't really tried to do more than bandaid the offense. Let's see what he can do with his cash to burn. 

Again, cash to burn on who?

This free agent class is awful and there are numerous teams across the NFL with boatloads of cap space. 

Having a bunch of cap room isn't going to miraculously fix the offense. 

16 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Are you looking into your crystal ball little guy?

I don’t need to. It is very simple. 

There isn’t enough resources vs time.

The Bills have ten picks, but how many of those will be actual NFL day one starters? How many will be offense

You have FA but these players who actually do make it FA have to fit a model set by this FO and compete with other NFL teams finically and reputation-wise. 

We have to base improvement from a wins stand-point. How many of those resources will contribute to wins? 

Grumble all you want about how coaches don’t get enough time, but that is how it is in the present NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Give them a fricking chance! Millennials!!

OK, who? You are the decision maker, who?

They had a chance.

They took over a team that was 10th in the NFL in scoring, and in a little over a year created the worst offense the NFL has seen in 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

I don’t need to. It is very simple. 

There isn’t enough resources vs time.

The Bills have ten picks, but how many of those will be actual NFL day one starters? How many will be offense

You have FA but these players who actually do make it FA have to fit a model set by this FO and compete with other NFL teams finically and reputation-wise. 

We have to base improvement from a wins stand-point. How many of those resources will contribute to wins? 

Grumble all you want about how coaches don’t get enough time, but that is how it is in the present NFL.

Will you give it some time!!!

41 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Like who?

Have you actually looked at what free agents will be available?

Have you considered that there are 10 teams with $60+ mil in cap space?

Why would anyone want to come join this offense?

These 10 teams are all going to have the same needs as the Bills?  Doubtful.  We do have three picks in the first three rounds in 2019.  Easily can be used on the offense.  If the Bills ignore the offense this coming off season then I will think about carrying a torch or pitchfork.

Edited by RochesterRob

I think they should fire Daboll and McD, have Peterman help them clean out to their offices, let Peterman share some tearful goodbyes ("thanks so much coach, God bless you, I couldn't have done it without you", etc).....but keep Peterman on the team for a couple weeks.

Edited by OJ Tom

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

These 10 teams are all going to have the same needs as the Bills?  Doubtful.  We do have three picks in the first three rounds in 2019.  Easily can be used on the offense.  If the Bills ignore the offense this coming off season then I will think about carrying a torch or pitchfork.

Actually, yes, they do have the same needs.

The top 5 teams in cap space are the Colts, Browns, Bills, Raiders and Jets.

All of them need Receivers and better Offensive Linemen. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no argument to excuses Dabol at this point. This offense is worse then any offense had been in 40 years. Someone has to be held accountable. Fire Dabol and Castillo tomorrow 

Daboll is McDermott's 2nd awful OC hire.

At some point you need to blame the guy who keeps hiring incompetent subordinates. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

This is always the retort from the McBeane apologists.

They have done a ***** job and the team is immensely worse from when they got here. It's not good. What does that have to do with who should replace them? 

So, you want to label anyone who thinks it is a bad idea to fire a GM after one draft and 1.5 years on the job and a coach who took a bad team to the playoffs and is 1.5 years into a rebuild as an apologist? Color me shocked

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

How long should I give them?

If this team is not improved by this time next year; then you got me! Give them then off season!

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

They have done a ***** job and the team is immensely worse from when they got here. It's not good. What does that have to do with who should replace them? 

That is always the retort from the not so smart fire everybody crowd! Who?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, billspro said:

Well I watched Flutie then didn’t watch NFL again until they picked up Bledsoe. I have been a die hard fan ever since. Even the year we started 0-8 the team was competitive and had entertaining games. This year is just unwatchable. The game is usually over sometime in the first quarter. 

You're completely right. I was referring to the 04 season, the loss to the Pittsburgh JV team and what has ensued. Atleast I remember a couple more playoff games. 

But I'm completely with you. This team offers 0 entertainment value. I mean the defense is kind of fun to watch but the offense is just so, so bad.

If they just signed some bum who ran a 4.3 and threw to him a fly route once a series it'd be more entertaining than this *****. The philosophy is totally flawed on offense with this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

You forgot that "this is what we all expected and wanted, the team to tank a d be bad for a top pick". Problem is, not everyone thought or wanted that, and no one expected the offence to look this inept. I thi k many wouldn't have a problem if they missed the playoffs this year or weren't expecting playoffs again, as long as they looked like they were getting better and being competitive. Unfortunately they look worse then bad on offense and getting blown out regularly

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no argument to excuses Dabol at this point. This offense is worse then any offense had been in 40 years. Someone has to be held accountable. Fire Dabol and Castillo tomorrow 

Ha ha there we go fire everybody now! I'm mad and I want to feel better!

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Actually, yes, they do have the same needs.

The top 5 teams in cap space are the Colts, Browns, Bills, Raiders and Jets.

All of them need Receivers and better Offensive Linemen. 

And there will most likely be none of either position there for any team as any top 7 player at these positions will be retained by their old team.  All the teams you list will have to pull from the second shelf from the top on down so it's doubtful somebody is going to sign a game changer.  Somebody might actually be impressed with the idea the Bills have a nearly complete defense at this point barring how this season finishes.  Let's get through the offseason before we start burning anybody at the stake.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

If this team is not improved by this time next year; then you got me! Give them then off season!

That is always the retort from the not so smart fire everybody crowd! Who?

But how many more wins will next year yield with the limited resources? 

And how how many wins will it take for them to save their jobs?

Do you think it would be enough?

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

And there will most likely be none of either position there for any team as any top 7 player at these positions will be retained by their old team.  All the teams you list will have to pull from the second shelf from the top on down so it's doubtful somebody is going to sign a game changer.  Somebody might actually be impressed with the idea the Bills have a nearly complete defense at this point barring how this season finishes.  Let's get through the offseason before we start burning anybody at the stake.

What game changer?

Have you looked at the list of garbage wide receivers who are free agents at the end of the year?

The list doesn't include the names of any game changers. Just a bunch of #3 or #4 guys who haven't had much success. 

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Ha ha there we go fire everybody now! I'm mad and I want to feel better!

It’s 9 games of the worst offense ever tracked by most nfl analytics. We just went 38 drives without a td and broke it in garbage time (at home) against an average opponent. It’s very reasonable to want the person in charge to be held accountable.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Again, cash to burn on who?

This free agent class is awful and there are numerous teams across the NFL with boatloads of cap space. 

Having a bunch of cap room isn't going to miraculously fix the offense. 

We've found diamonds in the rough on defense, why not offense? The draft is also looking to be full of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I get what you are saying but I have zero confidence in this staff to develop a QB. They drafted a QB that needed to sit his first season and he ends up playing in the first game because the QB everyone in the NFL wonders why is in the league stinks it up in another game he starts. 

The only quarterback issue the bills have is whether or not Josh Allen will develop into a franchise guy. I don’t share you’re extremely pessimistic view about the current coaching staff and its ability to do this based on, essentially, 1/2 of a season. That’s the key. You need to give it some time in my opinion. 

And, while we’re at it, I don’t believe firing the OC is the issue. I actually think he has tried to be creative in his play calling. He has total crap to work with for the time being. Let’s see what happens, probably next year, when Alan gets a year under his belt and, presumably, you will have some weapons and improved offense of line. It sucks that this will be a losing season. Just got to get through it.

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

But how many more wins will next year yield with the limited resources? 

And how how many wins will it take for them to save their jobs?

Do you think it would be enough?

We have a great draft coming and we will be aggressive in FA; give it a chance! And I appreciate your response!

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s 9 games of the worst offense ever tracked by most nfl analytics. We just went 38 drives without a td and broke it in garbage time (at home) against an average opponent. It’s very reasonable to want the person in charge to be held accountable.

I think most people defending the regime right now aren't into analytics.

If they liked to look at stats, they would realize that we are in a good position to record--quite literally--the worst season in the modern era of professional football.  As you mention!

It's isn't just an off season or a slump.  This is failure on a historic level.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

OK, you are new to the NFL and I understand!

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We've found diamonds in the rough on defense, why not offense? The draft is also looking to be full of talent. 

You act like we haven't tried on offense.

We've added tons of new players to the offense under McDermott. 

The problem is they've all been awful.

Our ability to scout Wide Receivers has been especially awful. 

24 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Go cry in your room and the get over it! Come back when you are older!

Sure. I'll do that if you stop annoying me. Deal?

Great analogy btw I didn't realize they are hard facts that I'm wrong. "Go take your medication! Come back when you're lucid!" Super annoying dude leave off

31 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Give them a fricking chance! Millennials!!

Clock in, report to your work station, do as your shift leader tells you and press those widgets you scrubs. This plant had better be clean for the VIP visit on Wednesday. The Plant Manager is going to be angry! Do as your told. 

What game changer?

Have you looked at the list of garbage wide receivers who are free agents at the end of the year?

The list doesn't include the names of any game changers. Just a bunch of #3 or #4 guys who haven't had much success. 

Sheesh!?  I know guys are upset but please read what I actually posted.  I did not come right out and call any prospective player garbage but I said almost word for word it's doubtful anybody is going to sign a game changer as any such player will be retained by their old team.  

1 hour ago, billspro said:

Basically the entire offense should be on the hot seat. We need to make sure we have an OC and QB coach that can develop a young QB. Preferably someone who has played QB.

Daboll should go, and let the new OC decide who he wants as position coaches. Daboll may have won with Saban and Belichick but they didn’t win because of him. 

While watching Atlanta/Washington, the analyst talked about how Quinn had turned the offense over to his OC since it wasn’t his area of expertise. McDermott/Beane need to take a similar approach with a true OC, and not a glorified position coach. 

Just now, iinii said:

Daboll should go, and let the new OC decide who he wants as position coaches. Daboll may have won with Saban and Belichick but they didn’t win because of him. 

While watching Atlanta/Washington, the analyst talked about how Quinn had turned the offense over to his OC since it wasn’t his area of expertise. McDermott/Beane need to take a similar approach with a true OC, and not a glorified position coach. 

Why would we let McDermott hire a 3rd OC in 3 years? 

You act like we haven't tried on offense.

We've added tons of new players to the offense under McDermott. 

The problem is they've all been awful.

Our ability to scout Wide Receivers has been especially awful. 

yes, because we've been dumpster diving. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are an abomination at this point.  They made it a bad team. There are no signs of improvement from a historically bad offense and they continue to force feed the fans Nathan ***** Peterman. I'm convinced firing these guys at the end of the season would have 0 downside. 

They've made what could've been a 2 year retool into a 5 year rebuild that unless they see signficiant improvements next year they won't see through. 

I think someone needs a safe space

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

yes, because we've been dumpster diving. 

Isn't that how you find diamonds in the rough?

Also I'd argue most of the guys we've added on defense outside Star Lotuleilei have been dumpster diving type signings. They primarily targeted guys no one else really wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think most people defending the regime right now aren't into analytics.

If they liked to look at stats, they would realize that we are in a good position to record--quite literally--the worst season in the modern era of professional football.  As you mention!

It's isn't just an off season or a slump.  This is failure on a historic level.

Don't have to be into analytics.  This is looking like a deliberate tank from several angles.  Even with our defense we were not going to go far in this year's playoffs.  Let the tank play out hopefully with a top 3 pick and then see how things look come August 2019.

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean the defense is kind of fun to watch but the offense is just so, so bad.

Yeah and the defense could be more entertaining when they know they have a flying ****ing chance to win for all their  effort when the offense and special teams aren't scoring more points for the bears than the Bills defense is allowing.

Peterman and company were the Bears offensive players of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

Why would we let McDermott hire a 3rd OC in 3 years? 

Until Pegs says otherwise McBeane is in charge. McDermott has a young defense playing well. He should just take a page from Quinn and McVay and look for the best possible candidate not necessarily the most politically correct for lack of a better term. I think he puts non football ideology ahead of the gridiron X’s and O’s.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Don't have to be into analytics.  This is looking like a deliberate tank from several angles.  Even with our defense we were not going to go far in this year's playoffs.  Let the tank play out hopefully with a top 3 pick and then see how things look come August 2019.

The frustration seen at every level of the team makes it hard for me to think this is a tank.

From Beane, to McDermott, to McCoy, to whoever, everyone seems genuinely shocked that this team is so bad. 

If they were tanking they'd have sold off more pieces and not signed Lotuleilei. They wouldn't have brough Kyle Williams back.