Get Foles, WR via FA, Draft lineman

BigSky

This year is a bust. I would get Foles via FA next year and let Allen learn behind him for however long it takes. Rogers sat behind Favre for several years before starting and it worked great. BTW NOT saying Foles is as good as Farve but he’s a hell of a lot better than any other veteran QB who will be available. Get a decent WR via FA and find another in the draft. Draft the best lineman available with our first pick and try to find a decent vet as well. Obviously need to fill some other holes as well but that’s how I would start as GM. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t understand why folks keep bringing up wanting to get Foles. He has clearly stated routinely that he’ll retire if the Eagles trade him. He’s in his last spot of his career with a coach he admires.

Must be that some people only casually follow the NFL..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is no way they let Allen sit another year. This is Allens year to learn and observe. Next season he will go into camp as the ingrained stater and get all the 1st team reps so that we can truly evaluate him.

You cant look at Rodgers and say "Hey it worked for him!". That situation in GB was very unique in that they had a HOF QB that was still competitive so there was no need to put Rodgers in.

Foles isn't as amazing as people think. Doug Pederson and his staff last year are responsible for designing a scheme that Foles is very good at executing. But, when a defense figures out how to stop that, Foles isn't really able to adjust. He's not a well-rounded QB. He can do a few things really well, and the rest of it, he's either average or just not good.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t understand why folks keep bringing up wanting to get Foles. He has clearly stated routinely that he’ll retire if the Eagles trade him. He’s in his last spot of his career with a coach he admires.

Yeah, there's a zero percent chance that he doesn't go chase a $20 million a year contact after his is up. Spoiler: it won't be with the eagles

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Foles isn't as amazing as people think. Doug Pederson and his staff last year are responsible for designing a scheme that Foles is very good at executing. But, when a defense figures out how to stop that, Foles isn't really able to adjust. He's not a well-rounded QB. He can do a few things really well, and the rest of it, he's either average or just not good.

No matter how many times this is pointed out his name keeps coming up in thread after thread as the answer.

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

That's what all vets with kids who like their school district (except Fitz) tell their team.  Wouldn't you say the same thing if you liked your cushy backup job and new superbowl ring?

I would.

He's probably telling the truth though, God hates a liar and Folesy is tight with the man upstairs.  How else could he have caught that TD pass in the big game?

Personally I think we should part with no picks or personnel unless we get a serious offer for Shady.   We have Bears, Jets then a bye, and the kid will be back on Nov 24th at home vs the Jags, ready for phase two of his qb trainee program.

40 minutes ago, BigSky said:

This year is a bust. I would get Foles via FA next year and let Allen learn behind him for however long it takes. Rogers sat behind Favre for several years before starting and it worked great. BTW NOT saying Foles is as good as Farve but he’s a hell of a lot better than any other veteran QB who will be available. Get a decent WR via FA and find another in the draft. Draft the best lineman available with our first pick and try to find a decent vet as well. Obviously need to fill some other holes as well but that’s how I would start as GM. 

I would bring in Foles to be our team preacher, as he says he always wanted to be one. The only time I would play him is if we went to the Super Bowl. Then put him in for the Beef on Weck play, which is far more innovative than his Phily Phily Special.

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No matter how many times this is pointed out his name keeps coming up in thread after thread as the answer.

Right? Yeesh. If Foles was as good as some people on this board think, he would've been signed to a team to be the starter. So he stays in Philly which is really the only place he's had any kind of success.

1 hour ago, BigSky said:

35 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Foles IMO is not going to come cheap and not going to sign on to be a seat warmer.   Why should he?  His stock will never be higher he should cash in while he can.   

Not sure if you have seen Foles play as of late. But Philly was in a major rush to sit him on the Bench and get Wentz with newly rehabbed knee out there because Foles stunk up the joint.    

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's not coming here, but I think you're misunderstanding the recommendation. He wouldn't come as a starter, but as arguably the best backup in the league. 

1 hour ago, BigSky said:

Sounds so easy...why haven't we done this before...so you just want decent players? It takes great players to win championships

Just now, dave mcbride said:

He's not coming here, but I think you're misunderstanding the recommendation. He wouldn't come as a starter, but as arguably the best backup in the league. 

Quoted from the OP: " I would get Foles via FA next year and let Allen learn behind him for however long it takes."