Get Foles, WR via FA, Draft lineman

BigSky

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree. I just don't see a number 1 out there this year. That's why I think we might have to take a leap of faith on a Josh Gordon or Martavis Bryant. Perhaps there is a trade to be made somewhere out there. 

Think it has to be a trade for an older 1 who you try and squeeze two years out of while giving your QB a reliable option and your young receivers a role model and a leader. I'd have been in on Demaryious Thomas but that ship has sailed. 

I want no part of Gordon or Bryant. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:47 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Beckham, Diggs and Cooks have already re-signed. Fitz isn’t finishing his career in Buffalo and Tate is likely staying in Philly.

Tate is up in the air, IMHO. He certainly might stay in Philly, but he might not.

OK, so ...

Randall Cobb

Donte Moncrief

Tavon Austin

Golden Tate

Ryan Grant

John Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Cordarrelle Patterson

kevin White

Mike Wallace

Chris Hogan

Cole Beasley

Quincy Enumway

Adam Humphries

Tyrell Williams

Cody Latimer

Phillip Dorsett

Kelvin Benjamin

TJ Jones

Josh Bellamy

Martavis Bryant

Brandon LaFell

Devin Funchess

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Russell Shepard

Andre Roberts

Dwayne Harris

Rishard Matthews

De'Anthony Thomas

Justin Hunter

Geremy Davis

Deonte Thompson

Jordan Matthews

Robby Anderson

Geronimo Allison

Terrelle Pryor

Chris Conley

Josh Gordon

Got this on Spotrac. There are some decent guys here. No, not all will become FAs and not all would come to Buffalo, and there are some names there people might not want to see here (Benjamin, for instance) but we've got a lot of cash to spend and that's all it generally takes to bring in someone.

And this doesn't include cuts or possible trades.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:22 PM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Beckham re-signed so get him off the list!!!! Are you serious? Diggs is going nowhere. Fitz is retiring and if he's NOT retiring, you think he's gonna go from the Cardinals to the Bills? If he plays one more year, he's going to a Super Bowl contender! Eagles just forked over a 3rd round pick for Tate so I don't see him going anywhere. Cooks is a MAYBE.  Cobb, Benjamin, Funchess, Bryant, Kearse, Matthews, Moncrief, Beasley, Lockett are a bunch of 2nd and 3rd WRs who don't upgrade our WR core. WTF are you talking about? We need a TRUE number one and with the exception of Cooks, none of those guys you listed will be available or are number 1 WR's. 

Thanks for proving my point that there's nothing available in free agency.  Cooks would be our only option and he's a BIG MAYBE. 

I just took three seconds to copy that list. It was old. Sorry about that.

But if your point is that we need a #1 receiver and there isn't one on that list, well, yeah, but how often does a #1 get to FA? I mean there are how many of those guys? 10 - 15? One of those guys gets away occasionally but not most years? Teams hang onto them if at all possible. Of course we were never likely to get a #1. DeSean Jackson's been around a bit. But what other #1s? Was Jordy Nelson a #1, particularly by the time he left? We hoped Sammy would be a #1 but he isn't, surely, at least so far. You may come up with a few others but it sure isn't common.

You generally get them from the draft.

But there are guys out there who would be upgrades and would help put good pieces around a QB.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Tate is up in the air, IMHO. He certainly might stay in Philly, but he might not.

OK, so ...

Randall Cobb

Donte Moncrief

Tavon Austin

Golden Tate

Ryan Grant

John Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Cordarrelle Patterson

kevin White

Mike Wallace

Chris Hogan

Cole Beasley

Quincy Enumway

Adam Humphries

Tyrell Williams

Cody Latimer

Phillip Dorsett

Kelvin Benjamin

TJ Jones

Josh Bellamy

Martavis Bryant

Brandon LaFell

Devin Funchess

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Russell Shepard

Andre Roberts

Dwayne Harris

Rishard Matthews

De'Anthony Thomas

Justin Hunter

Geremy Davis

Deonte Thompson

Jordan Matthews

Robby Anderson

Geronimo Allison

Terrelle Pryor

Chris Conley

Josh Gordon

Got this on Spotrac. There are some decent guys here. No, not all will become FAs and not all would come to Buffalo, and there are some names there people might not want to see here (Benjamin, for instance) but we've got a lot of cash to spend and that's all it generally takes to bring in someone.

The problem is that there isn’t a number one on that list besides Josh Gordon and you can’t depend on him. There are barely 2’s on that list (Tate, Cobb, Anderson, Bryant, Enunwa, Cobb and Brown). Our biggest need is at the top of the depth chart. Yes, we need guys but our need for a guy that wins on his own is greater. You have to get that guy in the draft.

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

OK, so ...

Randall Cobb

Donte Moncrief

Tavon Austin

Golden Tate

Ryan Grant

John Brown

Jermaine Kearse

Cordarrelle Patterson

kevin White

Mike Wallace

Chris Hogan

Cole Beasley

Quincy Enumway

Adam Humphries

Tyrell Williams

Cody Latimer

Phillip Dorsett

Kelvin Benjamin

TJ Jones

Josh Bellamy

Martavis Bryant

Brandon LaFell

Devin Funchess

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Russell Shepard

Andre Roberts

Dwayne Harris

Rishard Matthews

De'Anthony Thomas

Justin Hunter

Geremy Davis

Deonte Thompson

Jordan Matthews

Robby Anderson

Geronimo Allison

Terrelle Pryor

Chris Conley

Josh Gordon

I just took three seconds to copy that list. It was old. Sorry about that.

But if your point is that we need a #1 receiver and there isn't one on that list, well, yeah, but how often does a #1 get to FA? I mean there are how many of those guys? 10 - 15? One of those guys gets away occasionally but not most years? Teams hang onto them if at all possible. Of course we were never likely to get a #1. DeSean Jackson's been around a bit. But what other #1s? Was Jordy Nelson a #1, particularly by the time he left? We hoped Sammy would be a #1 but he isn't, surely, at least so far. You may come up with a few others but it sure isn't common.

You generally get them from the draft.

But there are guys out there who would be upgrades and would help put good pieces around a QB.

Again. Thanks for proving my point...